Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2010   #101
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Fan Dictionary

One of my favorites from last year specifically for Texans Talk, provided by Brakos:

Don't bother Sam... That's just Norgian...
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #102
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Thank you. I was wondering if anyone could spell that word. That and "Pittsburgh."
There is a Pittsburg, Pittsburg California near Flaming Sparrows neck of the woods. My Grandmother was stationed there at one time during WWII.

Lose: we did this 7 times this year.

Loose: $20.00 crack ho.

Old 01-11-2010   #103
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Tracy McStenchTrench

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #104
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I haven't thought of the right word here

from Herv
Lard and Tard (synonym) for the Titans White and Johnson
Chris Slapped - being crushed like you were hit by a comet.
Old 01-11-2010   #105
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I prefer DISDAYNED for a player hurt by his own team mate, as in he just got Disdayned.

Also I propose, "JACOBY", as in "He pulled a Jacoby".

Jacoby (verb): When one preforms an amazing feat followed by a massive blunder.
I always thought if being injured by Ron Dayne as something along the lines of "Hit by Flabby-Fire"
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #106
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Here are a couple recurring nicknames:

"Open Daniels"

and, my favorite:

"Kevins Walter".... alluding to how often people call him Kevin Walters
Print it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
A "Petey" is any player pushed into a starting role while lacking the necessary skills to actually carry out said role. It is most often used to describe a defensive back. This is in honor of Demarcus "Petey" Faggins who was an original Texan and perfectly adequate nickel cornerback but who instead was pressed into service during his 7 years here as a starter a remarkable 36 times for lack of a better option. At no point in his career was Petey Faggins ever confused with a legitimate starting NFL cornerback but this did not stop two entirely different sets of coaches from trotting him out time and time again anyway. "Petey" which was also the name of the dog from The Little Rascals film series (being intensely faithful and impossible to get rid of) never quit trying to his credit but his failures did not endear him to the Texans faithful. Usage: A team with poor corners or using players signed out of desperation due to injury can be said to be "Playing a couple of Peteys".
This is already printed right?

Quote:
"Tacks" - as their logo looks like a thumbtack.

"Flaming Meatballs" - as their logo also looks like a meatball with a flame coming off of it.
synonym for this is important too as there are many versions of this. "Flaming Thumbtacks" is certainly one of them as well as

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
"Play 30" - A play on the NFL's campaign "Play 60" to encourage children to be active, get excercise and encourage a healthy lifestyle. Play 30 is a reference to the Texan uncanny ability to consistenly perform great for one half of a football game and completely disappear the other half. There is not set order in which the halves must occur. The team can come out flat and then bounce back or come out hot and blow the game. Most popular way to blow the game to date is by using the aforementioned "Brown Out". See also "learning how to finish".
This is brilliant! Print it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Going Fetal.
Synonym for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal View Post
Kids : \kidz\ Plural noun

1: Official coaching reference for the team members, even though some of them are nearly his own age.
This needs a better definition but it's definitely dictionary worthy. Something like - the act of perpetually demoralizing your players by constantly referring to them as children despite their age and professional status is to: "kidz" someone.. or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
Bennie Joppru - noun, verb; a player that will never be healthy enough to see the practice field....also look at Antuan Molden.
I belive that is just a "Joppru"

Last edited by barrett; 01-11-2010 at 06:52 PM.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #107
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm almost positive that has been referred to as "doing a Flannigan" or "pulling a Flannigan" already. It's the act of finding a lineman or any player in a blocking position on their back five yards in the backfield.
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2010   #108
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's a gradual process. Every year we have certain things happen that get "enshrined" in our collective psyche. Every year a few sayings get coined. Some are epic and stick, others don't make it. I try to grab a couple every season and add them to the list. Someday I'll publish a coffee table book or something. I'll work on some of these tonight when I get home from work. Good stuff guys. Good stuff.
And thank you for sticking to some of the ones that have really supplanted themselves into our actual verbiage on a regular basis.

I know we can come up with some great ones but it's the ones that really stick and withstand the tests of time that should be documented. I do think synonyms are very important as well as I mentioned above.
Old 01-11-2010   #109
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
How about one for "Run Run Pass Punt" - The Dom Capers offensive philosopy
Or.....

Go-Ahead Offense - To go ahead and punt on first down to spare your offense further humiliation.

This is already a thread of the year candidate, and its only January 11th, great job Herv!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #110
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty cool to see my "Open" Daniels nickname make it.

I would have like to seen Petey "Big Play" Faggins make it

Or ' For the Love of God, someone make a stop on third down"

I am shocked I didnt see Rosencopter or tarpitude on this list.

Flaming Arrow mowing the yard should make it on here...best pic ever.

I am going to think of some of the best Titan crackbacks I have read...most of them by TB.

Best thread ever.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #111
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lose: we did this 7 times this year.

Not loose, cheap!
Old 01-12-2010   #112
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a little hurt...

Where's all the Fake Ass Irishman love?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #113
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I'm a little hurt...

Where's all the Fake Ass Irishman love?
That was your creation. Only you can post it in this thread. I used it another thread, giving you full credit of course.
Old 01-12-2010   #114
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Tracy McStenchTrench
That still has me laughing.
Old 01-13-2010   #115
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
"It" The special something that allows a player to win, even if they are sitting on the bench for most of the season for being emotionally unstable, unprofessional and lazy.
you forgot "...even though most of those wins could actually be attributed to the efforts of a 2000-yd rusher and a defense that had key pieces return to the starting lineup from injury. Also, "It" seems to completely disappear in the presense of legitimate teams like the Colts or Chargers. Lastly, I think, if used accurately and honestly, there may be an "S" and an "H" missing from the term. ...but that could just be me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
"Cushhawk" The haircut that Brian Cushing got from his teammates that he was good with because it help make him one of the guys. He kept it because he was playing like a badass, and well, it's not as hot as long hair.

"The Peyton" He is a witch. The Colts can put all sorts of garbage players around him and he continues to win and never gets hurt enough to be pulled out of games. He eats human hearts of opposing fans to stay on the field. Even from the bench, he can make quirky things happen on the field that result in Colts victories, like turning Ryan Moats into a newt. Moats got better. It was only for an instant at the goal line, and quick enough that it didn't show up in slo-mo.
Love these last two.
Wonder if we could borrow that bucket of water Dorothy used on the Wicked Witch of the West....??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #116
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

from Herv
Lard and Tard (synonym) for the Titans White and Johnson
Let us not overlook the "Ole" by Steve Slaton. It's not like one cannot help but notice a man the size of a small planet rumbling past you.
Old 01-13-2010   #117
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm trying to think of what to add to the list of terms I've been keeping since 2005 and would like suggestions if any of you care to make any. Here's what I have at the moment:

"Soapers" or "Pink Soapers" refers to texanstalk.com board members who no longer believe in the ability of Gary Kubiak to improve the team beyond a roughly .500 (give or take a game) record. The soap avatar comes from the movie Fight Club and originated during the final year of "The C&C Losing Factory" as the "Fire Capers Club". The first rule of the Fire Capers Club was that we do not talk about Fire Capers Club. This was said tongue-in-cheek as a way to mock the "Everything is fine, there is no need to panic" attitude of the Texans organization as the Casserly/Capers regime came to an end. With the firing of Dom Capers the Fire Capers Club became dormant (With the strange exception of a poster named "IBAR Harry" who continued to sport a pink soap avatar demanding that Dom Capers be fired for two more years until he was banned for excessive asshattery and a never ending bromance with "Ocho Stinko"). During the 2009 season as the Texans again started slow and appeared to be having trouble concentrating on important things like PLAYING FOOTBALL the pink soap avatar reappeared in the form of a "Fire Kubiak Club" logo. This sparked a healthy debate (minor flame war) about the merits of firing Gary Kubiak and hiring one of the many out of work head coaches who happened to own a Super Bowl ring at the time. The Fire Kubiak Club again went dormant at the end of the 2009 season when Bob McNair declared that Gary Kubiak would return in 2010 to coach the team again. They have sworn to return should Kubiak fail to achieve another winning season and a playoff berth however
You left out the "Fire Richard Smith" soap era. I almost brandished the pink soap myself during that period.
Old 01-13-2010   #118
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Knee-jerk

1) adverb; Any action suggested or taken before the poster using the word deems the action necessary, even if said action is performed after appropriate analysis and evaluation has been performed.

2) adjective; A thought or idea against the status quo.

3) adjective; An opinion with a timing component that differs from the opinion of the user of the term.
Old 01-13-2010   #119
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Gaffney'd - term used to describe the idiotic play of fumbling a ball out of the back of the end zone just as you're about to score.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010   #120
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was your creation. Only you can post it in this thread. I used it another thread, giving you full credit of course.
íMuchos gracias amigo!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read