Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Seminole's 2010 Mock Draft

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
1. Morgan Burnett, FS Georgia Tech We get a free safety that can compete with Eugene Wilson on day 1.

2. Ryan Matthews, RB Fresno State
Add a capable RB to complement Slaton and take over the #2 slot from Arian Foster.

3. Sergio Render, OG Vtech Improve the guard position.

4. Vince Oghobaase, DT Duke May not be a starter but can come off the bench and see minutes when competing against this group.

5. Javier Arenas, CB Alabama Some may think this is low but Arenas doesn't exactly strike you as a guy who could be a starting NFL cornerback. I see value in him as a nickel or dime corner and KR/PR ability.

6. Jay Ross, DT East Carolina High effort guy who was very disruptive in college. Would be a good player to get out of the Travis Johnson trade.

6. C.J. Wilson, DE East Carolina Big strong-side DE that can replace Bulman as a backup role-player.

7. Leigh Tiffin, K Alabama or Hunter Lawrence, K Texas If Tiffin is there I take him, if not I take Lawrence and let the rookie battle Kris Brown in camp.

1. Morgan Burnett, FS Georgia Tech

If we were going to reach for a safety I would rather have Jones or Allen.

2. Ryan Matthews, RB Fresno State Add a capable RB to complement Slaton and take over the #2 slot from Arian Foster.

I like Mathews alot. He may not last to our second pick.

I really like Render but he wasnt even invited to the combine so you should be able to get him way later in the draft.

4. Vince Oghobaase, DT Duke

This would be a great pick in this spot.

5. Javier Arenas, CB Alabama

At this point its hard to guage Arenas. His stock will become more clear in the next few weeks.

6. Jay Ross, DT East Carolina

His teamate out played him this year. Linval Joseph, East Carolina Height: 6-6. Weight: 322. Maybe we should go after him.

6. C.J. Wilson, DE East Carolina Big strong-side DE that can replace Bulman as a backup role-player.

Why do you want Bullman replaced?

7. Leigh Tiffin, K Alabama or Hunter Lawrence, K Texas If Tiffin is there I take him, if not I take Lawrence and let the rookie battle Kris Brown in camp.

Hate spending picks on kickers. Even 7th rounders. Remember Dyles was a 7th round pick. I would rather use our late picks on big potential prospects and hope to strike gold.

I feel Burnett is a reach in the first round. Agree with mussop. Would rather have Allen if we're gonna do that.

I think Render can be had lower in the draft. If we go OG in the third there would be other guys I am interested in.

I think Arenas will end up in the third round because of his return skills. I wouldn't want him playing CB on my team though. He is a nickel CB at best and not even the best one in the draft.

I'm a huge fan of Mathews. I think he is the best RB in the draft. Overall, even though you picked different guys than I would have I wouldn't complain about this draft too much. Addressed all the need positions high in the draft.

1. Burnett, I really like Burnett and think there is a possibility that he could go in the bottom of the 1st round but I also think there is a strong chance he plays SS in the NFL and we've already got Pollard. I'd rather have Nate Allen at FS.

2. Mathews, I love this pick but there's a good chance he won't be available by the time we pick.

3. Render, Good player but I think this is a little early for him, there are better OG's in the 3rd, I'd take Mitch Petrus.

4. Oghobaase, I used to be high on this guy but have read that he has motivational issues and his height will work against him just like Okam, shorter OG's will get underneath his pads and stand him up.

5. Javier Arenas, he's tough but I just don't see him being an NFL CB, might be a better S.

6. Ross, or Joseph, good depth good pick.

6. Wilson, don't know anything about him.

7. A K for TC competition, good pick.

I feel Burnett is a reach in the first round. Agree with mussop. Would rather have Allen if we're gonna do that.

I think Render can be had lower in the draft. If we go OG in the third there would be other guys I am interested in.

I think Arenas will end up in the third round because of his return skills. I wouldn't want him playing CB on my team though. He is a nickel CB at best and not even the best one in the draft.

I'm a huge fan of Mathews. I think he is the best RB in the draft. Overall, even though you picked different guys than I would have I wouldn't complain about this draft too much. Addressed all the need positions high in the draft.

I think if Burnett can run in the high 4.4s he will move into the late 1st. Even at 4.50. I think people are questioning his speed a little bit right now and are waiting for him to show exactly how fast he is. He plays pretty fast. The production for Burnett is there, he just needs to put up good numbers at the combine.

I am assuming Earl Thomas is gone by our 1st rounder in this mock.

I think Sergio Render is underrated. He has been really good over the past 2 years. He could push Brisiel and Pitts in TC IMO, so a 3rd rounder isn't too much if you ask me.

Arenas is hard to judge. I don't see him as a starting CB in the NFL so I doubt a team would take him in the 3rd round.

1. Morgan Burnett, FS Georgia Tech

If we were going to reach for a safety I would rather have Jones or Allen.

2. Ryan Matthews, RB Fresno State Add a capable RB to complement Slaton and take over the #2 slot from Arian Foster.

I like Mathews alot. He may not last to our second pick.

I really like Render but he wasnt even invited to the combine so you should be able to get him way later in the draft.

4. Vince Oghobaase, DT Duke

This would be a great pick in this spot.

5. Javier Arenas, CB Alabama

At this point its hard to guage Arenas. His stock will become more clear in the next few weeks.

6. Jay Ross, DT East Carolina

His teamate out played him this year. Linval Joseph, East Carolina Height: 6-6. Weight: 322. Maybe we should go after him.

Why do you want Bullman replaced?

Hate spending picks on kickers. Even 7th rounders. Remember Dyles was a 7th round pick. I would rather use our late picks on big potential prospects and hope to strike gold.

I feel Ross has had better career than Joseph and fits our scheme better as well. Isn't Joseph a junior anyway?

I don't really feel like Bulman is doing anything for us. He really is a below average bench player if you ask me. I'd like to find someone who can replace him, or atleast push him late in this draft if possible.

Last edited:
1. Burnett, I really like Burnett and think there is a possibility that he could go in the bottom of the 1st round but I also think there is a strong chance he plays SS in the NFL and we've already got Pollard. I'd rather have Nate Allen at FS.

2. Mathews, I love this pick but there's a good chance he won't be available by the time we pick.

3. Render, Good player but I think this is a little early for him, there are better OG's in the 3rd, I'd take Mitch Petrus.

4. Oghobaase, I used to be high on this guy but have read that he has motivational issues and his height will work against him just like Okam, shorter OG's will get underneath his pads and stand him up.

5. Javier Arenas, he's tough but I just don't see him being an NFL CB, might be a better S.

6. Ross, or Joseph, good depth good pick.

6. Wilson, don't know anything about him.

7. A K for TC competition, good pick.
I agree. If Thomas gone at #20, I don't see team selecting a CB or DB at that pick. That is where the team need comes in versus player quality.

In the 1st two rds of the draft some combination of these 6 players will be at the top of the Texans board.

1.Thomas, Iupati, Dwyer

2. Asamoah, Wilson, Mathews

In the 1st two rds of the draft some combination of these 6 players will be at the top of the Texans board.

1.Thomas, Iupati, Dwyer

2. Asamoah, Wilson, Mathews
and I'd be open to any of those combos. The good news for fans is this draft should net another good haul of players. Will it be enough to save Kubiac's job?

Most years the best any team can hope for is 2 starters in the first 2 rounds and the rest are depth/rotational players or special teams players. This years draft is very deep with talent and the Texans should get a good haul of players provided Kubiak doesn't pick project players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If that happens then he needs to get run out of town immediately.

I just want us to improve both of the lines in this draft and upgrade 2 of the 3 big skill position needs (FS, CB, and RB).

That's going to be hard to do using only the draft.

To do this 1/2 needs will have to be filled in FA.

I'm worriedthat with the track record they have in the draft that Smithiak are going to try to fill the DT position in the draft. Even though they've failed miserably with thisapproach in the past. They need to fill this need with a proven vet in FA. IMHO

In a related note Kubes was seen talking to Dan Williams on Tenn. at the Sr. Bowl.

Back