Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-01-2010   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool #2 DT per Mayock

Been meaning to complain to someone but I keep forgetting - so you guys get it because I just remembered

Mayock has Suh as the NUMBER TWO DT? WTH?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #2 DT per Mayock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Been meaning to complain to someone but I keep forgetting - so you guys get it because I just remembered

I've noticed that as well and haven't heard his reasoning behind it yet. IMO, Mayock is the best there is when it comes to draft analysis. He's been the only one I've really paid attention for quite a while now. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

I presume his rankings will change as the dog and pony show moves along.
Old 02-01-2010   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

Does he have McCoy as #1? Maybe he feels McCoy has more value to fit on different teams vs. Suh? I have no idea, probably him just trying to stir the pot and get some increased recognition. Regardless, those two are getting drafted before our pick....
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: #2 DT per Mayock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Does he have McCoy as #1? Maybe he feels McCoy has more value to fit on different teams vs. Suh? I have no idea, probably him just trying to stir the pot and get some increased recognition. Regardless, those two are getting drafted before our pick....
It was the crawl on NFLN 2 weeks ago - I think it was McCoy. You are correct, but I wish we could have either of them.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Here you go - Link
Old 02-01-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love this time of year where we start seeing a lot of movement in rankings (which of course truly means nothing)! Keep in mind this is mayocks rankings from 7 days ago.

Some notables for my watchlist:
Maurkice Pouncey #2 OG
Jonathan Dwyer #5 RB
Brian Price not in Top 5 DT
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

rankings are fluid, ever changing based off nothing really more than idle talk. depends where you look, can always find someone who agrees with you

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010DT.php
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2010   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just can't see it. Im usually not a fan of high-hype interior defensive lineman, but I'd wager a very high bet on Suh being one of the most surefire defensive picks Ive seen in a long time.

To be fair, I said that about Curry last year
Old 02-03-2010   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Mayock, I think he and Charles Davis are a million times better than McShay/Kiper, but Mayock does tend to do this sometimes. For whatever reason he falls in love with a guy on tape and does this. Anyone remember him rating Mendenhall as his #1 back over McFadden? While this actually turned out to be true when comparing the two now, Chris Johnson ended up being the best back in that draft. So believe who you want.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I love Mayock, I think he and Charles Davis are a million times better than McShay/Kiper, but Mayock does tend to do this sometimes. For whatever reason he falls in love with a guy on tape and does this. Anyone remember him rating Mendenhall as his #1 back over McFadden? While this actually turned out to be true when comparing the two now, Chris Johnson ended up being the best back in that draft. So believe who you want.
If someone is doing honest evaluation, his or her ranking should not be a perfect match to the masses. Because everyone else thinks Suh is the number 1 prospect and Mayock sees him as the 2nd (to the guys largely thought to 2nd), it is not really huge deal. There will be some NFL teams that don't think Suh is the top prospect also, but we will never specifically know. If he has Suh as the number 7 DT behind Dan williams, Price, etc. that is huge news that he really needs to defend.
Old 02-03-2010   #11
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
If someone is doing honest evaluation, his or her ranking should not be a perfect match to the masses. Because everyone else thinks Suh is the number 1 prospect and Mayock sees him as the 2nd (to the guys largely thought to 2nd), it is not really huge deal. There will be some NFL teams that don't think Suh is the top prospect also, but we will never specifically know. If he has Suh as the number 7 DT behind Dan williams, Price, etc. that is huge news that he really needs to defend.
Yeah and with Suh/McCoy, there really is no wrong answer. Both will be dominant forces.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
rankings are fluid, ever changing based off nothing really more than idle talk. depends where you look, can always find someone who agrees with you

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010DT.php

while no one was looking, he quitley moved Daryl Washington above Jerry Hughes.

He goes his own way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read