Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-28-2010   #1
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61599 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Red Turf?

It's spreading.

Quote:
Boise State has its infamous "Smurf Turf," and Nebraska has what it likes to call the "Sea of Red" to describe the vast crowd inside Lincoln's Memorial Stadium. As of next fall, though, neither of them will have anything on I-AA Eastern Washington, which announced plans Wednesday to install an actual field of red:
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Red Turf?

I remember hearing a story about Texas A&M wanting to make their turf maroon. Supposedly they biologically engineered grass to grow maroon, and they wanted to use it for Kyle Field, but the NCAA denied them.

I don't know if that's actually true, but I've heard it from several different people. Personally, I think it's cheating to change the color of the turf to your home jersey colors. If you want your field to match your school, then change your colors to green and white!
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010   #3
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

The blue turf hurts my eyes to look at it, no telling what this red turf is going to do to them.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010   #4
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Heard about this awhile back and it got approved along with Roos from the TItans paying for some of the turf.
Old 01-28-2010   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post

Oh God please NO!! I can't watch Boise State games because that blue field literally makes me nauseous.
Old 01-28-2010   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad there is no University of Jeff Gordon.
Old 01-28-2010   #7
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

that would be cool......red team colors playing on a red field.....it's like invisible football.....all you see is the ball moving on the field
Old 01-29-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I want this on Battle Red Day. There I said it. Sorry.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought there was a ruling by the NCAA that no field can be a color other than green? Boise St. is grandfathered in so they don't have to change it.

Is this different because Eastern Washington isn't Division 1? Call me conservative or a traditionalist but I think the play of field needs to be standard.

I'm fine with a baseball field having different dimensions but the diamond needs to be consistent. Artificial grass vs Real grass so be it. I'm fine with a basketball court having different SHADES of stain on it? But it has to appear 'natural'.

No way do I support a blue or red football field, basketball court or baseball diamond.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #10
theanswer000
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 theanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden covertheanswer000 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I want this on Battle Red Day. There I said it. Sorry.
That would be something. People would barely be able to see the players.
theanswer000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read