Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-22-2010   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing pulls out of Pro-Bowl

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=6029

Quote:
Texans linebacker Brian Cushing will not play in the 2010 Pro Bowl. The 2009 AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year withdrew from from the game on Friday due to lingering injuries.

Cushing played through foot, knee and rib injuries along with a broken finger in the final games of his rookie season.

"I am really disappointed not to play in this year's Pro Bowl," Cushing said. "This was a long season and due to several injuries, specifically my knee and finger, we've made a decision to rest my body. My health is the most important thing at this point."
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing pulls out of Pro-Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I know people will be dissapointed but its a smart move for both Brian & Texans
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just another preseason game. Joke.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #4
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt should have said no instead of risking injury! Its not like they picked him when they should have.
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn. I wanted to see Cushing in the Pro Bowl. I bet if it was still in Hawaii, he would go. Oh well, maybe Vince Young can take his spot.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, this is going to continue to be a problem with having the game earlier than the super bowl. I don't ever watch the pro bowl, but having the biggest stars in the game not playing in it kind of defeats the purpose.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #7
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Damn, oh well, he needs some rest after one hell of a year. Next season is going to be even longer!
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2010   #8
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

All NFC offensive players breathe a sigh of relief.
Old 01-22-2010   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly. I breathe a sigh of relief, too.

I don't want any of our guys playing in this thing. Sure, it's an honor and everything but I don't want any of our guys risking injury in a meaningless game.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Honestly. I breathe a sigh of relief, too.

I don't want any of our guys playing in this thing. Sure, it's an honor and everything but I don't want any of our guys risking injury in a meaningless game.
Which is why this game is a joke..if players have any injury they won't play so you get the 3rd or 4th alternate.

They should just give them a banquet...present them a plaque and be done with it.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wise choice, Cush!

I'm surprised Mario hasn't bailed due his shoulder injury.
Old 01-22-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Damn. I wanted to see Cushing in the Pro Bowl. I bet if it was still in Hawaii, he would go. Oh well, maybe Vince Young can take his spot.
Nicely done GB, nicely done.
Old 01-22-2010   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder if he needs a nurse! I'd donate my time if I thought it would help make him better!

2010 will hopefully be the year of the TEXANS, and our boy Cush will be ready to roll!!!

I'm just waiting for Mario to make the same decision. I'd be surprised if he doesn't. He needs to rest that shoulder!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #14
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 36 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bust
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
Matt should have said no instead of risking injury! Its not like they picked him when they should have.
over who? brady? manning? rivers? give me a break.

i love matt, but those 3 guys had better years for their team's success.
Old 01-22-2010   #16
cardiactgaters
Rookie

Section: 651
Rep Power: 25 cardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respectedcardiactgaters is a quality contributor and well respected

do you know do they still go to pro bowl if not playing in the game ? for autographs and such
Old 01-22-2010   #17
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Cushing pulls out of Pro-Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I know people will be dissapointed but its a smart move for both Brian & Texans
QFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Damn, oh well, he needs some rest after one hell of a year. Next season is going to be even longer!
We certainly hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Wonder if he needs a nurse! I'd donate my time if I thought it would help make him better!

2010 will hopefully be the year of the TEXANS, and our boy Cush will be ready to roll!!!

I'm just waiting for Mario to make the same decision. I'd be surprised if he doesn't. He needs to rest that shoulder!
lol Sandy wants to retire as a hospice nurse for her favorite players! (Maybe Cush & Billy Miller can share a house or something?)
Old 01-22-2010   #18
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Sad to see he won't be playing alongside Demeco, but good to see he's being smart about things and resting for when things count.
Would have enjoyed hearing the commentaters gush about his skills when nobody rushes past him.
Oh well, at least we got 4 others to watch.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Sad to see he won't be playing alongside Demeco, but good to see he's being smart about things and resting for when things count.
Would have enjoyed hearing the commentaters gush about his skills when nobody rushes past him.
Oh well, at least we got 4 others to watch.
Off topic but: Bastard!!! Your avatar sucks!!
Old 01-22-2010   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

They should play a round of flag football instead, boost the sport and avoid the injuries

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read