Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pete Carroll out at USC, back to NFL

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/01/08/carroll/index.html?eref=sihp

Good article as to why now is the best time to leave. Seems like he and the USC athletic director don't exactly see eye-to-eye.
I think that USC is probably going to be facing some serious sanctions from the NCAA finally. That is my guess as to why Carroll is leaving all of a sudden for Seattle of all places. Carroll has had offers the last few off seasons and why Seattle right now of all places when the team is in shambles? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think it will be the sanctions coming and it would be about time.

mexican_texan

Furry Tractors
I think Carroll would be happy at Seattle. He would have money and control, not to mention a great fan base and stadium.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I just saw on NLF Network. Carroll agreed to terms (in principle) with the SeaHawks.

My question is why the SeaHawks, why not the Bills, or Bucs.

Goldensilence

hipster elite
I just saw on NLF Network. Carroll agreed to terms (in principle) with the SeaHawks.

My guess. He gets to stay on the west coast and will likely have a lot of input on personnel.

Just an easy question is why would you want to go to the Bucs or Bills?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
My guess. He gets to stay on the west coast and will likely have a lot of input on personnel.

Just an easy question is why would you want to go to the Bucs or Bills?
I agree. But the Bills have already interviewed both Shanahan & Cowher..... the weather is better in Tampa.

The Seahawks just recently created an opening, & they've already got their man??

Seems kinda fishy to me.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Tony Dungy made a tongue in cheek comment on the Carroll hiring that it's easier coaching poor 19 year olds than it is coaching rich 25 year olds.

vanknights2002

Practice Squad

Why the Seahawks not the Bills or Bucs.
Bills are in the AFC East and have to play the Pats, Dolphins, and Jets twice a years.
Can't win division. first year, must rebuild to play the division
Bucs are in the NFC South and have to play the Saints, Falcons and Panthers twice a year.
If history plays out once more, then the Bucs win the division lol: not happening Saints and Falcons are to good
Seahawks are in the NFC West and have to play the Cardinals, 49ers and Rams twice a year.
He could win the NFC West next year if he has a winning division record and gets lucky.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
Tony Dungy made a tongue in cheek comment on the Carroll hiring that it's easier coaching poor 19 year olds than it is coaching rich 25 year olds.
Which makes me think more than ever that USC will be investigated soon(are already is) and maybe his message wasn't getting through anymore. These guys have egos and I'm sure he wanted another shot. He did take the Pats to the playoffs twice. I just don't think his rah-rah stuff works in the NFL as well.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
I think that USC is probably going to be facing some serious sanctions from the NCAA finally. That is my guess as to why Carroll is leaving all of a sudden for Seattle of all places. Carroll has had offers the last few off seasons and why Seattle right now of all places when the team is in shambles? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think it will be the sanctions coming and it would be about time.
Agree here. I think the Reggie Bush thing comes back to light among other issues and as Tex says, there may be some serious sanctions coming down.

Hagar

Drink up yall, its the Texans!
NCAA needs to sanction not just the school, but the coach as well. They shouldn't allow this guy to stay in the NFL for a couple of years then all of the sudden go to work for UCLA or Cal or whomever.

LonerATO

All Pro
NCAA needs to sanction not just the school, but the coach as well. They shouldn't allow this guy to stay in the NFL for a couple of years then all of the sudden go to work for UCLA or Cal or whomever.
It's not like the coach is telling these kids to take cash. Hell look at all the crap that happens at UT and its players, you dont hear people telling Mack that he is responsible for his players actions off the field. Mike Garrett is ore at fault here then Carroll, but no coach and I mean no coach in the NCAA is guilt free, some just never get caught.