Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2010   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default QB coach

Kubiac can handle this but I want him focused more on the team. What about hiring Major Applewhite? He did have a good career with UT and could be a great influence on Orslovky. Muschamp is Longhorn heir apparent & I think Applewhite coming to Texans would be good for all.
Old 01-13-2010   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QB coach

I wonder if promoting someone from within is something they might be interested in. Offensive Assistant, Matt LaFleur, was a college QB, coached QB's at Ashland and Northern Michigan (in addition to running the offense), and assisted Shanahan with the QB's last season.

He seems like the likely candidate to promote from within, if they feel he's ready.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Kubiac can handle this but I want him focused more on the team. What about hiring Major Applewhite? He did have a good career with UT and could be a great influence on Orslovky. Muschamp is Longhorn heir apparent & I think Applewhite coming to Texans would be good for all.
I believe Tennessee Vols are going to make a run at him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Musgrave seems like a logical candidate after working with Schaub in Atl, but I don't know his contract situation.

Don't know about LaFleur, but seems like a good answer just to go ahead and promote within if you're satisfied with the staff situation.

I was wondering who Tennessee would go after. Muchamp would be a good candidate but, I think he'll be difficult to pry away from Texas. He's in line for one of the best coaching Gigs in the nation and benefits from Brown's exceptional recruiting classes.

I wonder what the chances would be they try and rehire Fulmer.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Musgrave seems like a logical candidate after working with Schaub in Atl, but I don't know his contract situation.

Don't know about LaFleur, but seems like a good answer just to go ahead and promote within if you're satisfied with the staff situation.

I was wondering who Tennessee would go after. Muchamp would be a good candidate but, I think he'll be difficult to pry away from Texas. He's in line for one of the best coaching Gigs in the nation and benefits from Brown's exceptional recruiting classes.

I wonder what the chances would be they try and rehire Fulmer.
I agree and appreciate the info on LaFleur from other poster. I think Applewhite will be a great coach and although Musgrave has been identified as Brown's replacement, I don't see him retiring soon. Musgrave may eventually decide to go elswhere but he gets a cool million now at a great school. Why leave. Major is young and I could see him getting NFL experience while waiting for a promotion at Texas or another NFL team. I had Musgrave as Texans OC and think QB coach not on his horizon.
Old 01-13-2010   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Badoboy, I agree that we should look for QB coach which allows Kubiak to focus on HC duties.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, so much for that theory:

Quote:
Texans offensive assistant Matt LaFleur is interviewing for a job with the Washington Redskins.

LaFleur spent his two seasons with the Texans assisting with the receivers in 2008 and the quarterbacks in 2009.

LaFleur, 29, worked closely with former offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, who resigned to accept the same position with his father, new Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.

The Texans replaced Shanahan this week with Denver offensive line coach Rick Dennison, who'll be the offensive coordinator and call the plays.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2010   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Well, so much for that theory:
yep .. linky
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010   #9
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the offensive coordinator hire which is from within.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read