Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2010   #1
zcity
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 zcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVP
Default Brady Wins Comeback Award - Pollard Not a Vote !!!

Not that I was expecting Pollard to win the Comeback award (which I think he deserves, Nor did I expect him to be named to the pro bowl (even as an alternate- although he deserves it) I CANNOT believe he didn't receive a vote.

This guy was as effective in his position as Cushing was in his for this team this year.

The stigma of injuring Brady definitely impacted his overall recognition this year. Yeah that sounds like conspiracy talk - but let's face it - facts are facts.

#36 overall in the NFL in tackles - 102
#6 Safety in tackles
4 INT - 1 for a TD
1.5 Sacks
3 Fumbles Recovered - 1 for TD

This after only starting in 11 games, getting picked up off the scrap heap - I know he had a bunch of tackles last year - but the impact he had on this team was HUGE - if you compare our ypg allowed rushing before and after. - ASTOUNDING!!! I know he didn't overcome major injury - but either did VY who came in 2nd in votes!!!

PROPS TO POLLARD - Now let's get him signed and locked up !!!!

Last edited by zcity; 01-06-2010 at 11:32 AM.
zcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brady Wins Comeback Award - Pollard Not a Vote !!!

Pollard did not exactly comeback. He was on the street two games and did not overcome a major injury.
Old 01-06-2010   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard led his team in tackles last year and was cut in the pre-season I believe.

No reason to think he'd even get mentioned.

Going to go on record now and say OD wins the award next year
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Pollard did not exactly comeback. He was on the street two games and did not overcome a major injury.
Didnt he come back from the street ?
Old 01-06-2010   #5
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Didnt he come back from the street ?
He came back to knock the PISS out of somebody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still get pumped up thinking about that interview. I'm gonna go knock the piss out of somebody at Whataburger...
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #6
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady should win the puh-c of the year award, IMO.
Old 01-06-2010   #7
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but Brady has his own website so he deserved to win I guess...

http://www.ihatetombrady.com/
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2010   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Pollard led his team in tackles last year and was cut in the pre-season I believe.

No reason to think he'd even get mentioned.

Going to go on record now and say OD wins the award next year
Ill second that, as long as the knee heals right.
Old 01-06-2010   #9
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Ill second that, as long as the knee heals right.
I third that.

We had the best TE in football for the first half of the year.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
He came back to knock the PISS out of somebody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still get pumped up thinking about that interview. I'm gonna go knock the piss out of somebody at Whataburger...
Pollard rules ass!
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

If I had a vote it would go to Cedric Benson. Everyone had written this dude off as a bust. All he did was rejuvenate his career and give the Bungles a legit running attack.

But I'm not surprised that pretty-boy (I need my own rule to protect my knees) Brady won this.

Not at all.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Yeah but Brady has his own website so he deserved to win I guess...

http://www.ihatetombrady.com/
thats some serious hatred there...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #13
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Brady should win the puh-c of the year award, IMO.
That is funny as chit!! LMAO
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #14
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard didn't come back from anything, but I do want him to come back to the Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read