Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-21-2010   #1
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LaDainian Tomlinson

I know I'm going to receive A LOT of flak for this, but if the Chargers were to release LaDainian Tomlinson, I'd be all for bringing him to Houston.

I wouldn't even be mad at the front office if they proposed to trade for him.

Hypothetical: Trade a conditional 2011 fifth-round pick that turns into a fourth-rounder depending on production, percent of plays, etc.

If you don't have a puzzled look on your face, and Ahman Green's name hasn't popped into your head yet as you're reading this then I am very surprised!

We can all agree that Gary Kubiak is in a make or break year for his job next season as the Houston Texans head coach, and sometimes coaches while in those types of situations have to resort to drastic measures.

I truly believe that LT has a good 2-3 years left in the tank, especially if he's not the focal point of the offense, which he shouldn't be if he were here in Houston. I don't care what Kubiak's philosophy is, the Texans are a pass orientated offense.

I would envision it that LaDainian SHOULD NOT be the workhorse, and split carries with Slaton/Foster. Giving LT no more than 150-175 carries a year would be the efficient way to get the best out of him in my opinion. Also don't forget he's got a nose for the pay dirt, and that's something the Texans running backs have been lacking that they DEFINITELY need!

New offensive coordinator Rick Dennison also plays a huge role in this as well, as I believe he can fix the offensive line's run-blocking troubles, and that would in turn make everyone's life easier on the offensive side of the ball.

Also I wouldn't be opposed if the Texans still drafted a running back in the later rounds of this year's draft even if we were to happen to acquire Tomlinson, because I'm not an ***** and for all we know LT could break down just like Ahman Green once he arrives in Houston, but it's a risk I'd be willing to take.

Let's bring LaDainian back to Texas where he belongs, a true Texan!

So what do you all think? Does this sound reasonable to you, or do I sound like a nut job proposing my team to go after a running back that is past his prime?

(I've got my fire resistant suit on, so flame away!)
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LaDainian Tomlinson

Hello, Charlie.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

If he is released then sure, take a look at him. As for giving up picks, no
Old 01-21-2010   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Only if he brings his super cool electric glide moves along with him

If you haven't seen the video yet, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdBjHc-6WE
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #5
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Hello, Charlie.
That's Mr. Casserly to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Only if he brings his super cool electric glide moves along with him

If you haven't seen the video yet, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdBjHc-6WE
Yeah I've seen it, and I'll personally upload a video of myself doing that dance if he joins the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
If he is released then sure, take a look at him. As for giving up picks, no
I understand where you're coming from, but a mid-round pick for someone like Tomlinson doesn't seem like too much of a sacrifice in my opinion. Obviously this is just speculation, because who knows what the Chargers organization would be willing to accept to trade Tomlinson.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I we are going to trade with SD, just give them back whatever we got for TJ.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #7
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloy View Post
if he is released then sure, take a look at him. As for giving up picks, no
+ 1
Old 01-21-2010   #8
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy might have 1 year left maximum and I think that will be a waste of time. This guy disappear in the playoffs as well so lets draft a stud runnning back and be done with it. I would rather sign or trade for DT Shaun Rogers to plug up the middle instead of wasting another high draft choice on another DT.
Old 01-21-2010   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And this is in the Texans Talk forum because..........?
Old 01-21-2010   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The mods just woke up
Old 01-21-2010   #11
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
he's asking about a trade he thinks the texans should make. why would'nt it go here?
Old 01-21-2010   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

LT still has a little game...goalline and spell work. He looked good at times this year. He just needs a good system and line. As good as they were this year, the Chargers line had some run blocking issues. Considering the Texans problems, I don't see LT as a good fit unless it was fixed. He did score TDs when given the chance though.
Old 01-21-2010   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Green, Chris Brown......LT is likely still more reliable than those two, but I'll pass. Unless it's for vet minimum, of course.

We'll draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd and probably grab an UDFA or two. That reminds me, we still have Jeremiah Johnson to look at too.

No more geezers for RBs, please.
Old 01-21-2010   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
he's asking about a trade he thinks the texans should make. why would'nt it go here?
Because someone can start similiar speculation about every player in the league...i.e. not news about the Texans or a Texan player.
Old 01-21-2010   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The mods just woke up
I should have clarified. My bad. I was in a hurry this morning.

I meant that the guy should have put this in the NFL section. LT isn't on our team, and the forum he put it in is for talk about the current team and its current players/staff/etc. I guess I should lay off since he has about 400 posts. It takes time to get the hang of how it works.

And to utahmark: You have almost 1500 posts. You've never seen the "we should trade for ________" threads get moved out of the Texans Talk forum and into the NFL forum?

Just being cranky. I have a bad bad head cold that's been here all week.
Old 01-21-2010   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't want to trade for him... I think it would turn out just like the Eric Moulds deal. But if he gets released, I would be all for bringing him in. I think he would be more reliable than Slaton or Foster. I know we're not getting the LT from a few years ago, but he would still be a solid RB to have as part of our group.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way I want him here is if he signs here for vet minimum. I don't think he's got anything left in the tank.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 132284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Ahman Green, Chris Brown......LT is likely still more reliable than those two, but I'll pass. Unless it's for vet minimum, of course.

We'll draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd and probably grab an UDFA or two. That reminds me, we still have Jeremiah Johnson to look at too.

No more geezers for RBs, please.
Tru dat. LT is finished. His heart says he's not, but his body and stats say "Thanks for the memories." As the 3rd rb, i'd consider him. But I'd have no illusions about him ever being anything more than Chris Brown or Ahman Greenish.
Old 01-21-2010   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

LT????? NO, sorry but DO NOT WANT.

That would be just another move like the Amaan Green and Brown move. Of course that would be right up Kubiak's ally though. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Smithiak do it.

The RB's I'd like to bring in somehow would be Chester Taylor from the Vikings. He's a very solid veteran that hasn't been worked hard over the last 3 years. His legs should still be very good and he's one of the best RB's in the league in my opinion. He just happens to play behind AP. Taylor does everything well. He catches passes well, he blocks well, and runs very hard. The guy is a very good runner in the red zone as well.

Peyton Hillis would be a great addition as well. He isn't being used in Denver, so at this point Denver would be stupid not to trade him for not much at all. Kubes likes anything that's been in Denver as well.

Jason Snelling. I've got no idea what his situation is like in ATL though. I'm sure they want to keep him around, but that guy impressed me this season. He's pretty big and he runs like a truck with some pretty nice speed. He could be pretty damn good on the right team.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
LT????? NO, sorry but DO NOT WANT.

That would be just another move like the Amaan Green and Brown move. Of course that would be right up Kubiak's ally though. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Smithiak do it.

The RB's I'd like to bring in somehow would be Chester Taylor from the Vikings. He's a very solid veteran that hasn't been worked hard over the last 3 years. His legs should still be very good and he's one of the best RB's in the league in my opinion. He just happens to play behind AP. Taylor does everything well. He catches passes well, he blocks well, and runs very hard. The guy is a very good runner in the red zone as well.

Peyton Hillis would be a great addition as well. He isn't being used in Denver, so at this point Denver would be stupid not to trade him for not much at all. Kubes likes anything that's been in Denver as well.

Jason Snelling. I've got no idea what his situation is like in ATL though. I'm sure they want to keep him around, but that guy impressed me this season. He's pretty big and he runs like a truck with some pretty nice speed. He could be pretty damn good on the right team.
IF we're talking about geezers for running backs Chester Taylor is going to be 31 next September. I don't see him leaving Minnesota unless he asks for a big deal.

Hillis I'm on board with. Right now they have him as the starting FB, but there's another FB on the roster. Not sure what Hillis contract is but, I'd offer a 4th rounder or offer to trade Anderson straight up.

Agree on Snelling. Guy impressed when he got carries, but not sure as well what his contract situation is.

Far as LT goes, would I like to see him ina Texans uni? For the right price yes. I don't think he'll be looking for a big contract as much as he'd probably like to have a shot at a superbowl title. I'd probably think there's a team or two that's close that wouldn't mind bringing him on board for a reasonable price.

Honestly I'd love to see him stick around for one more year for a shot at a title. They guy has been nothing but a class act through out his career and is humbled by his accomplishments.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read