Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-25-2010   #1
RasTaofarI
Rookie

Default Boycott the Pro Bowl

I've had it with the NFL trying to force a bad product on us, the loyal fans. Because of the sport's physical nature and high probability of injury, an extra meaningless game makes no sense.

I usually miss the pro bowl because it's so easy to forget that it's on. But, this year we should band together and make a group effort to get everyone we know to watch anything else. I will not watch myself, which matters not a whit. I know a nielsen family, and some of you do too. Get your neilsen family to watch anything but the pro bowl; ANYTHING!

Post support, criticism or good alternate programming here...
RasTaofarI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Boycott the Pro Bowl

Buddy, I believe the number of Nielson boxes for Houston is about 500.

So.................... Unless you can find those 500 people. Not that I imagine the Probowl has good ratings anyway.

What do you want to see instead?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #3
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boycott the Pro Bowl

Well my tv won't be on it because I will be at the actual game.....

What do you really want to do about it? No type of Final Football activity at all??? You want it to end after Super Bowl??

I know that Pro Bowl doesn't matter to some people, but some people travel each year to attend the game and it would be a shame if it is taken away completely without replacing it with something.

Majority of football fans don't attend it or even watch it, so are they really being harmed by something they don't even watch to begin with? Why ruin it for those who are into it. Continue to watch Cold Case on next Sunday, I am sure the NFL will get your message.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #4
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that I'm boycotting the pro bowl, but since I've never watched the game before, I don't plan on starting now.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to watch the pro bowl, because we have a QB who's starting in it this year (which is exciting regardless of how he got in) and we have more players in the game than we've ever had in our teams history. So, I won't be able to turn it off until I know for sure everyone came away injury free.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010   #6
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

The probowl is a waste of time for me but some people plan vacations around it and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't care if they do away with it or let it stay because I'm sure it won't be hard to find something more entertaining to do.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010   #7
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I usually never watch the ProBowl, but with our guys starting I will watch. At least until the sit Matt and our guys down.
Old 01-30-2010   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It is FOOTBALL

Lets see American Idol reruns on this channel, Football on this channel

I am going with Football
Old 01-30-2010   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

American Idol..even reruns..usually crushes any other program it's up against.

The Pro Bowl had poor ratings anyway.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

This is my last chance to see our Texans play for a while, so i'm not gonna take it for granted. The offseason is long enough.
Old 01-31-2010   #11
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

anytime i can see our main guys play, i will watch. anything Texan oriented i will aways
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

what the hell is the point of boycotting this? what are you even boycotting? do you understand the point of boycotting things?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ESPN, NFL Crow About Pro Bowl Ratings

The Pro Bowl is, as we've all heard millions of times, a meaningless exhibition that no one cares about.

But the folks from ESPN and the NFL are boasting in the Super Bowl media center on Monday that a few people do care about the Pro Bowl. Actually, more than a few.

The numbers are in from Sunday night's game, and the Pro Bowl broadcast did a 7.9 overnight rating, which is 39 percent higher than the rating the Pro Bowl got on NBC last year. By way of comparison, that's a better rating than the Orange Bowl or the final round of last year's PGA Championship. It also dwarfs the 4.4 overnight rating that Sunday's Lakers-Celtics game got on ABC.
Looks like a lot of NFL fans completely disagree with this thread.

My son watched it. He thought it was really cool to see all the different helmets, and seeing Schaub connect with AJ for a TD was a thrill for him. But, he's only 7 and not as "serious" as many football fans, so he watched it for the point of it all: entertainment.
Old 02-01-2010   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks, I watched it and it was fun
Old 02-01-2010   #15
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i didn't watch it....or any of the playoffs.....
Old 02-01-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Looks like a lot of NFL fans completely disagree with this thread.

My son watched it. He thought it was really cool to see all the different helmets, and seeing Schaub connect with AJ for a TD was a thrill for him. But, he's only 7 and not as "serious" as many football fans, so he watched it for the point of it all: entertainment.
Admit it, Dad got a little giddy when Schaub and AJ hooked up for a TD too!!
Old 02-01-2010   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Admit it, Dad got a little giddy when Schaub and AJ hooked up for a TD too!!
hehe, I was actually in my studio when he came running. He made me go in there to watch the replay. It was cute to see how excited he was about it. I couldn't take that away from him.
Old 02-01-2010   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched some of it and will catch the rest on the DVR. No boycott for me.
Old 02-01-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
hehe, I was actually in my studio when he came running. He made me go in there to watch the replay. It was cute to see how excited he was about it. I couldn't take that away from him.
Right on!! They are the "good times!"
Old 02-01-2010   #20
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it worked out pretty well in Miami this year. If they don't move it back to Hawaii would the plan going forward be to have the PB in the Super Bowl city every year or in Miami every year? Not much changes from the perspective of the fan but going from Hawaii to Miami is one thing for a player, going from Miami to some landlocked frozen city could be a disaster.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read