Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default New faces in AFC South?

I was going through some rumors in ESPN's NFL Insider and noticed that the Jags and Titans have come up in a few interesting scenarios.

Three main players they are both in play for as of now are

Aaron Kampman
Adalius Thomas
Joshua Cribbs

Who else would you hate to see in our division? Vanden B and AK would be a scary combo IMO.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: New faces in AFC South?

Not sure why we wouldn't be going after Cribbs and Kampman. Kampman and Mario with some Barwin thrown in as he gains experience sounds pretty fun to me.

Cribbs in Marciano's system .... 'nuff said.
Old 01-12-2010   #3
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Seymour is supposed to be open to signing with 31 teams, all but the Pats.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like Seymore. Cribbs too.
Old 01-12-2010   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans need to be more aggresive and go after some of these players.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Thomas and Cribbs are both under contract.
Old 01-12-2010   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Texans need to be more aggresive and go after some of these players.
I wouldn't be suprised if we made a splash this off season.
Old 01-12-2010   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
I was going through some rumors in ESPN's NFL Insider and noticed that the Jags and Titans have come up in a few interesting scenarios.

Aaron Kampman
Adalius Thomas
Joshua Cribbs

Who else would you hate to see in our division? Vanden B and AK would be a scary combo IMO.
We don't want Cribbs in our division. Kampman is coming off injury/surgery and Thomas has been in Belicheat's doghouse for some time. Cribbs has the type of game that'll rip your team's heart out at the worst times. He is a huge field position X factor. A team like the Jaguars could really benefit from that guy.

With the new rules for the long predicted salary cap free 2010, I hope Rick Smith is learning how to get over on the system, because its gonna be really really aggressive with some of the RFA tenders. Why not? You probably won't be paying for 2011 anyway due to probable work stoppage. Just load as much of your salary cap as possible towards 2010 and 2011. Makes sense to me.
Old 01-12-2010   #9
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

KVB will probably not be a Titan next season.

I could see us push for Cribbs though.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

Just curious, what makes you think KVB will be out of Tenn next year? I would like to see him in Houston, that's for sure.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

He looked human without Fat Al getting triple teamed.
Old 01-13-2010   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Aaron Kampman
Adalius Thomas
Joshua Cribbs

Kampman's really the only realistic possibility of hitting the FA market, but he's coming off an ACL tear. I don't think we'll go after him but I don't want to him him in the division either way.

Only way Cribbs and Thomas are available is via a trade. I think once a GM is in place I'd expect Cribbs contract situation to clear up far as a raise and extension go. He's still under contract, though I think it's in Brown's best interest to send a message to players that they take care of their own.

Thomas has been in the doghouse in NE. I wouldn't be surprised to see them unload him for the right offer. I'm not sure he'd be a good fit for a 4-3 defense though.

Thomas situation isn't the biggest concern in NE though. It's going to be retaining Wilfork and I think NE will be looking for some veteran players to add this off-season.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #13
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't see how we need another high dollar DE. We've got Antonio Smith. Barwin was a 2nd round pick. If he gets better, Smith can shift to DT. So we have enough DEs that we are already shifting one to another position. Do you really want another? Then what, play Smith at DT full time and bench Barwin?
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Only way Cribbs and Thomas are available is via a trade. I think once a GM is in place I'd expect Cribbs contract situation to clear up far as a raise and extension go. He's still under contract, though I think it's in Brown's best interest to send a message to players that they take care of their own.
Holmgren has already said that he's planning on renegotiating Cribbs' contract.

I don't see Cribbs leaving Cleveland.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seymour is supposed to be open to signing with 31 teams, all but the Pats.
30 including da raida's
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010   #16
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Just curious, what makes you think KVB will be out of Tenn next year? I would like to see him in Houston, that's for sure.
We have a lot of guys on FA. Big names. I just don't see him coming back. We have depth at the position and his cost will be to high IMO. I also think he is over rated. BigBull mentioned it ... without a big guy to break the middle of the line he is not that effective. KVBs entire game is out rushing the O-linemen and getting around him. Usually he ends up a few yards past the pocket. If the middle collapses and the QB takes a few steps back to get more time he is right there to gobble them up. A good line makes him pointless.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read