Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-02-2010   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wojo on Reggie Bush...and Mario

I figured this would come up at some point and I know this gets the blood boiling...the season is basically closed for most teams. So enjoy and rant if you want. The article is actually pretty good..just exclude the comparisons, etc.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...1&sportCat=nfl

Quote:
MIAMI -- Four full seasons into his NFL career and we still don't know what to make of Reginald Alfred Bush.

Football fraud or work in progress? Underachiever or victim of expectations? The NFL's most expensive decoy or a Super Bowl MVP about to happen?

This is the week and the game that Bush can fill in all those question bubbles with his No. 2 pencil. This is when he can separate fact from perception or, more importantly, separate himself from every critic who thinks he was overhyped, overdrafted and overwhelmed.

Remember when the New Orleans Saints -- once they picked their jaws and fleurs-de-lis off the ground -- took USC's Bush with the No. 2 selection of the 2006 NFL draft? He was somehow available because the Houston Texans took defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 pick, even though 21 of 26 general managers responding to a Dallas Morning News poll rated Bush as the top prospect.

Now Bush will play in a Super Bowl against the Indianapolis Colts, while Williams and the Texans still wait to play in their first playoff game. Doesn't mean the Texans botched things by choosing Williams (at least, not yet). Just means that Bush, in a game that defines careers and reputations, can prove he's much more than a Kim Kardashian accessory.
Quote:
In fact, if that same 2006 draft were held today, you wonder how many players would be selected before Bush (and Williams). Jay Cutler (No. 11 in 2006)? Haloti Ngata (No. 12)? DeAngelo Williams (No. 27)? DeMeco Ryans (second round, No. 33)? Maurice Jones-Drew (second round, No. 60)?
Quote:
You don't think they appreciate Bush grinding out a 4-yard gain instead of a 20-yard, style-points, zigzag run that goes nowhere?

"A couple of years ago I would second-guess myself," Bush says. "Or instead of just taking the few yards here and there and allowing the big play to come to me, I was going after the big play too much."

The distance between Bush and 2006, and Mario Williams, and all those impossible expectations grows a little wider when he says something like that. Maturity.

But Bush will forever separate himself from the doubters if Kardashian catches him cheating on her after Sunday's game. You'll know it when you see it. He'll be kissing that special something.

It's called the Lombardi Trophy.
Old 02-02-2010   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wojo on Reggie Bush...and Mario

Go Colts!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

In the long haul of their careers, Williams, Bush and Young will be forever linked whether they (or us) like it or not. It's just one of those things. Four years later, I'd rather have Williams than Bush or Young, as would the huge majority of NFL teams if given the choice.

The question is, what will people be thinking another four years down the line? Will Williams still be the consensus choice in another four years? Stay turn to As the NFL turns. Well, that is if it doesn't go on strike. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

This "new and improved" Reggie Bush crap after that one playoff game is about the biggest pile of bullshit the media has strutted out here all season long. Just before that one ****ing game, he was talked about as an under achiever, a guy who still couldn't run well in the NFL, a waste of money, and a ton of other things. Then he has one playoff game where he has some nice runs where he runs with some force and initiates some contact and all of these pencil neck media writers crank out some new fiasco about this new and improved Reggie Bush who finally had the light turned on.

The journalists around the sports media just gets worse and worse I swear. They were frying Bush all year long and after that one game against the ****ing Cardinals soft ass defense, they act like he's all of a sudden another physical version of Maurice Jones Drew despite doing hardly anything all season long.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

i know it's just an exhibition game, but this bum hasn't even been an alternate for the pro bowl to my knowledge. So how at this point, is it even a question any more of whether or not we picked the right guy especially when our guy has been selected by his peers & coaches to go twice & been acknowledged as 1 of the top at his position?

Reginald is nothing more than a very poor man's eric metcalf playing behind a great qb.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We might assume from the tone of this editorial, that the Texans and not the Saints would be playing in the Super Bowl had Houston selected Reggie Bush instead of Mario Williams.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMeco Ryans over all of the above.
Old 02-02-2010   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i know it's just an exhibition game, but this bum hasn't even been an alternate for the pro bowl to my knowledge. So how at this point, is it even a question any more of whether or not we picked the right guy especially when our guy has been selected by his peers & coaches to go twice & been acknowledged as 1 of the top at his position?

Reginald is nothing more than a very poor man's eric metcalf playing behind a great qb.
At this point I like Metcalf more.
Old 02-02-2010   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait till next year when the talking heads start to tell other teams how bad they were for not drafting Demeco and Cushing when we go to the playoffs

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the #1 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select the rights to draft Brian Cushing, Linebacker from USC in 2009.

Back on topic. I find it interesting that if this guy (Bush) is so good. Why is there even the possibility that he could be cut. It's highly unlikely but if it wasn't for his goodwill with the fanbase the fact is he's overpaid for his services on the field. I think by cutting him, they would save $20MM over the next two years. That's astounding.

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 02-02-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Bush almost fumble away the NFC championship game?

Only to be out done by the fumble/bumble bros Favre/Fumble All Day Peterson.

The media will never stop the Bush propoganda. They cant stand being wrong.

Looking back on the 2006 draft give me Ngata any day. That's without trading down.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

He is not even a freaking STARTER!!!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

You'd think the Reggie vs Mario debate would have been over with now that there are four seasons of stats and facts showing Mario is better than Bush. Bush is no Ryan Leave by any means but he is not great either. Enough is enough already I am not being a homer because everything is there to back me up. I state the truth and do not just stick up for the player on my favorite team. Does Bush suck? I would not say that because he catches good in the wideout position and might be utilized in other ways on the football field and still be effective but not superstar UFC Reggie Bush IMO. If it takes another four years in order for fans to see Mario is quite a better player than Bush than so be it but I have seen enough and I rest my case. Mario is better and he always will be that is for certain.
Old 02-02-2010   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Then he has one playoff game where he has some nice runs where he runs with some force and initiates some contact and all of these pencil neck media writers crank out some new fiasco about this new and improved Reggie Bush who finally had the light turned on.
Hey.

Waittasecondthere.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

media is just waiting for a "I told you so" with Bush.

I have no ill feelings for Bush, the media made him out to be the best thing since cold beer and quite frankly, I never saw how he could live up to that hype.

Drew Brees has always been the straw that stirred the Saints drink, without him, forget it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #16
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Bush has yet to rush for 1,000+ yards while his backup at USC LenWhale White has done so already.

Mario Williams has been to the Pro Bowl and was voted as an All-Star and has improved our defense. What has Bush done?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #17
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Reggie Bush has yet to rush for 1,000+ yards while his backup at USC LenWhale White has done so already.

Mario Williams has been to the Pro Bowl and was voted as an All-Star and has improved our defense. What has Bush done?
Led his team to the superbowl.

I kid.

It amazes me how these journalists find a way to warp reality.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #18
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Led his team to the superbowl.

I kid.

It amazes me how these journalists find a way to warp reality.

If it wasn't for Drew Brees and the Saints D they wouldn't be in the Super Bowl. Pierre Thomas has done more as a back then Bush.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

gooooooooo colts!!!!!!!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 123638 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I sent the guy an e-mail. I don't do that very often at all, but this Reggie Bush stuff is getting even more ridiculous.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read