Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-19-2010   #1
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 1345 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson, "beast"

I was watching NFL Total Access today. They were interviewing Darell Revis and Deon Sanders asks him to tell him what he thinks of WRs he mentions.

DS: T.O?
DR: Slouch.
DS: Randy Moss?
DR: I'll probably say slouch too.
DS: Chad Johnson
DR: Competitor
DS: Steve Smith (Panthers)
DR: Competitor
DS: Andre...Johnson
DR: Beast

Just thought this was pretty cool! Makes me proud to be a Texan! GO AJ!

I'll try to see if I can find the video.
Old 01-19-2010   #2
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson, "beast"

Ask and you shall recieve... end of the the video starting around 3:45.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Darrelle-Revis
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #3
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

It's awesome how AJ commands more respect from a guy that shut him down than all those other great receivers. I smile every time I remember that Andre Johnson plays for us and not someone else.
Old 01-19-2010   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Should this be merged with the other threads about it?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Should this be merged with the other threads about it?
I think the post counter would overload.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Revis' candor. I think he also knows he's playing 80 again next year, don't wanna write checks you can't cash.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2010   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I like Revis' candor. I think he also knows he's playing 80 again next year, don't wanna write checks you can't cash.
Right now, Revis has a license to talk any amount of trash he wants. He's pretty much held down everybody who happens to find their way onto Revis Island.
Old 01-20-2010   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Right now, Revis has a license to talk any amount of trash he wants. He's pretty much held down everybody who happens to find their way onto Revis Island.
Yeah yeah, I think the other 10 on defense have a bit to do with whats going on with the Jets' defense too though (especially in the week 1 matchup, our entire offense looked awful). They're the #1 ranked defense and #1 against the pass. One lockdown CB alone can't be the cause of that. And lets not forget what Rex Ryan's scheme did for those Baltimore DB's. Those guys couldn't cover a lick this year without him.
Old 01-20-2010   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah yeah, I think the other 10 on defense have a bit to do with whats going on with the Jets' defense too though (especially in the week 1 matchup, our entire offense looked awful). They're the #1 ranked defense and #1 against the pass. One lockdown CB alone can't be the cause of that. And lets not forget what Rex Ryan's scheme did for those Baltimore DB's. Those guys couldn't cover a lick this year without him.
The guy literally plays single man coverage on the best WR on the opposing offense (Well they didn't play that vs the Chargers, but Ryan said he felt the Chargers didn't have a clear-cut #1) pretty much every snap. He's not getting unearned accolades, he's pretty legit.
Old 01-20-2010   #11
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The guy literally plays single man coverage on the best WR on the opposing offense (Well they didn't play that vs the Chargers, but Ryan said he felt the Chargers didn't have a clear-cut #1) pretty much every snap. He's not getting unearned accolades, he's pretty legit.
I think he's definitely surpassed Nnamdi as the undisputed #1 corner in the league. That said, their defense as a whole wreaks havoc on offenses. QBs never get a clean pocket and because of their blitzes you can pretty much eliminate anything beyond a 3 step drop from your playbook. Those factors alone would aid ANY corner. Revis is great but he isn't immaculate. Ask Tedd Ginn who burned him for an 80 yard TD catch on MNF this year.
Old 01-20-2010   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

beast
Old 01-20-2010   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
I think he's definitely surpassed Nnamdi as the undisputed #1 corner in the league. That said, their defense as a whole wreaks havoc on offenses. QBs never get a clean pocket and because of their blitzes you can pretty much eliminate anything beyond a 3 step drop from your playbook. Those factors alone would aid ANY corner. Revis is great but he isn't immaculate. Ask Tedd Ginn who burned him for an 80 yard TD catch on MNF this year.
Ypou guys are both right. He is a legit shut down beast of a CB, but he does have a GREAT D around him. Vs San DIego, the Jets got pressure with a three man front more than a few times, leaving you to beat 8 in coverage while running for your life.

Last edited by BigBull17; 01-20-2010 at 08:03 AM.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

And just think, Dunta Robinson wants to be paid like Revis.

God, I'll be so glad when he's gone.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's immaculate as it gets at the position. He's only in his 3rd season and he's had one of the best seasons for any CB in the history of the game when you look at how well he shut down the WR's he played this season. He plays in single man coverage and takes over his side of the field. Great CB's are very hard to find and very rare in the NFL. Finding a CB of his caliber only comes along like every 5 or 6 years.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #16
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He's immaculate as it gets at the position. He's only in his 3rd season and he's had one of the best seasons for any CB in the history of the game when you look at how well he shut down the WR's he played this season. He plays in single man coverage and takes over his side of the field. Great CB's are very hard to find and very rare in the NFL. Finding a CB of his caliber only comes along like every 5 or 6 years.
Yep! Having Deion do the interview may portend just how good this kid can be (if he isn't there already).
Old 01-20-2010   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Yep! Having Deion do the interview may portend just how good this kid can be (if he isn't there already).
Not a Jets fan or follower but how does the kid do as far as tackling?

If he's a good tackler then he already has a leg up on Deion.

Deion readily admitted that wasn't his thing...

sometimes he didn't even try.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Not a Jets fan or follower but how does the kid do as far as tackling?

If he's a good tackler then he already has a leg up on Deion.

Deion readily admitted that wasn't his thing...

sometimes he didn't even try.
He's very good against the run. He does everything well actually. I'm not aware of one weakness to his game really. He gets INT's as well and he's gotten two in his first two playoff games this season at crucial moments. I don't think I've ever seen a CB this good at this point in his career this early and he seems to have a really good head on his shoulders.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I had tickets when Deion played and he wiffed on more tackles than I care to remember. He just was incapable of making a hard hit.

They had hard hitting safeties though so that made up the deficit and Deion could cover anybody one on one BUT still...he's the worse tackling corner I think I've ever seen.

He was the best at everything else though. So you got what you got with Deion.

Deion was always one of my favorite players to watch...there was just a buzz that he brought to games..he was all about Deion but he sure was fun to watch.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #20
texans3964
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texans3964 seems to be losing the respect of his peers

thank you Mr Revis.Andre"The Beast"Johnson has a nice ring to it.
texans3964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read