Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-10-2010   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Officiating-- When is a rule...

not a rule? When it is the Mandy Braning rule. I watched the Cards/Packers game(what a great game) and have decided that NFL Officials have had just as bad a year as KB. We all know about the preferential treatment that Manning and especially Brady get and the calls they get. We have also seen that Schaub does not get the same calls. What stood out to me was the final series of the game. On one play the defender (not sure who) clearly hits Rodgers helmet to helmet. On the last play of the game, the defender (James?) clearly hits Rodgers in the face with his hand ( the replay shows his fingers wrapped around the facemask). No call on either play. Was the referee afraid to make the call? Or was the referee (whose primary job is to watch the QB) not doing his job?

I really did not have an interest in the outcome of the game, just wanted to watch a good game. And I got that. But, after thinking about the ending for a while, I started to think about all the BS officiating we have seen this year. It is almost as bad as the college game.

Anyone have the mailing address of the head of officals and the commish?

done
Old 01-10-2010   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Officiating-- When is a rule...

They absolutely should have called the helmet to helmet. It was blatant.

On the hands to the face/facemask IMO it would have been offsetting if properly called anyway because there was a blatant hold that didn't get called.
Old 01-10-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
They absolutely should have called the helmet to helmet. It was blatant.

On the hands to the face/facemask IMO it would have been offsetting if properly called anyway because there was a blatant hold that didn't get called.
Yeah, I understand that... I am more concerned about the inconsistancy of the calls. You know if that was Brady or Manning or maybe Farve; those would of been called.

But a lesser known QB is not watched as carefully?
Old 01-10-2010   #4
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Seemed appropriate (sp?): Bang Cartoon
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Yeah, I understand that... I am more concerned about the inconsistancy of the calls. You know if that was Brady or Manning or maybe Farve; those would of been called.

But a lesser known QB is not watched as carefully?
I agree with you. There are double standards or preferences on officiating in the NFL.

disclaimer - of course officiating has NEVER affected the Texans (just so I don't get some whiner comment from anyone).
Old 01-10-2010   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Seemed appropriate (sp?): Bang Cartoon
*farts*
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read