Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dear NFL,

On the night of The Pro Bowl and after the game, I would like to direct your attention to two different things.

First, area I would like to direct you to are the players who didn't want to go to the game. There were players that didn't like that it was in Miami, players who said they had injuries (one being from Houston). However there were some that were healthy and there and yet played as if they didn't want to be there. Heck, even one player didn't go to the practices. Some players who did play didn't show up for practices until they absolutely had to.

Next, I'd like to direct your attention to Matt Schaub (MVP of the game), Andre Johnson (our humble giant), Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans. They would be the players that you saw playing with a bit more effort than the rest of everybody else. Please forgive Mario for yelling at other players and sacking Tony Romo , and Demeco for making tackles as if it were a real game. They don't have alot of experience of being in this game and all the Texans players wanted to do was just play the game the way you wanted them to and they always do their best to honor the votes they received from their fans in order to get there.

All week/year long they heard about how you wanted to do what you could to make this game more competitive to draw fan interest. All they wanted to do was honor the honor you gave them. I know you were disappointed that your favorites (Favre, Brees, Manning, etc...) were not there but our Texans are happy to have been there even if some other players could've cared less. I know many wont make much of Matt Schaub winning MVP of the game, but us Houston Texans fans are very proud of him. It's not our fault other players didn't think much of the game to come to it.

As a fan, I'm only hoping that you will look on this day and see how these Texans players did their best in complying with the league and perhaps you can start to smile on our organization a bit more.

Thanks,

El Tejano
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #2
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29606 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dear NFL,

Well, I don't think the NFL hates us, necessrily. Sure they wanted to give a franchise to LA before us, but that was a long time ago, and I'm sure they see how much revenue we bring to the NFL.

I'm glad our boys were showcased tonight, but, I won't hold anything against any player who chose to sit it out because of fear of injuries. When Cushing said he wasn't going, I was somewhat happy because we really don't need him injured.

If the NFL really wants attention for this game, they need to move it to after the Super Bowl, like it was, so the super stars like Peyton can actually play in it. Of course, I suppose you could argue that had Peyton played, Matt wouldn't have gotten as much attention.

The Minnesota player that got booted is a fool with no honor or integrity. Even if the Pro Bowl is useless, he should have been a professional and behaved like one, putting his effort into his job. He's an immature douche.

The NFL smiles on us sometimes. They realized how stunning our stadium looks in high definition in prime time, and have given us consistent prime time games (and will continue to do so). Of course, I don't think that's the ONLY reason we're getting prime time games. I think they see us as a team that's going places. And our intense rivalry with Nashville doesn't hurt, either.

I"m glad Matt is getting the attention he deserves, but we really need to move past the "PLEASE LIKE US AND PAY ATTENTION TO US!!" phase - as players and as fans.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #3
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
On the night of The Pro Bowl and after the game, I would like to direct your attention to two different things.

First, area I would like to direct you to are the players who didn't want to go to the game. There were players that didn't like that it was in Miami, players who said they had injuries (one being from Houston).
Funny...that player was still in Miami though...at Play on Friday night....
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
Funny...that player was still in Miami though...at Play on Friday night....
Yeah that guy earned the right to party in Miami after the season he put up.
Old 02-01-2010   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yeah that guy earned the right to party in Miami after the season he put up.
And I think we all know that if he was playing, he would've been playing his heart out. Especially after seeing how the other four did.
Old 02-01-2010   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I think players should be required to play 1 down if they want the credit for a pro bowl. Tom Brady racking up his what, 6th probowl without playing in it is lame beyond all things.

And yes, that would be a "tough luck" to Cushing. Sorry pards.

I still think it should be Super Bowl winner vs. All star team. That's the only way I'll watch it with any REAL interest.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

How much does the NFL make in revenue each year? Whats the easiest way to make the pro bowl game itself become more competitive? Pay the winners way more money than the losers.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2010   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want more love and attention in the NFL...WIN MORE GAMES.

simple formula. When you are one of a few teams playing, you are the only team to talk about - thereby getting more attention. What's with all the crybaby stuff this season?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
If you want more love and attention in the NFL...WIN MORE GAMES.

simple formula. When you are one of a few teams playing, you are the only team to talk about - thereby getting more attention. What's with all the crybaby stuff this season?
I understand that. We all do. Can you honestly say that The NFL would give the Texans as much props as another wild card team if we got in though? No. History has shown that Houston franchises kind of get the short end of the stick when it comes to that.

I'm just saying to take notice that there is a franchise in Houston that is doing things right. You're not getting these malcontent players that thinks the world owes them. Instead you are getting players that are performing at a league high level of play and giving everything they have for the NFL which was alot more than some teams could say about their players yesterday.

I guess I'm just really proud that I voted for our guys to get in. I didn't just vote for anyone on my team either. I voted for who I thought deserved it and everyone of them got in except for Bernard Pollard. However, the ones that did go in took my vote and ran with it. Unlike some of these ungrateful players who said FORGET YOU to their fans by either really halfing it or complaining, or not showing up to practices. There's something to say about that.

Stop making stories of the guys that didn't play and make some stories for the guys that did and tried while playing.
Old 02-01-2010   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't think that they should even have a Pro Bowl game honestly. I understand why players don't want to go all out and risk themselves to injury. I'd hate to see a guy get smashed and have to get surgery to where he comes back late in the season or can't go to camp and what not.

Just have a Pro Bowl in name only to honor the great players, but they've got to stop letting the fans vote.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29606 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand that. We all do. Can you honestly say that The NFL would give the Texans as much props as another wild card team if we got in though? No. History has shown that Houston franchises kind of get the short end of the stick when it comes to that.

I'm just saying to take notice that there is a franchise in Houston that is doing things right. You're not getting these malcontent players that thinks the world owes them. Instead you are getting players that are performing at a league high level of play and giving everything they have for the NFL which was alot more than some teams could say about their players yesterday.

I guess I'm just really proud that I voted for our guys to get in. I didn't just vote for anyone on my team either. I voted for who I thought deserved it and everyone of them got in except for Bernard Pollard. However, the ones that did go in took my vote and ran with it. Unlike some of these ungrateful players who said FORGET YOU to their fans by either really halfing it or complaining, or not showing up to practices. There's something to say about that.

Stop making stories of the guys that didn't play and make some stories for the guys that did and tried while playing.

I completely disagree with you, dude. The media is WAITING for us to make the playoffs. They want us in. Heck, most of them choose us to get in every year. They're rooting for us.

Are you aware that not every NFL team gets prime time games?

The problem is that we keep being teases. When you deal with a tease and keep getting burned, you have to ignore them a little until they're ready to back up their talk.

Vinny is 100 percent correct. We need more W's to become a high profile team. That's on us.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I just don't think that they should even have a Pro Bowl game honestly. I understand why players don't want to go all out and risk themselves to injury. I'd hate to see a guy get smashed and have to get surgery to where he comes back late in the season or can't go to camp and what not.

Just have a Pro Bowl in name only to honor the great players, but they've got to stop letting the fans vote.
As I've read around, give them the honor, send them to Hawaii and then have some skills challenge stuff for fun. The game is pretty much touch ball.
Old 02-01-2010   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I'm just saying to take notice that there is a franchise in Houston that is doing things right.
I think the idea that Houston is a franchise that is "doing things the right way" is a local phenomenon. I wouldn't expect much national recognition on that.

I would expect some recognition if they went to the playoffs and won a game or two though.
Old 02-01-2010   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I think the idea that Houston is a franchise that is "doing things the right way" is a local phenomenon. I wouldn't expect much national recognition on that.

I would expect some recognition if they went to the playoffs and won a game or two though.
Have you seen our 3D souvenir cups? They are, by far, the nicest in the league.

If the NFL had a Pro Bowl for marketing, the Houston Texans would basically send the entire organization. We are that good, man.

stay thirsty, my friend
Old 02-03-2010   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

to the bolded, yeah sure. Anyone who thinks otherwise has an an inferiority complex.

Old 02-03-2010   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
to the bolded, yeah sure. Anyone who thinks otherwise has an an inferiority complex.
I think we would have had about the same hype as the wild card teams except for the Jets and that pretty much off of Ryans' personality plus the hype of a rookie QB. And we would have gotten some hype bump for first time playoff run.
Old 02-03-2010   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think we would have had about the same hype as the wild card teams except for the Jets and that pretty much off of Ryans' personality plus the hype of a rookie QB. And we would have gotten some hype bump for first time playoff run.
Sure we would have. We had a great story also, and the media would have highlighted our journey from expansion to playoffs. Hell, most of the media was riding our jocks till we cratered as per usual. Many of the posters crying about how we don't get attention are the same guys happy with 8-8 and 9-7 though. There is a correlation between winning and "media attention" that some of these guys don't connect methinks.

Old 02-03-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sure we would have. We had a great story also, and the media would have highlighted our journey from expansion to playoffs. Hell, most of the media was riding our jocks till we cratered as per usual. Many of the posters crying about how we don't get attention are the same guys happy with 8-8 and 9-7 though. There is a correlation between winning and "media attention" that some of these guys don't connect methinks.
Yep, we're like "the boy who cried wolf". We get media people predicting us to finally break into the playoffs...then "whoa, just kidding".

I think a lot of the media want to see us in the playoffs, they're just tired of us making them look like Casserly's with their predictions.
Old 02-03-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yep, we're like "the boy who cried wolf". We get media people predicting us to finally break into the playoffs...then "whoa, just kidding".

I think a lot of the media want to see us in the playoffs, they're just tired of us making them look like Casserly's with their predictions.
GOOD!! I like making BSPN look chock full of pompous dolts...

Hoooray for 9-7!!!

Old 02-03-2010   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
GOOD!! I like making BSPN look chock full of pompous dolts...

Hoooray for 9-7!!!

Pffft! Who watches espn for analysis anymore?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read