Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-10-2010   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Larry Fitzgerald

Is it just me, or does he get away with alot of offensive pass interferences? I remember he got away with one for a TD against the Texans. And I counted another two tonight against the Packers. One was questionable, but he barreled over Woodson on one of his TDs.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Larry Fitzgerald

Yep. There's a different set of rules for guys like Fitz and AJ. The get away with all kinds of things that other guys would get flagged for.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #3
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

That catch tonight was ridiculous. Might as well have picked up Woodson and bodyslammed him. Completely unfair.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Is it just me, or does he get away with alot of offensive pass interferences? I remember he got away with one for a TD against the Texans. And I counted another two tonight against the Packers. One was questionable, but he barreled over Woodson on one of his TDs.
Yeah, I saw that you are referring to. He probably does get away with a little more than most guys do. I'm not sure if that was a pass interference though on that play because it was way before the ball was ever thrown and it sort of looked like a collision from both. He's a very physical WR though, that's for sure.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Yep. There's a different set of rules for WRs. The get away with all kinds of things that other guys would get flagged for.
Fixed it. As far as the NFL is concerned, pass interference is only pass interference if it's a defensive player doing it.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I am not saying Larry does not get some favored calls to go his way he sure does but the reasons Green Bay lost is due to turnovers and piss poor D. Oh, and a first half of not scoring much as well.
Old 01-10-2010   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

GB got screwed! End of story!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2010   #8
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. There's a different set of rules for guys like Fitz and AJ. The get away with all kinds of things that other guys would get flagged for.
Maybe I watch Texans games with my bias-goggles on, but I don't see AJ really get away with alot of interference. I've only watched two games this season with Fitz... in both games, he made two pretty obvious offensive PI's to get open in the end zone. Just wondering if it was just me that notices it.

Fitz doesn't have great speed, so I'm wondering if he has to resort to these tactics every so often to get himself open.
Old 01-11-2010   #9
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
GB got screwed! End of story!!
I think AZ deserved to win, I believe they played a slightly better game. But I'm just glad I'm not a Packer fan, or else I'd be pissed for weeks! Refs missed a big call on that last series. I believe it was Bertrand Berry that made head-head contact on a hit with Aaron Rogers. Things could have turned out totally different if the refs caught that one.
Old 01-11-2010   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I think AZ deserved to win, I believe they played a slightly better game. But I'm just glad I'm not a Packer fan, or else I'd be pissed for weeks! Refs missed a big call on that last series. I believe it was Bertrand Berry that made head-head contact on a hit with Aaron Rogers. Things could have turned out totally different if the refs caught that one.
As much as the NFL claims to want to protect QBs, I'm surprised as well that head-to-head hit wasn't called. I guess it only gets called for certain QBs.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Larry Fitzgerald = Michael Irvin.
Old 01-11-2010   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

The head to head was as clear as the sky is blue.
Old 01-11-2010   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The head to head was as clear as the sky is blue.

Yeah, the hit to the head, and he was grabbing the facemask as well.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

I saw that and it's up to the refs not to show they do not have favorites one way or the other and make the correct call. That is not Larry's fault at all since he knows the refs are in his inner circle if you know what I mean he is only in it to win it they all are. I wish they'd all go up to the ref and play fair but I might as well just keep sleeping all the way through that pipe dream because that just is not going to happen at all.
Old 01-11-2010   #15
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't think of one play that was even close to offensive pass interference on AJ this year.
Old 01-11-2010   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Woodson tried to block Larry's route and he got ran over..completely legal. This aint' basketball where if your feet are set, its a charge. Larry knew this so he made sure to not get pulled down or tripped up by Woodson's bad positioning...so he pushed him so he could continue his route unabated. That was on Woodson. The facemask was definitely a dubious no-call but hey its Overtime. You aren't gonna get that call and its clear to anyone that Rodgers held onto the ball way too long in that situation.

GB got what they deserved. A one way ticket home. It is what they deserve for how they treated Favre. Favre and Reggie White turned that franchise into what it is today...and yeah Favre is a diva, but you know what? he can be a diva. He is Favre.

Rodgers is a helluva QB but to throw Favre to the curb was a move that doesn't look to be too popular with the football gods. Favre's last season in GB, he got them one bad pick away from the Super Bowl. Rodgers has missed the playoffs and then lost in Wild Card round in his attempt to follow Favre. Green Bay got what they sowed.

I am a Favre fan, so I am definitely biased. No bones about it. I just feel GB doesn't deserve to win squat, especially Thompson their GM, with the way they handled Favre's exit. I was really happy when Favre stuck it to them this year and if not for a pillowy soft schedule, the Packers don't even make the playoffs. You just don't that to your talisman. Look at what we did to Earl Campbell. We shipped him off to New Orleans for a 6pack of Budweiser...and we actually expected that to go well? The Oilers/Titans have been cursed ever since and I am not sure that that same curse doesn't haunt the Texans to this day. Yeah, part of the curse went to Redneckville Tennesseee, but after watching Brown kick this year and all of the big comebacks teams make against us...we still might have some remnants of the curse here with our Texans.

Rodgers can't even hold Favre's jockstrap, much less replace him. Favre wins and to this point, Rodgers has done jack squat for the Packers.
Old 01-11-2010   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Brett is a vet Rogers will come into his own in the NFL for sure. Both sides should have acted better period. Another Farve debate? Oy, oy.

Last edited by gary; 01-11-2010 at 09:00 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #18
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Woodson tried to block Larry's route and he got ran over..completely legal. This aint' basketball where if your feet are set, its a charge. Larry knew this so he made sure to not get pulled down or tripped up by Woodson's bad positioning...so he pushed him so he could continue his route unabated. That was on Woodson.
In the Patriots vs Ravens game, there was a play where the DB was kind of just standing there and Moss was just running his route, but ended up running into the DB and knocked him down. They called offensive PI on Moss. The announcer said, "The DB established his position and had a right to be there. The receiver can't just run him over. It's alot like a charge in basketball." I don't know the exact rule myself, but that's what the TV announcer said and that was the call ruled on the field.
Old 01-11-2010   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Woodson tried to block Larry's route and he got ran over..completely legal. This aint' basketball where if your feet are set, its a charge. Larry knew this so he made sure to not get pulled down or tripped up by Woodson's bad positioning...so he pushed him so he could continue his route unabated. That was on Woodson. The facemask was definitely a dubious no-call but hey its Overtime. You aren't gonna get that call and its clear to anyone that Rodgers held onto the ball way too long in that situation.

GB got what they deserved. A one way ticket home. It is what they deserve for how they treated Favre. Favre and Reggie White turned that franchise into what it is today...and yeah Favre is a diva, but you know what? he can be a diva. He is Favre.

Rodgers is a helluva QB but to throw Favre to the curb was a move that doesn't look to be too popular with the football gods. Favre's last season in GB, he got them one bad pick away from the Super Bowl. Rodgers has missed the playoffs and then lost in Wild Card round in his attempt to follow Favre. Green Bay got what they sowed.

I am a Favre fan, so I am definitely biased. No bones about it. I just feel GB doesn't deserve to win squat, especially Thompson their GM, with the way they handled Favre's exit. I was really happy when Favre stuck it to them this year and if not for a pillowy soft schedule, the Packers don't even make the playoffs. You just don't that to your talisman. Look at what we did to Earl Campbell. We shipped him off to New Orleans for a 6pack of Budweiser...and we actually expected that to go well? The Oilers/Titans have been cursed ever since and I am not sure that that same curse doesn't haunt the Texans to this day. Yeah, part of the curse went to Redneckville Tennesseee, but after watching Brown kick this year and all of the big comebacks teams make against us...we still might have some remnants of the curse here with our Texans.

Rodgers can't even hold Favre's jockstrap, much less replace him. Favre wins and to this point, Rodgers has done jack squat for the Packers.
SH, we usually agree on most things 100%....alot of things... but to put any of the Packers woes on Rodgers is assinine. The guy tore up the NFL this year and played a heck of a game yesterday. I have no problem with how Favre was treated. You can't leave franchises hanging, no matter who you are. When you say you are retiring 3 years straight and come back it gives the team no time to plan the future. At some point you have to be able to set the next step. He didn't allow it. It is fine if you think Favre deserves something but to somehow put this on Rodgers when he has been outstanding is just wrong. That was his first playoff game and was 28-42 422 yards and 4 TD's and 1 pick and he has put up these numbers all year with no o-line. I mean the last time Favre played Warner in the playoffs he had 6 ints. Favre had trouble to start himself when he got going. The kid is good. This is working out for all involved. I don't want a Favre debate....just Rodgers is damn good

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 01-11-2010 at 10:02 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
SH, we usually agree on most things 100%....alot of things... but to put any of the Packers woes on Rodgers is assinine. The guy tore up the NFL this year and played a heck of a game yesterday. I have no problem with how Favre was treated. You can't leave franchises hanging, no matter who you are. When you say you are retiring 3 years straight and come back it gives the team no time to plan the future. At some point you have to be able to set the next step. He didn't allow it. It is fine if you think Favre deserves something but to somehow put this on Rodgers when he has been outstanding is just wrong. That was his first playoff game and was 28-42 422 yards and 4 TD's and 1 pick and he has put up these numbers all year with no o-line. I mean the last time Favre played Warner in the playoffs he had 6 ints. Favre had trouble to start himself when he got going. The kid is good. This is working out for all involved. I don't want a Favre debate....just Rodgers is damn good
Rodgers played good if not great, but there should be no universe where Favre is not playing for the Packers. Him having to play for the Vikes is just offputting to me and it didn't need to be this way.

Rodgers wasn't the reason they lost and I said Rodgers is a helluva QB. He has also handled himself pretty well amongst the drama. I just think Favre should have been brought back even with all the diva-isms and un-retirings.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read