Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2010   #1
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default suprise!! A denver Assisstant being interviewed..

Well its no shocker here. It seems we are in talks with the Denver OC. Im sure the talks are just a formality. He probably was the OC in waiting behind shanahan.

Not saying I dont want him here, I just think there are better OC's out there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4813403
Old 01-10-2010   #2
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: suprise!! A denver Assisstant being interviewed..

i heard that guy was kubs best friend also, shefter said expect him here monday
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually it's no surprise really that he's going to be interviewed and likely the next OC here. At least in name, because I doubt Kubiak lets go of the reins of play calling.

What is a bit of a surprise is that Kubiak managed to get the interview first instead of Shannahan. If he does get the job I wonder what the chances are that Gibbs goes to D.C.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't know they're best friends. I guess that's kinda cool if they wind up coaching together

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have a problem with it.

If Kubiak's gonna run his system, he may as well get his own guys to run it.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dennison will be a good hire.

He understands Kubes system and is a ZBS OL coach.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #7
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5772 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Frank View Post
i heard that guy was kubs best friend also, shefter said expect him here monday
Exactly...he'll be the OC Monday. Now I wonder what kind of relationship he has with Marshall. I'm not saying I would give up a first rounder for him becuase WR is not a weekness/need, but how rediculous would it be to have AJ and Marshall for a defense to try and cover.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Well its no shocker here. It seems we are in talks with the Denver OC. Im sure the talks are just a formality. He probably was the OC in waiting behind shanahan.

What other OCs are you thinking about? I think Rick Dennison is exactly who we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Exactly...he'll be the OC Monday. Now I wonder what kind of relationship he has with Marshall. I'm not saying I would give up a first rounder for him becuase WR is not a weekness/need, but how rediculous would it be to have AJ and Marshall for a defense to try and cover.
That would be awesome if he could help bring us Marshall. I would not give up a 1st round pick, but would a second (say, next year's second and Andre Davis?).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I don't want Marshall yes, he is outstanding but does not know how to deal his problems and he's a headcase him and AJ might cause both lockeroom and coverage problems.
Old 01-10-2010   #10
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Marshall way before TO. Its seems like there is a ton of people on here that would want TO, how would Marshall possibly be worse?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I do not want TO either.
Old 01-10-2010   #12
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5006 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

That would be awesome if he could help bring us Marshall. I would not give up a 1st round pick, but would a second (say, next year's second and Andre Davis?).
Marshall is worth more than a second rounder. I'm pretty sure we would have to give up 1st rounder.
Old 01-10-2010   #13
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Dennison also went to Colorado State... He's has both the required pedigrees!
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #14
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Marshall is worth more than a second rounder. I'm pretty sure we would have to give up 1st rounder.
Don't forget that Denver HAS to get rid of him. They are not in a very strong position for this deal. It also hurts them that Marshall is considered a "head case" so not as many teams will be interested. There might not be many better deals out there then Davis and a 2nd..then again maybe there is.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post

He's not the Denver OC, he's their O-Line coach. Who else do you think is better out there that knows the offense and won't install a totally different system?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
Dennison also went to Colorado State... He's has both the required pedigrees!
He's almost overqualified.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully it works out similar to the last assistant Kubiak wanted to hire but wasn't able to until a later date (Bush). Looking at his resume 2008 was very impressive.

"Featuring two tackles in their first-year as starters, Dennison's offensive line was one of the league's most productive units in 2008. Denver's 12 sacks allowed were a franchise record and tied for the NFL lead, and its 6,333 yards of offense ranked second in club history for a single season as well as in the league for the year. Despite being forced to place seven running backs on injured reserve, Dennison's group of linemen also helped the club rank third in the league in yards per rush (4.8)."

He was my 2nd choice behind Munchak when the list came out and hes probably a better fit. I won't be terribly disappointed if elder Gibbs decides to hang em up or depart to Washington now.
Old 01-10-2010   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Marshall if he passed the requisite interviews with all the Texans staff and they determined he wasn't the monster he looks like. I don't know if that would actually happen though because he just might be all the trouble he appears to be.

I hope the Broncos let go of Peyton Hillis.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
A second and fourth and Davis then .

Denver has to get rid of Marshall anyway. I'm sure there is some team that would give up their first rounder though. I wouldn't, and that's because of Marshall's attitude. Still wouldn't mind him (or Terrell Owens) on the Texans (at the right price).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #20
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
He's not the Denver OC, he's their O-Line coach. Who else do you think is better out there that knows the offense and won't install a totally different system?

He was Kubes replacement at OC when Kubes left in '06. Then he was demoted back to Oline coach when McD came in becUase McD wanted to install his own system but retain the ZBS.

He is the best option for this team. If anyone says otherwise then they don't know what this team needs at the position.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read