Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2010   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Schaub to AJ... best tandem in the NFL today?

They make it look easy even against the NFL's best as evidenced just moments ago in the pro bowl. AJ/Schaub made Asante Samuel look foolish
Old 01-31-2010   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub to AJ... best tandem in the NFL today?

Hold up a second.

1. There is no blitzing, per Pro Bowl rules.

2. Those defenses' d-lines are not trying to smack the QB--Even Mario Williams and another guy (on separate plays) pulled up and refused to jack up Aaron Rodgers when they clearly could have if it were a real game.

3. Somehow, I don't think Asante Samuel was really asserting himself on that play. Did he stare at the QB? Yes. Did he see the pump fake? Yep. But once he saw the pump fake, and he knew it was Andre Johnson, he's not going to try and recover and break it up. He would rather jog away and not lose face over it.

It was a pretty play. Schaub didn't throw it into the stands, so props to keeping his composure together on that easy play.
Old 01-31-2010   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

SHHHHH... that's a secret!!!
Old 01-31-2010   #4
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Either way they are pretty damn good IMO!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2010   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Either way they are pretty damn good IMO!!!!!!
Yes they are!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #6
Bronco Texan II
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Bronco Texan II was voted MVPBronco Texan II was voted MVPBronco Texan II was voted MVPBronco Texan II was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Hold up a second.

2. Those defenses' d-lines are not trying to smack the QB--Even Mario Williams and another guy (on separate plays) pulled up and refused to jack up Aaron Rodgers when they clearly could have if it were a real game.

3. Somehow, I don't think Asante Samuel was really asserting himself on that play. Did he stare at the QB? Yes. Did he see the pump fake? Yep. But once he saw the pump fake, and he knew it was Andre Johnson, he's not going to try and recover and break it up. He would rather jog away and not lose face over it.

It was a pretty play. Schaub didn't throw it into the stands, so props to keeping his composure together on that easy play.
What does that say about VY....lol
Bronco Texan II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Texan II View Post
What does that say about VY....lol
LOL!!!

Eggzactly!
Old 01-31-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hold up a second.

They were doing it in the season, too...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning - Garcon is getting pretty scary these days has well

Manning -CLark straight smoked us
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
They were doing it in the season, too...
Not sure to which statement(s) you were referring to.

Schaub and AJ were doing that in the season, too? Is that right?

Yeah, but the time Schaub had to throw tonight, and how defenses were playing us during the regular season was nothing like what we saw tonight. It kinda' made those two guys look like Manning-Harrison in their prime.

Of course, maybe that's their future starting next season. Would be fine by me!
Old 02-01-2010   #11
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I just got back to the hotel from the game and I agree. Our guys made it seem easy. During the game Matt was doing passing to Chad, Chris, and Brandon and I kept wondering what if.....We have the AJ piece locked in...,we need another...imo
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not sure to which statement(s) you were referring to.

Schaub and AJ were doing that in the season, too? Is that right?

Yeah, but the time Schaub had to throw tonight, and how defenses were playing us during the regular season was nothing like what we saw tonight. It kinda' made those two guys look like Manning-Harrison in their prime.

Of course, maybe that's their future starting next season. Would be fine by me!
if i heard them correctly, schaub and andre are the only tandem since favre/freeman to both lead the league in yards. shouldnt that be "made those two guys look like Schaub-Johnson in their prime"?
Old 02-01-2010   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
if i heard them correctly, schaub and andre are the only tandem since favre/freeman to both lead the league in yards. shouldnt that be "made those two guys look like Schaub-Johnson in their prime"?
I find no joy in statistical randomness like that.

I'm a Wins-Loss guy. Trent Dilfer is a worse QB than Schaub, but Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. If Schaub and AJ bring at least one ring to this franchise, then I will revel in the stats they make with each other (or individually).

Otherwise, like I have said in other threads, Andre Johnson will become the Barry Sanders of wide receivers--He will be stuck on a team who couldn't capitalize off of his genius as a talented ball player.

I know that's harsh, but that's how I look at it. As a teenager, the Oilers-Bills debacle seared it into my spirit. Warren Moon and his weapons for WRs could rack up the stats and the wins, but they choked when it counted the most. I want a Super Bowl title. I got my Rockets title, and an extra one on top, and now I want a Texans and an Astros set of titles. Badly.

Then I'm done. Everything else those three teams accomplish after that is gravy for this sports fan. 1 team down, two to go.
Old 02-01-2010   #14
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

They are two of the best QB/WR combinations in the entire league hands down.
Old 02-01-2010   #15
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea they did make it look easy!
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #16
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't disagree with AJ being the top reciever, but I don't think they're at the level of Brady/Moss yet.

When those two are on... yikes. Unstoppable.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #17
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 39 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
I won't disagree with AJ being the top reciever, but I don't think they're at the level of Brady/Moss yet.

I heard Moss is a slouch

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #18
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarCushPoll View Post
I heard Moss is a slouch
it came from darelle revis.....i mean who is he? its not like he is a top 2 cb or nothing......sarrrrrcasm

if DARELLE said it, then believe it.went up against him twice this year. lol @ oh boy^ who said brady and moss are the best tandum. specially when you got wes welker opposite side to take away double coverage
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post

Exactly. Tom Brady and Moss would still be higher in my eyes. The last season that they played together before this season they both broke records together. This season Moss had the most TD's of any WR if I'm not mistaken. AJ is a better all around WR to me than Moss though. I think AJ is the best WR in the league along with Fitzgerald. You could take any decent QB and as long as they've got pretty good protection and AJ and Fitz are both getting at least 1,400 yards so I wouldn't call them "the best tandem".

Manning to Reggie Wayne's been great for practically an entire decade now and won a SB together and might win their 2nd one together now, so with that being a fact for much longer and having great numbers from year to year I'd say as a tandem they're easily over AJ and Schaub. I wouldn't put any tandem over Manning and Wayne simply because of the longevity of their success together through wins and through statistics. Matt Scaub and Andre Johnson have only had one great season together where both of them played all 16 games as well, so I don't think they would even make the top 3 as far as a tandem with only having one full season together.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #20
DeMarCushPoll
UDFA

Rep Power: 39 DeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respectedDeMarCushPoll is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Exactly. Tom Brady and Moss would still be higher in my eyes. The last season that they played together before this season they both broke records together. This season Moss had the most TD's of any WR if I'm not mistaken. AJ is a better all around WR to me than Moss though. I think AJ is the best WR in the league along with Fitzgerald. You could take any decent QB and as long as they've got pretty good protection and AJ and Fitz are both getting at least 1,400 yards so I wouldn't call them "the best tandem".

Manning to Reggie Wayne's been great for practically an entire decade now and won a SB together and might win their 2nd one together now, so with that being a fact for much longer and having great numbers from year to year I'd say as a tandem they're easily over AJ and Schaub. I wouldn't put any tandem over Manning and Wayne simply because of the longevity of their success together through wins and through statistics. Matt Scaub and Andre Johnson have only had one great season together where both of them played all 16 games as well, so I don't think they would even make the top 3 as far as a tandem with only having one full season together.

To this point Brady and Moss have better numbers because they've played together much longer. Before it's said and done though, I think Schaub to AJ could prove to be one of the best tandems. They've only had one full season together.

Bill Shankly
DeMarCushPoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read