Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-26-2010   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Favre's Daily Planner

Got this email..LMAO

Brett Favre's Daily Planner:

* Jan 24 – Throw inexcusable pick to blow Vikings Super Bowl chances.

* Jan 25 – Announce that “It’s highly unlikely” you’ll come back to play again in 2010.

* Feb 1 – Get interviewed for Peter King’s MMQB column. Tell him “no decision” has been made, but “Deanna and I are going home to Mississippi” and give it some thought. Fish for compliments by telling King how banged up I am. Be sure to mention that this gets harder every year.

* Feb 1-9 – Quality time with family. Also monitor the web for speculation about my future.

* Feb 10 – Leak to John Clayton I’m retiring.

* Feb 11 – Deny reports about my retirement.

* Feb 15 – Formally announce my retirement in teary press conference. Don’t forget to say “I don’t have anything left” and “I gave it everything I had.”

* Feb 15-19 - Keep schedule clear to watch “Brett Favre Tribute Week” on ESPN. TiVo same on NFL Net.

* March 1 – Call Adam Schefter to start “second thoughts” rumors.

* March 2 – Deny second thoughts.

* March 15 – Dinner with Chilly.

* March 16 – Call Minneapolis Star Tribune. Say “This is the best I’ve felt in 10 years.”

* March 20 – Call in with “Mike & Mike.” Insist you’re not coming back but if you did you could compete at a high level.

* April 22-24 – NFL Draft. Encourage Chilly to draft a QB because you’re done.

* April 30-May 3. Skip mini camp.

* May 30 – Have agent call Zigi Wulf re: new contract.

* June 1 – Tell Jason LaCanfora “I’m not sure” about coming back.

* July 24 – Training camp opens. Go fishing in Lousiana.

* Aug 24 – Sign record contract.

* Aug 25 - Report to Vikings camp. Tell press “I’m here to win.” Say you don’t want the focus to be on you. Cry.
Old 01-26-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32527 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Favre's Daily Planner

That is very funny....
Old 01-26-2010   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Very nice! I like Favre a lot, but I really hope we don't get another Fave Watch. Play next season or not, just make a decision in a timely fashion and you will likely receive positive support.
Old 01-26-2010   #4
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the guy, but I do dislike the media he generates. Can't blame him though, he's a walking legend.

Will never forget that monday night game he played against the Raiders after his father had passed away. Became a fan of #4 that day.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny stuff Frog.

I have a feeling the media will be talking about Favre alot during SB week.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

funny stuff.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

nicely done and if it all came true I wouldn't even blink.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2010   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The media would not obsess over Favre if fans weren't watching it.
Old 01-26-2010   #9
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Favre's Daily Planner

Good stuff, wouldn't surprise me either. I guess the difference this time around is that the Packers wanted to see what they had in Aaron Rodgers, while the Vikings really want Favre back. How confident can they be in their backups when the coach picked up Favre at the airport this year?
Old 01-26-2010   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The media would not obsess over Favre if fans weren't watching it.
You beat me to it. How many posts have been made about him since the Vikings-Saints game?

Why do people talk about him so much if they are already fed up with how much ESPN talks about him?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
You beat me to it. How many posts have been made about him since the Vikings-Saints game?

Why do people talk about him so much if they are already fed up with how much ESPN talks about him?
Exactly. People coninually complain and whine about the guy as if it's him that's out there begging to get in front of the cameras and then when ESPN constantly covers him, people obviously watch or ESPN wouldn't be constantly doing that. Then you see all of the posts and comments about favre all of the time, well I almost want to think that his bashers are more into him than his fans are.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Bah-humbug..

This was all in fun....just an email I got. I was really just trying to lighten the off season mood.

As far as Favre, I split on the guy. Between the stripes I have always respected him as a competitor and player. I think his leadership and enthusiasm is awesome. As a person/player overall I lost alot or respect because of the drama queen things he has done. People can blame the media for reporting it but we are in a day and age of 24/7 news cycles where blogs, articles, reports, TV, etc pick up everything. No avoiding it unless you shut down and avoid sports. He does his best to take this and get the most out of it. He loves the attention. I just couldn't excuse it after 3-4 times. Look at this board. What else is there to cover in some off season months.
Old 01-26-2010   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a funny post, HoustonFrog, without a doubt.

But, I do not tend to think that Favre is as premeditated as you seem to believe in your last post. I think the guy is clearly at the end of his career, and when the season is over, he's just not sure if he's going to heal and be ready to play. That's just an honest assessment of where he's at when he says it.

Now being an obvious HoF QB, it is a news story when he decides that he's got it in him to play. The media runs with it after that point because an audience is out there demanding information. The frenzy is between the audience and the media - like you said it's a 24/7 news cycle - but it's not something that I see Favre thinking about before it happens.

The media, and obviously many fans, like the guy and that is the fuel that feeds the fire. The problem is that all these talking heads speculate about things that they really don't know the truth about, and that speculation becomes public opinion. Do any of us really know what went down between Favre and Ted Thompson? Of course not, but that doesn't stop people from frothing at the mouth about it.
Old 01-26-2010   #14
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

So what's Peter King supposed to write about if he can't drool over his man crush anymore?

That's right other important subjects like...

Coffee

So glad I read his stuff.
Old 01-26-2010   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC View Post
So what's Peter King supposed to write about if he can't drool over his man crush anymore?

That's right other important subjects like...

Coffee

So glad I read his stuff.
Right now his new crush is Tebow

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read