Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Which is the Best 9-7 Team?
Falcons 0 0%
Ravens 15 31.91%
Texans 25 53.19%
Jets 3 6.38%
Steelers 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Who is the best 9-7 football team?

Simple Question, Explain your answer.

Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Houston Texans
NY Jets
Pittsburgh Steelers
Old 01-06-2010   #2
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who is the best 9-7 football team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Simple Question, Explain your answer.

Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Houston Texans
NY Jets
Pittsburgh Steelers
Jets.

#1 Defense and can put up big numbers in the running game, 5 games of 200+ yards.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked the Texans because I honestly beleive we could beat the Jets. That first game? Not so much.
Old 01-06-2010   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to say Houston. The Jets are a good team, but if they have to put the game on Sanchize they might as well pack it up. A franchise QB is the most important player position on the team, and they just don't have it.

The Ravens are very weak against great passing attacks, and their offense isn't that good.

The Falcons we lucky to be 9-7 IMO.

I could go either way on the Stealers. They look like hot garbage one game, and the kings of the AFC the next. People complain about the Texans being a 1 half team, well the Stealers are an every other game team.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Every single team has something missing. The Jets need more out of their head coach and the QB, but that's to be expected. The Ravens need more out of their passing game, not to mention a playmaker or two at DB. We need a kicker and the ability to finish. The Falcons need a couple things, I'd say they're the worst 9-7 team.

The Steelers....I'm not sure. They'll play elite one game, horribly the next.

I'll be a homer here and pick us.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets with Kris Jenkins beat the living crap out of us. Without Kris Jenkins...we could take them!

Probably Baltimore though. Defense has underachieved but can be stout, Offense can run the ball VERY well and the pass game is good, not great but good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
The Falcons we lucky to be 9-7 IMO.
I'm shocked. I honestly thought the Falcons would runaway with this.

I haven't watched any of their games this year, so I really don't know. But I thought Michael Turner & Matt Ryan had health issues they needed to work out....

I thought they're outlook for 2010 was pretty good.
Old 01-06-2010   #8
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

No disrespect, but I'm going with the Falcons on the basis that they play in the NFC South. You talk about all these teams being every other half or every other game, NFC South teams seem to be every other season.

Fortunately for the Falcons though, I think winning percentage wise, they're the best post-NFC South division champion ever since that division started playing musical chairs with their champs.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Jets..based strictly on their outstanding defense.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
No disrespect, but I'm going with the Falcons on the basis that they play in the NFC South. You talk about all these teams being every other half or every other game, NFC South teams seem to be every other season.
How does playing in the NFC South make them the best team?

The Jets play the Pats 2 times a year... that's a team that has won multiple SuperBowls.

The Ravens play The Steelers twice a year... that's a team that has won the most Super Bowls of any franchise in the history of the NFL.

The Steelers have to play the Raven's twice a year... that's a team that has won it all at least once (I really can't remember).

The Texans play arguably the most consistently best team in the league over the last decade twice a year.

The Falcons get to play the Tampa Bay Bucaneers who have won the Super Bowl, but they haven't looked like the Super Bowl Bucs for what? 10 years?
Old 01-06-2010   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
ever since that division started playing musical chairs with their champs.
I don't think they've ever had a 2-in-a-row champ since the realignment.

I'd say Jets, but I expected more from Baltimore this year.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #12
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with the Steelers because that is the team that I would LEAST like to face in the playoffs.

I think the Texans, Ravens, and Jets all make a good argument. The Jets are not the same team we faced week one, but they would be my last choice of playoff opponents for the Texans off of this list.

Ravens have been a bit of disappointment this year and I can't believe the Falcons got to 9-7 with all the injuries they have had this year.

Just my 2 cents
Old 01-06-2010   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The Jets only beat 7 teams this year. They won 9 games, sure.
Old 01-06-2010   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Jets with Kris Jenkins beat the living crap out of us. Without Kris Jenkins...we could take them!

Probably Baltimore though. Defense has underachieved but can be stout, Offense can run the ball VERY well and the pass game is good, not great but good.
I'd also say the Ravens.

There 7 losses are:
Pitt
Cincy x2
GB
Indy
Minn
NE

And their average margin of defeat was just over 5.5 pts. Besides the loss to the Steelers, the Ravens losses were all to playoff teams.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #15
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How does playing in the NFC South make them the best team?
oooops I got derailed and thought it was the worst 9-7 team we were discussing
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I'd also say the Ravens.

There 7 losses are:
Pitt
Cincy x2
GB
Indy
Minn
NE

And their average margin of defeat was just over 5.5 pts. Besides the loss to the Steelers, the Ravens losses were all to playoff teams.
Ravens....this.
Old 01-06-2010   #17
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

we are dammit......we rule ass
Old 01-06-2010   #18
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, Ravens definitely. Texans second.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010   #19
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I'd also say the Ravens.

There 7 losses are:
Pitt
Cincy x2
GB
Indy
Minn
NE

Yeah, can't argue with that. Ravens are a damn good team, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all (although I'm pulling for the Minnesota Farves ).
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Yeah, can't argue with that. Ravens are a damn good team, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all (although I'm pulling for the Minnesota Farves ).
The Raiders with Gradkowski would've won Sunday........I FREAKIN HATE THAT BUM/WASTE OF AIR RUSSELL.

HE IS 10X AS WORSE THAN DAVID CARR.

Seriously Raider fans cut ties....because that guy is literally the worst drafted QB in the modern NFL era.....OVER LEAF. (and I really mean that) The dude doesn't catch enough flack for how much he sucks. He is literally the worst pick at that position in the last 30 years (at least Akili Smith took himself out with a injury)......the sad thing is, is that Davis STILL WANTS TO HOLD ON TO HIM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read