Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010   #41
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All-Encompassing 2010 Ticket Price Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
sec 651 and a yellow lot pass the same as last year. why wouldn't you guys renew? you seen the home schedule? season tix are a luxury not an expense. to complain about your tix going up is dumb when you can watch it at home.

Tis all...
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010   #42
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
sec 651 and a yellow lot pass the same as last year. why wouldn't you guys renew? you seen the home schedule? season tix are a luxury not an expense. to complain about your tix going up is dumb when you can watch it at home.
Great post!! rep!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010   #43
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
Thanks!
plat parking pass is your if interested.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #44
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
plat parking pass is your if interested.
Awesome, just PM'ed you.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #45
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
Awesome, just PM'ed you.
sent you a PM
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #46
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: All-Encompassing 2010 Ticket Price Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
If there is one thing to learn from Enron other than corruption is arrogance. Waiting list today doesn't mean that sell outs are a given. It would be nice, not to be taken for granted.
If you were the business, would you not increase them x% every year until you started having problems selling out? As long as they sell out, the have not out priced the demand yet.

(not saying I am happy about the annual increase, but I would be a fool not to expect it).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #47
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I can tell you for a fact that the Texans lowering ticket prices in Gridiron pissed me off!! I've been a loyal season ticket holder for 8 freaking years and I'll probably have to sell 3 of my tickets this year because I can't afford them. I haven't missed one home game either,PLUS, I've tolerated the heat in the NEZ! Screw this crap, I just might sell them all!!! If they wanted to lower prices anywhere in the damn stadium it should have been the entire NEZ!!
What about the NEZ folks in Gridiron, TX?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2010   #48
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

547 and mine when up $30yr. a seat.. so that's only $60 additional for me this upcoming year... I just decided that I will have 1 beer a game instead of two.. no big deal to me. They will be $8 each anyways...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #49
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayad View Post
I've got 4 psl's and it comes down to supply and demand guys. 80 consecutive sell outs. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. The Texans have a waiting list to buy tickets. So you threatening not to renew, no biggie to them, someone is in line to buy your seats. I wish I had a business like that.
Plus there's the fact that if someone chooses not to renew the team gets to sell a new PSL. You don't get that refunded if you don't renew. I don't think that's their thinking, but it does give them some extra revenue.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #50
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think for some it's the amount it goes up. At least that's how I feel. Mine went up 11%. I realize it's a luxury, but most jobs don't give an 11% pay increase each year. It's tough when you start pricing people out of your product. There is a waiting list a mile long, but many of those went on it before the economic climate changed. Many people on the list wouldn't be able to afford the tickets and would have to pass up the opportunity.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010   #51
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

There might be a "mile long" waiting list, but when the call comes and they are given the options, I am sure these days they say thanks but no thanks... being on a waiting list and then actually buying are 2 different things... Shoot, had a friend last year wait til the final moment to decide if he wanted them, missed the cut off dates, yet they still sent him 2 and 3rd notice papers and he did decide to keep them, so the waiting list to me is no more than that..
Sooner or later, prices will have to come in line, until then, just decide what your cutoff point is... doesn't matter if prices increase people, you can buy them or not. For you PSL folks, sorry to say, you are in the tough position. You have to or lose out on the $$ you paid up front, and that is why I would never buy them. I've had my seat and will have my seat until I decide not to pay for them anymore...A PSL gets you just that, a PSL, that and a cup of coffee gets you the same thing as me.. well, you get the coffee. But I do feel for you all, you have to renew or you lose out, that simple.
I'll deal with the increases until it's time to move on, and it's no big deal if that day comes. It is a game, and well, that is it...I can put that money elsewhere, and have as much fun, or buy the tickets...simple thing actually.
Anyways, I hope you can all afford to renew, as it would stink if the day comes you do not and then you cannot be there when the team finally breaks through the barrier.
Have a great Friday everyone and a great weekend !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read