Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Do you take a look at Stallworth, and possibly sign him?
Yes 14 42.42%
No 19 57.58%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2010   #1
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Donte Stallworth

Donte Stallworth will probably be re-instated in a few weeks from his suspension, and the Browns will most likely waive him. If you're an NFL team, do you bring him in and possibly sign him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...te-stallworth/
Old 01-24-2010   #2
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Donte Stallworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
Donte Stallworth will probably be re-instated in a few weeks from his suspension, and the Browns will most likely waive him. If you're an NFL team, do you bring him in and possibly sign him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...te-stallworth/
He will shot somewhere. He can give a team another year or two. If we don't resign Kevin Walter I would want him here because I think Andre Davis gets cut and I'm not quite ready to trust Jacoby as a main #2 go to guy. I remember Donte Stallworth and Mcnabb hookup when they dogged us in Reliant 3 years ago. I see the poll is 80% against Stallworth but even though he was drinking and driving the guy was jaywalking across a causeway when he got hit so both were to blame.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy shouldn't have been jaywalking.

Stallworth paid the price.

I would sign him but McNair wont. Stalllworth would add a great vertical threat and be a reliable no.2 WR. Anybody wanting to draft Bryant should want Stallworth to be signed.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's worth taking a look at.

Having said that, I think we're good at WR. We could even afford to let one of them go.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
He will shot somewhere. He can give a team another year or two. If we don't resign Kevin Walter I would want him here because I think Andre Davis gets cut and I'm not quite ready to trust Jacoby as a main #2 go to guy. I remember Donte Stallworth and Mcnabb hookup when they dogged us in Reliant 3 years ago. I see the poll is 80% against Stallworth but even though he was drinking and driving the guy was jaywalking across a causeway when he got hit so both were to blame.
It is now less than 70% against, but I would hardly think that a poll of eight have any validity.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I am not against Donte because both were at fault. Let's remember people are also people were so bent out of shape because he was speeding and high at the time though. I just worry that he has been out of the game so long and the age factor thing. How much does he have left?
Old 01-24-2010   #7
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

i would take a look at stallworth but i doubt the texans front office would.
he'll get a shot somewhere but honestly how can the browns not want him back!
Old 01-24-2010   #8
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude paid his price to society according to the law so he should get a second chance. I'd definitely put him under the microscope before signing him.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Politics aside, I don't feel he's worth much more than Jacoby or Glen Martinez.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #10
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Donte Stallworth

How many teams has he played for? I'm just wondering if this guy keeps wearing out his welcome
Old 01-25-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
How many teams has he played for? I'm just wondering if this guy keeps wearing out his welcome
4 Teams in 7 Seasons:
2002-2005 New Orleans
2006 Philadelphia Eagles
2007 New England Patriots
2008 Cleveland Browns

2009 DNP
Old 01-25-2010   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The dude pulls a hammy getting out of bed. I'll pass!
Old 01-25-2010   #13
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd give him a shot...unlike Vick, I think he was truly sorry for what happened. He always has been injury prone though, so any deal would have to be a bargain for the team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read