Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2005   #1
texansfan88
All Pro

Default 58 minutes til free agency...do they?

Do the Texans make any moves in the last 58 minutes here or do you think they let Banks, Payne, Simmons, Bell, Deloach, Sears, Spears, McCree and others test the market?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I don't want to see Payne gone, or Simmons and Bell.

Banks is a solid backup...but he wants to test the market.

I don't know...Im very confused about a good amount of the players not being tendered yet.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW, Corey Sears reached a deal this evening.
Old 03-01-2005   #4
texansfan88
All Pro

Banks wont find a starting job out there this year. Too many qbs out there that are better than him

do you have a link to sears?
Old 03-01-2005   #5
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

You really think Banks could find a starting job somewhere? Out of the whole bunch the only one I want to see back is McCree. All the rest of them could walk. The Texans will sit around and sign some low key FA's while the rest of the 31 NFL teams go player crazy.
Old 03-01-2005   #6
Jwwillis
All Pro

The O-line has been a problem since the Texans existance. Mostly because of the Boselli disaster IMO. It is taking this organization longer to recover from that mistake than they are willing to admit. Smart money says they won't do ANYTHING with the O-Line this year either. The Texans #1 pick will be going into his 4th season already and the O-Line is STILL a big ?
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
do you have a link to sears?
No link, but I know that the mentioned the signing on Fox last night, or maybe it was Channel 2. One of those two.

Last edited by texasguy346; 03-01-2005 at 10:41 PM.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2005   #8
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
No link, but I know that the mentioned the signing on Fox last night, or maybe it was Channel 2. One of those two.

Was on WB39...nothing on kffl yet though.
Old 03-01-2005   #9
texansfan88
All Pro

thank you for supporting my workplace lol
Old 03-01-2005   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
The O-line has been a problem since the Texans existance. Mostly because of the Boselli disaster IMO. It is taking this organization longer to recover from that mistake than they are willing to admit.
We didn't lose a pick or a player by taking a chance on Boselli. We were the only team in the expansion draft so it was just like signing a street FA who never played. If we gave up a pick or traded a player I'd agree.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Was on WB39...nothing on kffl yet though.
well i don't watch wb39, but i know i heard it mentioned on either fox or channel 2. so it must be out there somewhere on one of those sites.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #12
texansfan88
All Pro

well let the games begin...
Old 03-01-2005   #13
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We didn't lose a pick or a player by taking a chance on Boselli. We were the only team in the expansion draft so it was just like signing a street FA who never played. If we gave up a pick or traded a player I'd agree.
Its FA time Vinny. Im only thinking about the money.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We aren't hampered by the money Bob McNair spent taking a shot at TB.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005   #15
TEXANS84

Carr is gonna have a serious paycheck this year.
Old 03-02-2005   #16
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
well let the games begin...
And the list is out:

Texans free agents

Pos. Player Age
QB Tony Banks 31
CB Jason Bell 26
LB Marcus Bell 27
WR Corey Bradford 29
DE Jerry Deloach 27
S Marlon McCree 27
Pos. Player Age
FB Moran Norris 26
NT Seth Payne 30
DL Corey Sears 31
DB Jason Simmons 28
OT Marcus Spears 33
CB Kenny Wright 27
Pos. Player Age
FB Jarrod Baxter* 25
G Milford Brown* 24
LB Troy Evans* 27
TE Matt Murphy* 25
RB Jonathan Wells* 25

* restricted

From the chronicle:
Quote:
"After the season, they told me that if I came back I would get more opportunities," Bradford said. "But I'm more of an action guy. You have to show me."

Although Bradford is likely to visit other teams, his dream scenario is helping to finish what he helped start as an original member of the Texans.

"I told my agent that I want the Texans to be our first option," he said. "I think I'll have a lot of options out there, but we have something good going on here, and I'd like to be a part of that. But I'm not nervous about going into free agency. I was the first time (in 2002), but I'm not nervous now."
Chronicle Article Link
Old 03-02-2005   #17
TEXANS84

Quote:
Dolphins coach Nick Saban plans to add one offensive lineman, and guard Mike Wahle, released by the Packers, would fit the bill nicely. Tackle Victor Riley of the Saints also is possible. Linebackers Sedrick Hodge of New Orleans or Donnie Spragan of Denver and safety Marlon McCree of Houston have upside and shouldn't cost much.
-- Palm Beach Post

From cnnsi.com. Looks like McCree may go to the Dolphins.
Old 03-02-2005   #18
SESupergenius

By not signing so many of our Free Agent players, the bluff is out, we are going to be VERY active in free agency.
Old 03-02-2005   #19
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
By not signing so many of our Free Agent players, the bluff is out, we are going to be VERY active in free agency.
I actually think you are right. This should put us around 15 million under the cap.
Old 03-02-2005   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius

If we are, we had better get busy. Seem to be moving kind of slow, just like other years.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read