Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010   #21
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All-Encompassing 2010 Ticket Price Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
You do realize that as far as ticket prices go we ranked in the middle of the NFL as far as where our average ticket price is, don't you? Also coming off the 1st winning NFL season in like 16 years, you had to know the Texans were going to raise prices, didn't you?

I'm not attacking you, but your calling out the man (McNair) who paid $700 million to bring back football to this city and if my tickets go up a couple of bucks to keep pursuing a championship on the field, then so be it.

In my opinon the Texans were a couple of plays away of being this years Jets. This team is on the right path and I can't wait for next season to start!!
Most of us knew this was coming, but the Texans are still a middle-of the-pack team (record-wise), so why SHOULDN'T the ticket prices be there as well?

Funny quote from the link...
Quote:
The top three NFL teams in average ticket price came in at $105.16 per ticket in 2009. The Texans ranked 17th in overall average ticket price in 2009, and in 2010 the new average season ticket price of $71.86 is still significantly lower than the top three NFL teams and should be below the overall league average
Well, Cost-of-Living is lower in this region and the Texans aren't near a top three team yet, so why should we pat them on the back for not charging us like a top-3 team?
Old 01-19-2010   #22
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Most of us knew this was coming, but the Texans are still a middle-of the-pack team (record-wise), so why SHOULDN'T the ticket prices be there as well?
Because after its all said and done and the rest of the NFL teams raise their ticket prices next season, the Texans prices will be in the middle of the pack again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Funny quote from the link...Well, Cost-of-Living is lower in this region and the Texans aren't near a top three team yet, so why should we pat them on the back for not charging us like a top-3 team?
Because the cowgirls who are in this lower region is one of the top 3 teams as far as ticket prices and the last time I looked, their not a top 3 team as well!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #23
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post

Where is Gridiron, TX?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #24
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Where is Gridiron, TX?
http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone...2007-08-04.asp
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #25
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post

Thanks. I assume that is Section 600ish. If so, then is it ok to assume that the prices will be cut for the entire section?
Old 01-19-2010   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Where is Gridiron, TX?
I can tell you for a fact that the Texans lowering ticket prices in Gridiron pissed me off!! I've been a loyal season ticket holder for 8 freaking years and I'll probably have to sell 3 of my tickets this year because I can't afford them. I haven't missed one home game either,PLUS, I've tolerated the heat in the NEZ! Screw this crap, I just might sell them all!!! If they wanted to lower prices anywhere in the damn stadium it should have been the entire NEZ!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #27
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I can tell you for a fact that the Texans lowering ticket prices in Gridiron pissed me off!! I've been a loyal season ticket holder for 8 freaking years and I'll probably have to sell 3 of my tickets this year because I can't afford them. I haven't missed one home game either,PLUS, I've tolerated the heat in the NEZ! Screw this crap, I just might sell them all!!! If they wanted to lower prices anywhere in the damn stadium it should have been the entire NEZ!!

I would have appreciated a refund after they decided to have that bake sale during the Pittsburgh game a few years ago.
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2010   #28
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Breathe Gma....breathe....We need you here in 2010. The Lord will make the money fall where it should...well that is my prayer......

I do agree...the lower levels should not always be punished when they start to raise the prices.

FYI, I know that Derek and family wanted to pick up an extra BP seat.

I am gonna hold off on my complaints until my invoice arrives.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #29
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
No complaints here...just less time being spent wasting money at the Galleria.

For those complaining about the price and want to sell their platinum pass for 2010, I'll take it off your hands.

I'll keep you in mind, one might be availiable righ in the middle of the Blue Crew.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Should the Texans really burden their loyal fan base in these times of economic hardship? Should there be those held hostage by their loyalties, to actually being forced to make choices between true necessities and their love and loyalties to the team?

I don't believe that McNair would be dying if, under the circumstances, he would let a year or two go by without a raise in ticket prices in return for all those years of painful and pitiful team performances (with maybe the exception of this past season....even that was painful at times). I wouldn't worry too much about McNair's investment......it is apparently close to being recouped.........See the TEAM'S VALUTATION (soon to be revised upward in Sept 2010)...........and add to it the $300 million dollar naming rights.

As a side note of possible interest to some. It would seem that MAKING THE PLAYOFFS IS MANY TIMES ACTUALLY A MONEY LOSER.

Mr. McNair, I believe that maybe you might have given a bit more thought before you made this decision final............and this is just MHO.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The cost of business goes up about 2/3% a year meanwile McNair raises ticket prices 7% a year. It's not a bad gig if you can get it.

What do the fans get for going back to the well year after year. 8-8,8-8,9-7 and these were the good years. As C-N-D stated there is no financial incentive to get to the playoffs. I believe that during McNairs tenure profits take precedent over putting a winning team on the field. Proof of this is McNair saying for the last 3 years that this was a playoff team,missing the playoffs and raising ticket prices anyway.

This is McNairs team and he will do with as he pleases. As fans we have one of two choices.
1. Pony up the money (which I'll be doing)
2. Dont pony up the money and consider the Texans season tickets as a losing investment.

The NFL is a monoply and if you want to watch your team you've got to be willing to pay up regardless of the product that's being put on the field. That's just the way it is.

There are also two types of fans
1. The Second Honeymoon type of fan who has invested in his team and feels like he has been sold a bill of goods.
2. The Joe Texan type of fan that looks at going to the game getting drunk and having a good time is good enough. If the Texans happen to win that's great. If they dont oh well we still had a good time.

What bothers me is the Jets were in worse salary cap shape than the Texans were this offseason. Yet they managed to go out and sign 3 key FA's B.Scott,J.Leonhard. M.Douglas and make two trades Lito Sheppard and B.Edwards. Viola they're in the AFC chamionship game.

This makes me question whether Smithiak are forward thinking enough to build a championship team. Or is McNair not giving them the resources/$ to get the job done.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010   #32
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
I'll keep you in mind, one might be availiable righ in the middle of the Blue Crew.
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2010   #33
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I think they have gone up every year.

In 2002, my seats in section 552 were $35 per game, this past season they were $53 per game. I expect them to be $60 next season.
What hasn't gone up since 2002?
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010   #34
Dayad
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dayad was voted MVPDayad was voted MVPDayad was voted MVP

I've got 4 psl's and it comes down to supply and demand guys. 80 consecutive sell outs. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. The Texans have a waiting list to buy tickets. So you threatening not to renew, no biggie to them, someone is in line to buy your seats. I wish I had a business like that.
Old 01-24-2010   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
What hasn't gone up since 2002?
Agreed

But the cost of doing business has only gone up 2/3 % per year but prices increases have gone up 7% per year. That is the advantage of being part of a monopoly I guess.
Old 01-24-2010   #36
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayad View Post
I've got 4 psl's and it comes down to supply and demand guys. 80 consecutive sell outs. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. The Texans have a waiting list to buy tickets. So you threatening not to renew, no biggie to them, someone is in line to buy your seats. I wish I had a business like that.
I wish I had a business like that too. I just didn't have a spare 700 mil. sitting around waiting to be invested. LOL
Old 01-24-2010   #37
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Quote:
Old 01-25-2010   #38
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Invoice's are in online on your Houston Texans account, Corner went up to 77 dollars a ticket.
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010   #39
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
If there is one thing to learn from Enron other than corruption is arrogance. Waiting list today doesn't mean that sell outs are a given. It would be nice, not to be taken for granted.
Old 01-26-2010   #40
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

sec 651 and a yellow lot pass the same as last year. why wouldn't you guys renew? you seen the home schedule? season tix are a luxury not an expense. to complain about your tix going up is dumb when you can watch it at home.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read