Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 02-05-2010   #21
MouthOfTheSouth
Rookie

Default Re: Lol, Jacksonville

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Yes, the Jags sucked this season. I think they did better than I expected them to do. What about the Texans this season? This was supposed to be your year. Sweep Steaks anyone? And the economy has hit the shitter in N. Florida and the entire state. Check out the forecloser rates in Florida. Why did the NFL play the Pro Bowl in Miami? To $ave money!!!! Texan fans only glory is the big win vs. the Cowboys, what 6 years ago? Stop talking crap until you guys get it together. I'd rename this thread LOL, Texans.
Yes and Conversely, the economy is booming in Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. Jacksonville's economy just isn't up to par with those major cities. Its so bad, that people in Jacksonville can't afford to watch ANY kind of football.

Yup, people in Jacksonville just don't have the money to attend any football games right now.
MouthOfTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #22
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm with Khari on this.. Florida is the penis of the US. Think about it.

Florida is the penis, pissing on Cuba..
So what is Texas, and what are we doing to Mexico?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

this link in the NSZ has an interactive map that showed the job losses in the country over about 2 years

was pretty interesting(and scary) look over that timeframe
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69294
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #24
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouthOfTheSouth View Post
Yes and Conversely, the economy is booming in Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. Jacksonville's economy just isn't up to par with those major cities. Its so bad, that people in Jacksonville can't afford to watch ANY kind of football.

Yup, people in Jacksonville just don't have the money to attend any football games right now.
Funny, this pic is near the Student seating for the Swamp. Let's see, the Gators coming off National Champions w/history of over 100 years playing. Also, Gainesville is 2 hours south of Jacksonville. Jags were coming off a season 5-11. Which would a bandwagoner pay their money to see?

Hey Mouth, I don't make a lot of $, but I support both Gators and Jags. There isn't any excuse for the Jags to have 7 blacked out games last year. I was there for all the games. The economy hit the small businesses who mostly bought season tickets for the Jags...mostly building companies/contractors/land scaping/ect..when the housing market took a crash, so did their business. Cut backs = tickets. When you don't get over 17K re-newed ticket sales in 2009. It's going to be hard to sell out your games. So, far for this season, ticket sales have improved a lot.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Funny, this pic is near the Student seating for the Swamp. Let's see, the Gators coming off National Champions w/history of over 100 years playing. Also, Gainesville is 2 hours south of Jacksonville. Jags were coming off a season 5-11. Which would a bandwagoner pay their money to see?

Hey Mouth, I don't make a lot of $, but I support both Gators and Jags. There isn't any excuse for the Jags to have 7 blacked out games last year. I was there for all the games. The economy hit the small businesses who mostly bought season tickets for the Jags...mostly building companies/contractors/land scaping/ect..when the housing market took a crash, so did their business. Cut backs = tickets. When you don't get over 17K re-newed ticket sales in 2009. It's going to be hard to sell out your games. So, far for this season, ticket sales have improved a lot.
Good. All of the jabs and ribbings aside, I would honestly feel bad for the fans of Jacksonville if the Jags moved. Having lived through the exit of my team, I don't wish that on any fans.
Old 02-08-2010   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Having lived through the exit of my team, I don't wish that on any fans.
I do!! I wish it on the Tenn Titans everyday of my life!!! Not kidding either!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, I'm okay with that one!
Old 02-08-2010   #28
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It would be hilarious if that group in LA buys out the Titans...and it would be awesome if they gave the rights to the Oilers to the city of Houston.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read