Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2010   #1
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hope for the future

Yes, it was just the pro bowl, but Schaub raising a trophy is a great sign of things to come in the future. Schaub is already a pretty damn good QB, but when Owen Daniels comes back, the passing attack will only get stronger. Remember, Schaub led the league in passing even after Daniels went down. Jacoby Jones looked like a quality NFL reciever down the stretch this year. AJ is AJ, top reciever in the league. With those guys healthy, the offense can be unstoppable. But, as shown tonight, Schaub had Chris Johnson to hand off to, and throw to. He is the type of player this team desperately needs. A new weapon like CJ Spiller, or maybe even Dexter McCluster can only solidify the offense and the defense would not know what hit them. Basically, they need another playmaker, so hopefully Spiller is there when the Texans pick.

On defense, Mario will be healthy. Tonight, Mario showed what he can be for this team when healthy. And seeing Romo go down was a thing of beauty. A Nose Tackle like Dan Williams can anchor the defensive line, and create havoc. DeMeco also played great tonight. Now these guys can go home and get some much needed rest. Cushing will be back stronger, and that alone is very encouraging. The front office just needs to focus on the defense this offense, and the running game. Another thing, Schaub and Marshall seemed to have some good chemistry. Could a Marshall deal be in the works for the Texans? I mean, Andre on one side, Brandon on another, would terrify defenses. Yes, I know that Marshall said it was not a possibility, but why would he say on national tv that "yes, this is where I want to play next year?"
This is a good time to be a Texans' fan, because great things are on the horizon.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #2
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hope for the future

Yeah, Matt had better get used to holding big, shiny pieces of glass over his head. There will be more.

Brandon Marshall's comments caught me off guard, too, but, I get him saying that. He's still in negoiations with his own team, and has to play it straight. Truthfully, though, I'm sure he's thought about back up teams he would play for, and it wouldn't shock me if he called his agent and told him to start exploring Houston options.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

it's really fun watching this team grow and bring elements of football that havent been seen in houston in nearly two decades. we havent had a pro bowl mvp since billy "white shoes" johnson did it in 76. congrats schaub!
Old 02-01-2010   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is going to turn that thing into a sweet water bong so he can stay high as a giraffe's vagina all offseason.

"dre, come here and take a toke from my MVP trophy."

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #5
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

What did Marshall say?
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans got the makings for a damn good team next year. Of course, I believe we've said that a few times before. Another off season and wait and see ahead of us.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

Schaub is going to turn that thing into a sweet water bong so he can stay high as a giraffe's vagina all offseason.

"dre, come here and take a toke from my MVP trophy."
Everything but the giraffe part is exactly what my brother said.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2010   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

All you have to do is look back to the off season of 2006 and there after. If we simply continue to draft like we have, make reasonable moves, and continue to mature and get more experience, I have zero doubt this team will be very good for a long time.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

It's funny how sometimes a fateful event can take place, and you never really saw it coming, but once it occurs...you see it and it changes your thinking.

I like this thread. Not because it's rah-rah, cheerleader'ish like I've seen on here a million times. djohn2oo8 has swerved into something here, and I applaud him for starting this thread.

Schaub gets a shot at starting in the Pro Bowl. He hooks up with Andre Johnson on several nicely-executed plays. It's a national stage with people from different areas of the U.S. watching the game.

Matt didn't overthrow or underthrow his passes. He didn't fall down. He was composed and was very business-like. He was on the sideline, stoking the Brandon Marshall fire. Other players saw that. They see a QB who was out-shining the Football God known as Vince Young.

It was almost like this game could be a great way to entice players to step up and maybe desire to come to Houston. Schaub was a QB, a spokesman, and an award winner all in one night.

Maybe this team CAN get over the hump. I'm still a skeptic, but maybe a singular moment like this is something that jumps up out of nowhere, and it causes a light to go on inside a few people's heads.

This is the first time that we have seen a Texans QB play in a game that held some sort of honor or prestige. It wasn't a playoff game, but in the grand scheme of things...it was maybe a playoff game-type of atmosphere for Matt Schaub.

I am glad I tuned in to watch the game. I hope this team's players were watching the game. I hope they all want to do better. Not for Kubiak. Bbut for themselves. Go beyond the ideal of winning one for your coach. Have that attitude that you can play right there with anyone else in this league.
Old 02-01-2010   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Jaws was sayin... while it is only an exhibition... this can do wonders for a guy like Schaubs confidence moving forward.
Old 02-01-2010   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this performance by Schaub has helped to shake the dust off of the mantle of "Texans still look like an expansion team."

Maybe THIS, believe or not, is the turning point.

And if Peyton Manning wasn't in the Super Bowl...Schaub doesn't get the start. It becomes all about the Forehead and how awesome he is.

And if Tom Brady isn't hurt, he probbably gets in there ahead of Matt, too.

It makes a person stop and think, in my opinion. It causes me to pause and really weight the gravity of what Schaub might have jump-started by doing what he did last night.

A random series of events, out of anyone's control, occurred to allow this to happen.

Never before has an upcoming draft held so much importance for the Texans. They better be on their game in April. We need an impact player with our first rounder, like we got with Cushing. It HAS to go down like it did with Cushing and how he just ran laps around others in his draft class. It HAS to.
Old 02-01-2010   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I take this as basically a scrimmage and some Texans did well. Plain and simple it has nothing to do with next season when teams gameplan, blitz, etc. Not being negative but it is like the NBA All-Star game....you never remember much about them except they are high scoring. I mean David Garrard looked all world.
Old 02-01-2010   #13
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this year by looking at how good shaub looked were either going to be really good or really bad no in between.
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Give Schaub a weapon like Spiller or Dwyer and a couple of average to above average interior OL and you will see Matty shine like he did tonight on a regular basis.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Give Schaub a weapon like Spiller or Dwyer and a couple of average to above average interior OL and you will see Matty shine like he did tonight on a regular basis.
Correct. Even an average running game period will take this offense to elite elite levels... as most of our offense is predicated on the play action. Getting Open Daniels healthy, Jacoby Jones even more maturity and experience, and improve the interior Oline with healthiness and additions and a new high profile RB to compliment a healthy Slaton,etc. The future is VERY bright for this offense. But work must be done on the interior Oline and at the RB posish first.
Old 02-01-2010   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Correct. Even an average running game period will take this offense to elite elite levels... as most of our offense is predicated on the play action. Getting Open Daniels healthy, Jacoby Jones even more maturity and experience, and improve the interior Oline with healthiness and additions and a new high profile RB to compliment a healthy Slaton,etc. The future is VERY bright for this offense. But work must be done on the interior Oline and at the RB posish first.
Rep your way.

I am just in a great mood today, and ready to give rep where I can.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read