Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-01-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Mardy Gilyard

Cincinnati had one of their best years in program history and Mardy was a huge part of it.

I know we are pretty set at WR, but if the kid is there in the 2nd-3rd round I would take him. Let Jacoby focus on being a full-time WR and let Mardy handle PR duties, plus he would be an upgrade over Andre Davis IMO. It also makes me nervous how much we rely on AJ, especially this past year since we had no running game. Jacoby made progress, but the question is still out there if he can be a reliable WR/PR.

He messed up early on in his college career, but worked multiple jobs just so he could pay to take classes and earn his scholarship back, that says a lot about the guy's work ethic. I think he will boost the competition behind AJ and make Jacoby a little more determined.

I know there are bigger needs, but every team can use more playmakers.

What say you?
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mardy Gilyard

Dude is electric no doubt. And I agree that it will take a high pick to get him, but I would rather see the Texans use those picks in the trenches, or on defense.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #3
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Dude is electric no doubt. And I agree that it will take a high pick to get him, but I would rather see the Texans use those picks in the trenches, or on defense.
Yeah, guess I am in that sexy pick stage before the draft.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #4
was385
Rookie

Absolutely 100% don't want to use a 2nd or 3rd on a receiver. I think there are some WRs who I'd love if we could get them in the fifth round but we have too many weak spots to use a high pick on a WR/KR
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Yeah, guess I am in that sexy pick stage before the draft.
I would be ok with a high draft pick WR. We do need a guy to take pressure of AJ and OD. JJ is inconsistant and Walter may or may not come back. AD is a waste of space, only good at gunner. WR is a need for us this year, me thinks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read