Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-25-2010   #1
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are C. Brown, K. Brown, and C. Myers this years Weaver, T. Johnson, and Greenwood

I recall having conversations about Travis Johnson, Morlon Greenwood, and Anthony Weaver this time last year as "the weakest links". All three of those guys got cut/traded and upgraded, Greenwood and Weaver in a BIG way with Cushing and Antonio Smith.

Do you see the same thing happening this year with our new "weakest links"? I suspect C Brown will be replaced by the draft, Myers will be moved to depth and we may sign a veteran FA to replace him. K. Brown, I am not so sure. I think he will be allowed to compete for his job again in camp, if only because of his past history of not sucking prior to the 2009 campaign.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are C. Brown, K. Brown, and C. Myers this years Weaver, T. Johnson, and Greenwood

I think Chris Brown has already been replaced on the roster......his name is Arian Foster.

But yeah, all three positions need to be upgraded.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #3
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: Are C. Brown, K. Brown, and C. Myers this years Weaver, T. Johnson, and Greenwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
I recall having conversations about Travis Johnson, Morlon Greenwood, and Anthony Weaver this time last year as "the weakest links". All three of those guys got cut/traded and upgraded, Greenwood and Weaver in a BIG way with Cushing and Antonio Smith.

Do you see the same thing happening this year with our new "weakest links"? I suspect C Brown will be replaced by the draft, Myers will be moved to depth and we may sign a veteran FA to replace him. K. Brown, I am not so sure. I think he will be allowed to compete for his job again in camp, if only because of his past history of not sucking prior to the 2009 campaign.
I don't know 'bout that....there some who seem to think Myers is the center the Texans need. one of those people is Gary Kubiak
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #4
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Theyre like the 3 stooges

Kris Brown used to be good but has now declined to the point of needing to be replaced

Chris Myers doesnt have the physical ability to be a good starter and is depth at best

Chris Brown just sucks. Period. He was never good enough to be on the team and his presence alone contributed to a few of our losses

They all need replacing.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I don't know 'bout that....there some who seem to think Myers is the center the Texans need. one of those people is Gary Kubiak
I find it hard to believe Kubiak truly believes that. As much film the coaches watch week in, week out, it'd be almost impossible not to notice the deficiencies along the interior Oline. IMO, Myers, Studdard, Brisiel and White make for great depth, but aren't the permanent solution at their positions.

If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I'd put money on changes at 1 or 2 of the interior Oline positions.
Old 01-25-2010   #6
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, yes and yes.

So, who's up for drafting Oklahoma RB Chris Brown in April to replace Chris Brown?
Old 01-25-2010   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Yes, yes and yes.

So, who's up for drafting Oklahoma RB Chris Brown in April to replace Chris Brown?
2018:

Criss Brown, play-action, rolling right, looking for Chris Brown, finds him at the 24, cuts left, and a good block by Cris Brown gets Chris Brown to the 19 yard line for another first down.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2010   #8
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Are C. Brown, K. Brown, and C. Myers this years Weaver, T. Johnson, and Greenwood

Kris Brown is going to prove himself and they need to bring in some serious competition this year......

Same goes for Chris Meyers too

Chris Brown....I do not see him on the team next year.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #9
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 136 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

The main thing thing that we can learn is that if your First Name is Chris (or any variation of it) than you are a terrible football player.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is milktoast of this franchise that Kris Brown is still on the roster. There is very little urgent accountability with this team, but I already knew that five years ago with HWSNBN.
Old 01-25-2010   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
2018:

Criss Brown, play-action, rolling right, looking for Chris Brown, finds him at the 24, cuts left, and a good block by Cris Brown gets Chris Brown to the 19 yard line for another first down.
Chris Brown on the stop......
Old 01-25-2010   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
The main thing thing that we can learn is that if your First Name is Chris (or any variation of it) than you are a terrible football player.
Did you use the scientific method to test your hypothisis???????

JK
Old 01-28-2010   #13
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
Old 01-28-2010   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I find it hard to believe Kubiak truly believes that. As much film the coaches watch week in, week out, it'd be almost impossible not to notice the deficiencies along the interior Oline. IMO, Myers, Studdard, Brisiel and White make for great depth, but aren't the permanent solution at their positions.

If I were a betting man, which I'm not, I'd put money on changes at 1 or 2 of the interior Oline positions.
I agree. Maybe the fact that 2 of our usual 3 inside starters got injured had something to do with Myers not giving up snaps at center. I would be surprised if we didn't try Caldwell out at center early in TC, if anything it is good to have a backup. I think Caldwell can beat out Myers if he is given the opportunity.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010   #15
lostboy
Undrafted FA

Rep Power: 15 lostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Chris Brown on the stop......
After a one yard run, a loss of two and an incomplete half back pass by Chris Brown to Cris Brown, Kris Brown misses the game winning field goal as time expires.

"And when we have a boot on an opponent's neck we can't take it off. We can't let up.” Bob McNair
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I agree. Maybe the fact that 2 of our usual 3 inside starters got injured had something to do with Myers not giving up snaps at center. I would be surprised if we didn't try Caldwell out at center early in TC, if anything it is good to have a backup. I think Caldwell can beat out Myers if he is given the opportunity.
Whether it's Caldwell or someone else it doesn't reallt matter to me. I just expect a couple few new faces in camp and a healthy competition at the 3 positions. May the best 3 win.
Old 01-28-2010   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think it is milktoast of this franchise that Kris Brown is still on the roster. There is very little urgent accountability with this team, but I already knew that five years ago with HWSNBN.
Then do yourself a favor and don't go into the "Recurrence" thread. You will not be happy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read