Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-25-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 843 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Antonio Cromartie

Per ESPN Insider Rumor Mill, Cromartie may not be a Charger next year.

Quote:
Amongst a laundry list of players on whom decisions must be made this offseason by San Diego Chargers GM A.J. Smith, according to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, one name sticks out: Antonio Cromartie.

Cromartie has one year left on his deal, and is coming off "his best all-around season," per Acee. Why trade him, then? The team has some major financial issues with other spots on the roster that don't have replacements waiting in the wings, and it's believed that Antoine Cason might be ready to step up his role. Last week, we speculated that some teams that might be interested in Cromartie would include the Vikings, Lions, Eagles, Falcons and Steelers.

In addition to those, you can add the Ravens and Browns as speculative possibilities, per AFC North blogger James Walker:

James Walker
Cro could be difference-maker

"It would probably require the right draft pick (or picks) for the Browns, Ravens or Steelers to lure Cromartie from San Diego. It's too early at this point to know for sure if AFC North teams are interested. But Cromartie would provide an instant upgrade as a starting cornerback on any of these three aforementioned teams."
What do you think it would cost for us to get Cromartie? Would you make a play for him?
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Antonio Cromartie

He's about as good as D-Rob in coverage, but has been a sissy his entire career who doesn't like contact.

For an average #1 cover man(good #2), who doesn't tackle, I wouldn't go higher than a 3rd.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

He is one of the most overrated players in recent NFL history. I wouldn't give up anything at all for him, unless they would take like a 6th, which of course they won't because someone will give them something ridiculous for him.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Cromartie as a nickel guy. I think he would upgrade that area if we lose D Rob. Which is important because we play the Colts twice per year.

I would consider giving up a 4th or 5th for him, but ONLY if we did not address CB anywhere in the draft.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
He is one of the most overrated players in recent NFL history. I wouldn't give up anything at all for him, unless they would take like a 6th, which of course they won't because someone will give them something ridiculous for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I like Cromartie as a nickel guy. I think he would upgrade that area if we lose D Rob. Which is important because we play the Colts twice per year.

I would consider giving up a 4th or 5th for him, but ONLY if we did not address CB anywhere in the draft.
People who think he's an elite shutdown corner are certainly off base, but he's not a bad cover man.

As long as you have a good run defense to mask his sissy nature he'll be a quality starter. If he were a Texan I would just be sure to keep Pollard on his side of the field, because he will give you those Ole' tackle attempts.

D-Rob and Cro as your starters with Reeves in the Nickle, and Quin - Pollard manning the safety spots would be an unspectacular, but overall quality secondary.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 01-25-2010   #6
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

He does have a history of being a Colt killer but geeze, for an NFL player he is a serious puhcee. I came across this on another board and I'll just link to the specific thread because I don't want to mess up trying to copy/paste it all:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=38183

This is to go to the AFC Championship game and he "tackles" like that. He is pretty much the antithesis of what our FO looks for in corners.
Old 01-25-2010   #7
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a ballhawk who goes for the INT instead of playing coverage which he cant play that good anyway.

His one big INT year boosted his reputation but since then he hasnt been good.

He's the worst type of guy to trade for: His reputation will cost you more than his skill dictates. Unless it was a late round pick i wouldnt touch him.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2010   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

dude is one of the dumbest guys in the league too. on Outside The Lines it was stated that he graduated from FSU without the ability to read and write and that he reads at a 2nd Grade level currently. Dude's IQ is borderline retarded. There is a reason they are thinking about letting him go and his lack of intellect may be part of it.

I am sure its tough getting him a gameplan when he cant even read. I am not going to claim it takes a genius to play football but we don't need guys that can't even read. we already had Carr and he couldn't read....a defense. *ba dum pah*
Old 01-26-2010   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
dude is one of the dumbest guys in the league too. on Outside The Lines it was stated that he graduated from FSU without the ability to read and write and that he reads at a 2nd Grade level currently. Dude's IQ is borderline retarded. There is a reason they are thinking about letting him go and his lack of intellect may be part of it.

I am sure its tough getting him a gameplan when he cant even read. I am not going to claim it takes a genius to play football but we don't need guys that can't even read. we already had Carr and he couldn't read....a defense. *ba dum pah*
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-deficiencies/

Quote:
In response to an Outside the Lines report that generally focused on academic issues at Florida State and specifically focused on the perceived educational problems that former Seminoles defensive back Antonio Cromartie demonstrated while in Tallahassee, Cromartie's agent strongly disputes a comment attributed to him by Tom Farrey of ESPN.

As MDS explained earlier today, Farrey pointed out that Cromartie and agent Gary Wichard declined to be interviewed for the story -- but that Wichard admitted that Cromartie has some "language deficiencies."

So if Wichard declined to talk to Farrey, when did he say that Cromartie had language deficiencies?

Indeed, Wichard told us today by phone that he never said that Cromartie had "language deficiencies" or anything remotely similar to that.

Wichard also told us that, contrary to the representation from former Florida State receiver Fred Rouse that Cromartie could read only one or two words per minute, Cromartie has no deficiencies with reading or writing.

Wichard said he was with Cromartie in the offseason, while Cromartie was filming a commercial, reading off a teleprompter while doing so. (We assume it wasn't a spot for Beast After Shave.)

Wichard made another great point: Cromartie is one of the more prolific pro football tweeters, a skill that requires (wait for it) the ability to read and write.

Actually, he was the first NFL player to be fined for a Twitter posting, after complaining about the food at training camp. Wichard said that Cromartie does all of his computer work without any assistance or editor, and that Cromartie has none of the problems that were attributed to him during the report.

As to Rouse, ESPN curiously doesn't point out Rouse's potential unreliability and/or cognitive inabilities, which include an arrest for felony burglary of a teammate's apartment.

The occurred after Rouse left a glove at the scene of the crime.

The glove has Rouse's jersey number stitched into it.

In his defense, maybe Rouse doesn't know his numbers.

After all, he went to Florida State.

Old 01-26-2010   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Gonna vote- no.
Old 01-26-2010   #11
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, but maybe. I'm assuming that unlike Dunta, he'll hold onto those gimme picks.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143455 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll offer them a pick at the end of the 8th round

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read