Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-16-2010   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Justice is stiring the pot again

Richard Justice is at it again. His latest article is titled,"Cowboys still bigger in Texas". Justice loves to get Texans fans fired up for some reason. He takes great pleasure in it. Here is an excerpt from the article.

The Cowboys didn't just win more games than the Texans this season. They had more good players and better coaches.

Would you trade Bob McNair for Jerry Jones? Yes, you would. In a heartbeat.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6818671.html
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Justice is stiring the pot again

I wouldn't trade Bob McNair for Jerry Jones, but I wish McNair would be like Jones, as far as cutting and adding players are concerned and getting things done fast.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #3
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91406 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Would you trade Bob McNair for Jerry Jones? Yes, you would. In a heartbeat.

I would almost trade Richard Justice for a hemorrhoid and a bad case of VD...
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #4
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

By criticizing people/team or anything, you'll get more attention. It is much more difficult to get an attention by saying positive things. What do you expect? After all, he is a media guy. Unfortunately, he lacks creativity. So sad that only chronicle is available in Houston for local news.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #5
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I wouldn't trade Bob McNair for Jerry Jones, but I wish McNair would be like Jones, as far as cutting and adding players are concerned and getting things done fast.
There is no way I want Bob to be like Jerry Jones. He is a Way Better Owner and does not have to be always in the spotlight with the team. Bob is a patient man who has a good thing going and he know people will come and go but when he has the team on top Everyone and thier mother will be on the Wagon. You will even get the Closet Cowboy Fans Back.

Justice can Kiss My Ass adn I am going over there to tell his ass
Old 01-16-2010   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

The title should have been "Justice is smoking pot again".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #7
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't trade Jerry Jones for an enima.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
There is no way I want Bob to be like Jerry Jones. He is a Way Better Owner and does not have to be always in the spotlight with the team. Bob is a patient man who has a good thing going and he know people will come and go but when he has the team on top Everyone and thier mother will be on the Wagon. You will even get the Closet Cowboy Fans Back.

Justice can Kiss My Ass adn I am going over there to tell his ass
Well, whenever that happens...

I know Jerry, Kraft, etc., would have cut Kris Brown after the MNF game and had a new kicker in here (for all the other missed FGs Kris Brown had after that game). We've only seen progress this year, as far as record goes, and still no playoffs. Kubiak would have been fired if he had been under Jones or Kraft. But, we're the boy scout, good boy team, so none of that will ever happen.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
The title should have been "Justice is smoking pot again".
Or..... Juck Fustice!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't even give him the page hits he writes this crap for.

I haven't read that guy in about 6 months and I damn sure am not going to start now.
Old 01-16-2010   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Don't even give him the page hits he writes this crap for.

I haven't read that guy in about 6 months and I damn sure am not going to start now.
Same here. I never read his articles/blog, I just read the quotes of the shit he spews folks post on message boards. Juck Fustice!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #12
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I left Dick a comment

Dick,
You are the reason the Chronicle is failing, Your Journalism Smells and your Arrogance Reeks of Cowboy Fan. Because you sit there working on a Houston Paper and Spew this garbage like it was true you single handedly are ruining the Houston Sports Seen. Do you realize that no one wants to pick up a paper and look at the putrid stuff you smear all over the pages. We Tell you and Tell you but you still puke all over the sports page and laugh in our faces. Too bad they let you in the news room when you should be shoveling everybodies poop at the Dallas Morning News. Why Don't you just Move down to your little outhouse in Dallas and leave the sports writing in Houston to those that know what they are doing.
If you were on fire I would not spit on you to put you out. Good Day Sir.
Old 01-16-2010   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually not sure what he said wrong and I hate the guy. He wasn't acting like JJ was the end all, be all, he just said that while everyone was laughing that they loaded up with talent and are being successful. All truths.

Justice may be the worst of the worst and he certainly goes out of his way to stir the pot. I just think every once in awhile he hits a nerve because he is right 1% of the time. He pissed me off about TCU and then wrote an incredible article about them and Ft. Worth that was spot on. Stunned
Old 01-16-2010   #14
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I'm actually not sure what he said wrong and I hate the guy. He wasn't acting like JJ was the end all, be all, he just said that while evryone was laughing that they loaded up with talent and are being successful. All truths.
This is Houston, Take that crap to the Dallas morning News, That is some truths that I do not want to see in My Houston Paper
Old 01-16-2010   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

You are a sad, strange little man
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Jerry Jones has proven to be a better owner than McNair. How can anyone argue that? It took him a while to find a QB (and some would say he is still looking for one) but the guy has presided over 3 championships and has done everything to help his team win.

His worst move was trading for Galloway. That was a horrible move, and no one should let him off the hook for that, but what else has he done that has been so bad. You could argue that he ran Jimmy Johnson out of town, but I think Jimmy was done anyway as Cowboys head coach. He wanted a new challenge with more power. He got that wish and failed at Miami.

McNair has given Carr maximum extension and wanted to draft a QB to begin with. Horrible move to go with a rookie QB #1 overall in your first draft. Just ignorant. Hired Casserley to run his football operations. He has also made little to no extra effort to improve his team to be championship caliber. Signing Antonio Smith, Weaver, and Greenwood aren't championship moves.

and for all the haters on Jerry, guess where most of his players came from? Yup, the draft. And guess who is in charge of the draft in Big D? Jerry is. So maybe he aint so bad after all. Some of you act like you know more than Jerry does about football...that is laughable. Jerry is actually one of the longest tenured GMs in all football if not the longest tenured.

I Am not saying McNair sucks, but Justice is just calling a spade a spade. McNair has had opportunities to greatly improve the team, and he has not done it. Haynesworth, Michael Turner, and Kris Jenkins have all been available at positions of need and we dont even make a run at them. We decide to roll with what we got. That sure has worked out well for us, huh?

at the end of the day, Jerry has 3 trophies, runs the most valuable sports franchise in America, and we are a losing football franchise who have some fans that act like 9-7 is some validation of McNair's plan while in the same breath criticize the Cowboys for not winning playoff games. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. expansion team or not, there is no argument that McNair is a better owner. it just doesn't hold water.

I love my Texans but the Texans aren't in the same class as the Cowboys...yet. Maybe we should focus more on our real rivals, Justice. Like the Titans. ThIs make believe fairy tale Texans-Cowboys rivalry is a total joke...its not a rivalry. It's an inferiority complex by many of the Texans fans..not a rivalry.
Old 01-16-2010   #17
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Well, whenever that happens...

I know Jerry, Kraft, etc., would have cut Kris Brown after the MNF game and had a new kicker in here (for all the other missed FGs Kris Brown had after that game). We've only seen progress this year, as far as record goes, and still no playoffs. Kubiak would have been fired if he had been under Jones or Kraft. But, we're the boy scout, good boy team, so none of that will ever happen.
I disagree, Jones has stuck with Phillips when most owners would've fired him after the butt whooping the Eagles gave them last year. So what makes you think he would've gone off an fired Kubiak when all he has done is never take a step backwards and handed the team its first winning season? Do I think Kris Brown should've been cut? In hindsight, ya probably, but hopefully that gets addressed in the offseason and the team brings in some legit competion.
Old 01-16-2010   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
And guess who is in charge of the draft in Big D? Jerry is.
Jerry was not in charge of the draft when JJ was there nor when Parcells was there and much of the talent on the team is from the Parcells era.
Old 01-16-2010   #19
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jerry Jones has proven to be a better owner than McNair. How can anyone argue that? It took him a while to find a QB (and some would say he is still looking for one) but the guy has presided over 3 championships and has done everything to help his team win.

His worst move was trading for Galloway. That was a horrible move, and no one should let him off the hook for that, but what else has he done that has been so bad. You could argue that he ran Jimmy Johnson out of town, but I think Jimmy was done anyway as Cowboys head coach. He wanted a new challenge with more power. He got that wish and failed at Miami.

McNair has given Carr maximum extension and wanted to draft a QB to begin with. Horrible move to go with a rookie QB #1 overall in your first draft. Just ignorant. Hired Casserley to run his football operations. He has also made little to no extra effort to improve his team to be championship caliber. Signing Antonio Smith, Weaver, and Greenwood aren't championship moves.

and for all the haters on Jerry, guess where most of his players came from? Yup, the draft. And guess who is in charge of the draft in Big D? Jerry is. So maybe he aint so bad after all. Some of you act like you know more than Jerry does about football...that is laughable. Jerry is actually one of the longest tenured GMs in all football if not the longest tenured.

I Am not saying McNair sucks, but Justice is just calling a spade a spade. McNair has had opportunities to greatly improve the team, and he has not done it. Haynesworth, Michael Turner, and Kris Jenkins have all been available at positions of need and we dont even make a run at them. We decide to roll with what we got. That sure has worked out well for us, huh?

at the end of the day, Jerry has 3 trophies, runs the most valuable sports franchise in America, and we are a losing football franchise who have some fans that act like 9-7 is some validation of McNair's plan while in the same breath criticize the Cowboys for not winning playoff games. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. expansion team or not, there is no argument that McNair is a better owner. it just doesn't hold water.

I love my Texans but the Texans aren't in the same class as the Cowboys...yet. Maybe we should focus more on our real rivals, Justice. Like the Titans. ThIs make believe fairy tale Texans-Cowboys rivalry is a total joke...its not a rivalry. It's an inferiority complex by many of the Texans fans..not a rivalry.
As a Cowboys fan since I was a wee lad and a current Texans season-ticket holder I agree with you. There has to be a mutual hatred for there to be a rivalry. Dallas fans are far more concerned about beating the Egirls, Gnats, and Foreskins than the Texans...who play Dallas for real twice a decade. And for those that don't want to read what RJ says, skip right on past it or don't buy the Chronic.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #20
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jerry is the owner, he is that tenured as a GM because his ego is to big to fire himself.

He deserves credit for hiring a couple of coaches that reinvigorated that franchise, Jimmy and Bill. More then likely Jerry was drafting during the Switzer (1 SB win here, but can be argued that a marshmallow could have won a SB with the talent Jimmy left behind), Campo and Gailey era's of Cowboy greatness.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read