Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-18-2010   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default West Lincoln/Mercury on fire

And guess who it's owned by....

[IMG]http://media.khou.com/images/470*262/dealershp00.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:
Houston firefighters battled a two-alarm fire Monday at the West Point Lincoln Mercury dealership in the 11600 block of the Katy Freeway.

The dealership's employees and customers were evacuated at about 2:50 p.m. when heavy smoke was seen inside the building, officials said.

Everyone was able to exit the building safely, Assistant Fire Chief Karen Dupont said.

Air 11 video showed thick black smoke pouring from the dealership as the fire consumed the used car showroom and parts warehouse.

There was no word on how the fire started.

The dealership is owned by Kenneth Stanley "Bud" Adams, Jr. who is the founder, owner and CEO of the Titans/Oilers franchise.
LINK
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: West Lincoln/Mercury on fire

To this day, I still flip off Southwest Lincoln Mercury every time I drive by.
Old 01-18-2010   #3
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

There goes the insurance money to pay off dad's "bird" fine to Goodell.
Old 01-18-2010   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Was Bud in the building!?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I live in that area and it's a freaking huge fire. You can see it from miles away.
Old 01-18-2010   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

He deserved it.

Sincerely,

Pat Robertson

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see Pud's new sales campaign.... "At West Lincoln / Mercury, our cars are smokin" -or- "We have smokin deals at West Lincoln / Mercury"
Old 01-18-2010   #8
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20
Default Bud Adams.

http://www.khou.com/news/Massive-Fir...-81988447.html

Quote:
Houston firefighters battled a two-alarm fire Monday at the West Point Lincoln Mercury dealership in the 11600 block of the Katy Freeway.

The dealership's employees and customers were evacuated at about 2:50 p.m. when heavy smoke was seen inside the building, officials said.

Everyone was able to exit the building safely, Assistant Fire Chief Karen Dupont said.
Air 11 video showed thick black smoke pouring from the dealership as the fire consumed the used car showroom and parts warehouse.
There was no word on how the fire started.

The dealership is owned by Kenneth Stanley "Bud" Adams, Jr. who is the founder, owner and CEO of the Titans/Oilers franchise.

Last edited by SteveSlaton20; 01-18-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: guess i was to late haha.
SteveSlaton20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #9
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams.

Serves the fat basterd right
Old 01-18-2010   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Karma, she's a *****.
Old 01-18-2010   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I didn't do it.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

That's unfortunate. I wonder how many people will be unemployed and for how long.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

The Bud went down to Houston, he was looking for a car to deal.
He was in a bind 'cos of his old behind: he was wantin' to make a mayor squeal.
When he came across this young kid buildin' up a team and playin' them hot.
And this bud jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:
"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a NFL owner too.
"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
"Now you have a pretty good team, boy, but give the Bud his due:
"I bet a trophy of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."
The boy said: "My name's Bob and it might be a sin,
"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

... come on, everyone sing along
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #14
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 843 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Bud Adams owned dealership burns.

Link

Quote:
2009 was a bad year for the football team owned by Bud Adams.

2010 is off to a less-than-ideal start for one of his other business.

NewsChannel5.com reports that a car dealership owned by Adams is engulfed in a "large 2-alarm fire."

Flames consumed much of the building housing West Point Lincoln Mercury on Monday afternoon.

Witnesses reportedly heard a "loud pop" at 3:00 p.m. local time, and the building was evacuated safely.
Who done it???
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143455 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Buck Fud

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #16
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

Rep!
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I didn't do it.
Bull ****e!!! Can you explain your whereabouts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post

Repped.
Old 01-20-2010   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't really have anything to do with Bud Adams. He owns the place of course but he's insured and is not one of the people who might lose a job because of this.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #19
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It is on a sad note that Bud Adams the owner of the Dealership was not right in the middle of the fire.
Old 01-21-2010   #20
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Very interesting, but not as interesting as me..... If I had known this was Bud Adams' business I would've drank gasoline just to piss on the fire. To think I was this close to buying a car from there. I hope Jerry Jones doesn't own Don McGill Toyota or I'm ramming this truck through the showroom.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read