Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-25-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just wanted to point out that.....

The rookie coach and QB did the same thing the Texans do when they play The Colts. Noone is talking about this great former DCoordinator and the rookie QB doing a great job. Instead, what we see two weeks a season just happened.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just wanted to point out that.....

Except they (the Jets, right?) did it (we're talking about losing to the Colts I believe) in the playoffs.

Goodnight.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
The rookie coach and QB did the same thing the Texans do when they play The Colts. Noone is talking about this great former DCoordinator and the rookie QB doing a great job. Instead, what we see two weeks a season just happened.
thought the same thing. oh well.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #4
GNR87
Colts fan......

Rep Power: 24 GNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performer

Quote:
When we got down 17 to 6...against that defense I was sweating some admittedly. Earlier in Peyton's career he might have collapsed but he has grown into the position. Texans have had several near misses with us. We don't take you guys for granted. We know it'll be a game. It seems like something always goes our way in the end. Texan fans are like the Colt fans used to be. We suffered and eventually presevered. Many years of what if.... Keep your heads up and one day you will be rewarded.
GNR87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010   #5
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNR87 View Post
When we got down 17 to 6...against that defense I was sweating some admittedly. Earlier in Peyton's career he might have collapsed but he has grown into the position. Texans have had several near misses with us. We don't take you guys for granted. We know it'll be a game. It seems like something always goes our way in the end. Texan fans are like the Colt fans used to be. We suffered and eventually presevered. Many years of what if.... Keep your heads up and one day you will be rewarded.
I know most of us can't stand the "close but no cigar" thing we've experienced with the Colts, but I know that one of these days those games and calls and lucky bounces will go our way and those close losses will turn into close wins. Life runs in cycles and right now, the Colts are on top.
Old 01-27-2010   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNR87 View Post
I was on the "Peyton is overrated" bandwagon. Not anymore. He is the best football player I've seen in the modern era. He was unbelievable Sunday. He is teir one, with no one in his class. Congrats and good luck.
Old 01-27-2010   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I was on the "Peyton is overrated" bandwagon. Not anymore. He is the best football player I've seen in the modern era. He was unbelievable Sunday. He is teir one, with no one in his class. Congrats and good luck.
When Drew Brees wins the SB this year, I'm putting him in that tier. Brees has been the most prolific QB over the past four seasons, has been in two NFC championship games, and is now in the SB.
Old 01-27-2010   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
When Drew Brees wins the SB this year, I'm putting him in that tier. Brees has been the most prolific QB over the past four seasons, has been in two NFC championship games, and is now in the SB.
I don't see any real way the Saints win that game. They have had a great year, but I think they'll stumble.
Old 01-27-2010   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys can put Manning and Brees up there on the pedastool all they want for this season and I agree with them, but Aaron Rodgers has had just as good of a season if not better than both this year.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Guys can put Manning and Brees up there on the pedastool all they want for this season and I agree with them, but Aaron Rodgers has had just as good of a season if not better than both this year.
No dount. He is the real deal.
Old 01-27-2010   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who sees this. Last year, when the Texans played Green Bay up there, I went to the game. I talked with several Green Bay fans who were ringing their hands about no long having Brett Favre. I told them point blank that they should relax, because Aaron Rogers is the real deal, and the future of that franchise.

I really think Green Bay's management got it right by dumping Favre. They had to move on and plan for the future.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well except it was in the playoffs and it was still with a rookie coach and QB...not guys with years under their belt that play that team twice a year, every year. Just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Except they (the Jets, right?) did it (we're talking about losing to the Colts I believe) in the playoffs.

Goodnight.
Got it right out of the gate
Old 01-27-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

And they would've lost in the regular season too if Indy didn't back out of the 3rd quarter.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010   #14
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And they would've lost in the regular season too if Indy didn't back out of the 3rd quarter.
....could've
....should've

...but DIDN'T!
Old 01-27-2010   #15
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see any real way the Saints win that game. They have had a great year, but I think they'll stumble.
this.
AFC will re-affirm its dominance.
Old 01-27-2010   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I know most of us can't stand the "close but no cigar" thing we've experienced with the Colts, but I know that one of these days those games and calls and lucky bounces will go our way and those close losses will turn into close wins. Life runs in cycles and right now, the Colts are on top.
As bad as I feel, when we lose those close ones, I have no doubt that we are becoming a better team, because we are playing one of the best teams in the league twice a year.
Old 01-27-2010   #17
GNR87
Colts fan......

Rep Power: 24 GNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performerGNR87 is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
We've had a lot of close games that is for sure. The tribulations you are going through now will make the success sweeter later on when you get there. Eventually the tables always turn.
Old 01-27-2010   #18
GNR87
Colts fan......

Quote:
Thanks Big Bull! I think this year might be his best as far as leadership is concerned. He has earned everything he has despite a lot of critics along the way. Hell he converted a rabid basketball loving state into loyal Colts fans....believe me that is an amazing feat!

I keep thinking back to 1998.....it was Manning or Ryan Leaf for the Colts to draft. All the football "guru's" said it was a no brainer that Leaf was the more durable QB. They called it the biggest mistake ever for them to go with Manning over Leaf. Leaf was out of football in two years. I keep thinking THANK GOD they went with Manning.
Old 01-27-2010   #19
GNR87
Colts fan......

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who sees this. Last year, when the Texans played Green Bay up there, I went to the game. I talked with several Green Bay fans who were ringing their hands about no long having Brett Favre. I told them point blank that they should relax, because Aaron Rogers is the real deal, and the future of that franchise.

I really think Green Bay's management got it right by dumping Favre. They had to move on and plan for the future.
I became a Favre hater just by the way he treated the Packers organization. The I might retire, but maybe not....I'll let you know later BS. You are right Rogers is the real deal. Rogers was the future and Brett couldn't make up his freaking mind on playing or not. An organization can't just wait on the whims of a star player to decide what to do for its future.
Old 01-27-2010   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
As bad as I feel, when we lose those close ones, I have no doubt that we are becoming a better team, because we are playing one of the best teams in the league twice a year.
So when I get my ass kicked by a few ninjas in a dark alley, I will become a better fighter some day? LOL.

Somehow I don't think it's that elementary, TK.

But I like the positive attitude. You'd be a cool dude to hang out with. Very chill.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read