Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-29-2010   #1
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kurt Warner retires

I heard on the radio that Kurt has decided to call it a day and retired.

I always liked the guy and admired his toughness.

They were discussing on this particular radio show if he was HOF worthy.

I'd have to say YES to that.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kurt Warner retires

Was fun to watch.

Great story and seemed like a great guy.

He will be missed in the NFL.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Man did he give me great ride... I was a Rams fan for twenty five years before I became a Texans fan. I will never forget how he came onto the scene especially since it's extremely hard to find a decent QB in the NFL. He was a mediocre backup that no one had ever heard of to a starting MVP Qb.. Simply amazing. And Yes, he is a HOF... Took two different teams to a Super Bowl. Won one of them. He was the major reason that both the Rams and the Cardinals went from being a bad team to Super Bowl worthy. And he threw for a gazillion yrds.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to be Bob Bummer, and this has nothing to do with his accomplishments on and off the field. I always found him to be a little *****.. Seriously, watch the guy in between plays or as he comes off the field. He was always bitching, whining or moaning about something... Anyone else notice that or is it just me?
Old 01-29-2010   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I hate to be Bob Bummer, and this has nothing to do with his accomplishments on and off the field. I always found him to be a little *****.. Seriously, watch the guy in between plays or as he comes off the field. He was always bitching, whining or moaning about something... Anyone else notice that or is it just me?
Yeah he did that from time to time. But I think he was being critical of the play or players including himself. He was always critical of himself and also got after teamates if they screwed up. And his teamates always said that he never did it in a condescending or humiliating way...And that's why he was a good leader, critical of himself and others but in a professional way.

The only thing that bothered me a little about him was the whole Jesus speak after a big win.. That was sometimes very awkward..
Old 01-29-2010   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

But it really was amazing the way he came onto the scene.. Imagine if Schaub got hurt in a preseason game and was gone for the season and Orvlosky came in and took over. He then would throw for over 4500 yrds, over 40 TDs, a 13-3 record and a Super Bowl title...
Old 01-29-2010   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

HOF in my book. Three Super Bowls, the three most prolific QB performances in a SB, and a ring. Left for dead in NY, only to surface again for another SB.
Old 01-29-2010   #8
krazy
Geaux Texans

Section: Sec. 104
Rep Power: 20 krazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performer

Hi everybody I'm new to this forum. Just wanted to throw my two cents in and I'm going to say that Kurt Warner is a great quarterback. Hell all the quarterbacks run up and down the sidelines bitching at everybody when things don't go their way.
Old 01-29-2010   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm also talking about whining to the refs ala "the Forehead" (again, I'm not knocking his acomplishments). To me, he's been great but still a *****.
Old 01-29-2010   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy View Post
Hi everybody I'm new to this forum. Just wanted to throw my two cents in and I'm going to say that Kurt Warner is a great quarterback. Hell all the quarterbacks run up and down the sidelines bitching at everybody when things don't go their way.
BTW, welcome aboard. This is the best message board ever. We have the best members although there are heated debates and differences which only enhance the boards. Our admins, mods and Kevin (Hookem) who is the father of TexansTalk, are the best..... ever!!

Again, welcome aboard!
Old 01-29-2010   #11
krazy
Geaux Texans

Rep Power: 20 krazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performerkrazy is a Legendary performer

Appreciate the welcome. And I'll look forward to many heated discussions.
Old 01-29-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Right on!!! Head directly to the NSZ for heated discussions..
Old 01-29-2010   #13
krazy
Geaux Texans

Stingray are you from New Orleans?
Old 01-29-2010   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I was sorta big into the Arena League even before Houston had a team, but especially when they did, and I remember watching Warner just absolutely tear it up for the Iowa Barnstormers. I mean it was a quick strike game already but Warner just really thrived at it. I was impressed then.

It didn't really surprise me when he led the high powered Rams offense like he did. I already knew he was pretty talented.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #15
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Stingray are you from New Orleans?
Nahh.. From down south here in Brownsville, Tx... By the sea and by the border..LOL!! That's Brownsville's motto anyway. I just wanna see the Saints win a SB, so I used their avatar.
Old 01-29-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I was sorta big into the Arena League even before Houston had a team, but especially when they did, and I remember watching Warner just absolutely tear it up for the Iowa Barnstormers. I mean it was a quick strike game already but Warner just really thrived at it. I was impressed then.

It didn't really surprise me when he led the high powered Rams offense like he did. I already knew he was pretty talented.
Do you remember the Barnstormers helmets with the old aviator goggles? I do because my ex was from Iowa. *sigh*
Old 01-29-2010   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

HOF in my opinion. Great player, great person. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #18
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to the board. I gotta ask, you gonna make a trip from Kingsville to sit in section 110? Dude, isn't that's like 5+ hours?
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
*Hang on Bill*

Welcome to the board krazy. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Now to your post Bill. I know what you mean and for a good while I felt the same way. Over time I began to see this guy in a different light though. He didn't just come back and do it once with the Rams, in the end he had a completion rate of 65.5% (thanks football-reference). I just came to realize he was really a good QB in both talent and heart.

As far as him being a little ***** about things I saw that too. Then a guy named Brett Favre started pulling his stunts and it made me realize just what a little ***** can be.

Last edited by Showtime100; 01-30-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck to Kurt Warner at whatever he decides to do. I wish him well. He has always been a good guy and great QB to watch over the last 10 years with exception to those years in NY. Warner will most likely be a HOF player and I hope he enjoys life after football. He had a great run and got to the mountain top at least once in his career as well.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read