Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-22-2010   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default You KNEW It: Eric Winston Could Not Go Without Talkin' To Matt & Adam

Flip on 790 now!
Old 01-22-2010   #2
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: You KNEW It: Eric Winston Could Not Go Without Talkin' To Matt & Adam

blocked at work, what's going on?
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You KNEW It: Eric Winston Could Not Go Without Talkin' To Matt & Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Flip on 790 now!
.... WTF is going on ....
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
.... WTF is going on ....
Later today, just go to sports790.com and download the podcast.

Winston has been in studio for the hour.
Old 01-22-2010   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any chance to recap some of the high points?
Old 01-22-2010   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Later today, just go to sports790.com and download the podcast.

Winston has been in studio for the hour.
I'd still appreciate a summary from anyone who's willing to transcribe. I'm Deaf and podcasts aren't exactly suitable for me. Lol.
Old 01-22-2010   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'd still appreciate a summary from anyone who's willing to transcribe. I'm Deaf and podcasts aren't exactly suitable for me. Lol.
The best part about the hour is that they didn't talk Texans at all. It was
just Winston demonstrating the great sports talkshow host he's gonna make
when his playing days are over. They were just three guys talking sports
and pop culture.
Old 01-22-2010   #8
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The best part about the hour is that they didn't talk Texans at all. It was
just Winston demonstrating the great sports talkshow host he's gonna make
when his playing days are over. They were just three guys talking sports
and pop culture.
No doubt that Winston is a fantastic host, and that he's VERY knowledgable about sports. But, as the season wore on, after every loss, I got sick of hearing him on the radio, acting all cheerful and happy.

I love the guy, but, I need a few more W's.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still jaded that he walked right past me the Feb. after his rookie season, a guy wearing a battle red #59 jersey in the middle of a bar in Dallas, and didn't say a word to me.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #10
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I'm still jaded that he walked right past me the Feb. after his rookie season, a guy wearing a battle red #59 jersey in the middle of a bar in Dallas, and didn't say a word to me.
Awww, give him a break. He was still a rookie. That would have been bad if Mr. #59 didn't say a word.

The times that I have seen him out, he was with his boys. So, it was just a hi and good luck type of interaction.

Last edited by Dr2bKay; 01-22-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

this thread title is the frontrunner in 2010 for "Biggest Letdown After Opening Thread" award.
Old 01-22-2010   #12
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe if you had an ERIC WINSTON JERSEY instead of Ryans, he would have stopped.
Old 01-22-2010   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Maybe if you had an ERIC WINSTON JERSEY instead of Ryans, he would have stopped.
I'd hope so.

The whole reason I was wearnig my jersey was because it was the night before the pro-bowl. I had to represent for DeMeco.

And I'm not really bothered that he didn't speak to me, I'm being partly facetious. It was just funny that one of his (Winston's) friends came up to me to talk to me about my jersey and told me that his friend, an OL for the Texans was in the bar. Sure enough, 5 minutes later Winston walked past me.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd hope so.

The whole reason I was wearnig my jersey was because it was the night before the pro-bowl. I had to represent for DeMeco.

And I'm not really bothered that he didn't speak to me, I'm being partly facetious. It was just funny that one of his (Winston's) friends came up to me to talk to me about my jersey and told me that his friend, an OL for the Texans was in the bar. Sure enough, 5 minutes later Winston walked past me.
I was joking too...you should write Captain Caveman a letter and explain that he's a jerk!

(still joking)
Old 01-22-2010   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone hear him riff on the James kid at Texas Tech being locked in the closet? Hilarious! "I could maybe see a college player being locked in a closet once, but twice? How exactly did that happen?" He went on and on. I thought he was on 610 though not 790?
Old 01-22-2010   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Did anyone hear him riff on the James kid at Texas Tech being locked in the closet? Hilarious! "I could maybe see a college player being locked in a closet once, but twice? How exactly did that happen?" He went on and on. I thought he was on 610 though not 790?
He's only contractually obligated to 610 during the regular season. Matt
Jackson is his boy, so they did radio on Eric's time today. Pretty good stuff.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read