Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2010   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Non Battle-Red KoolAid Texans Talk on Local Radio

I've been listening to this cat for a while now, and he's the ONLY host
on our local airwaves to tell it like it is. He's on 790 from 10 till noon.

If you've heard this guy's show, let me know what you think about it.
Old 01-05-2010   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Non Battle-Red KoolAid Texans Talk on Local Radio

I'll listen. Haven't checked him out and I like to stream sports radio when I'm working online.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will go search for it, but do you have a link?
Old 01-05-2010   #4
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I've been listening to this cat for a while now, and he's the ONLY host
on our local airwaves to tell it like it is. He's on 790 from 10 till noon.

If you've heard this guy's show, let me know what you think about it.
Does he tell it like it is, or does he just happen to share your opinion?

He's certainly not the only honest sports guy on 790, let alone Houston.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this it?

http://www.790kbme.com/main.html

Dylan Gwinn?
Old 01-05-2010   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Is this it?

http://www.790kbme.com/main.html

Dylan Gwinn?
Yes and yes.
Old 01-05-2010   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Does he tell it like it is, or does he just happen to share your opinion?

He's certainly not the only honest sports guy on 790, let alone Houston.
He's the anti-Vandermeer of Houston. I like to listen to both sides, but
for the longest time, we've only got the HOMER side. In the afternoons
you get Lord and Mccain, but we didn't get the other side until now.

Gwynn's not a Texan's hater, he's just doesn't suck up to Texans' brass
like those other guys do.

Charlie Palillo goes without saying, and I'm only mentioning Gwynn because
he's new. 790 now has local talk from 6 am all the way to 10 pm. Good
radio, here.
Old 01-05-2010   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I still turn on 610 sometimes but they are so silly on there. I mean stupid silly. It's hard to listen to.

I actually enjoy sports talk most when they take alot of fan phone calls..that peaks my interest most..I don't really care so much for the host's opinion but I do like hearing what the average Joe has to say. The guys that go to the games and spend the bucks. I'd rather hear that then listen to Marc Vandermeer talk about "Vanderkid".
Old 01-05-2010   #9
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I still turn on 610 sometimes but they are so silly on there. I mean stupid silly. It's hard to listen to.

I actually enjoy sports talk most when they take alot of fan phone calls..that peaks my interest most..I don't really care so much for the host's opinion but I do like hearing what the average Joe has to say. The guys that go to the games and spend the bucks. I'd rather hear that then listen to Marc Vandermeer talk about "Vanderkid".
The loss of Andre Ware killed that show, in my opinion.
And the loss of the "Sunday Block Party" killed the station.
Old 01-05-2010   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't heard the guy before. Is he honest, of is he over the top negative like Jackson and Wexler? They annoy me.
Old 01-05-2010   #11
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
radio, here.
Im pretty sure after Gwinns show, there is non local programming, Dan Patrick I believe til Charlie. It sucks because i want a mid day show that doesnt suck......im looking at you 1560 and Ken Hoffman.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The loss of Andre Ware killed that show, in my opinion.
They fired most of the good talk guys on there..and kept the others. Marc just annoys me for some reason; he's football smart but he's just so silly. And the new guy with him hasn't struck a chord with me.

IF I listen to them it's on Monday after a game usually because I enjoy the phone calls they take.
Old 01-05-2010   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for passing this along. I've felt like I've been in the Twilight Zone the last couple of days. Everyone is acting as if we've won the Super Bowl.

I'm simply astonished that our fans are settling.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #14
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
Im pretty sure after Gwinns show, there is non local programming, Dan Patrick I believe til Charlie. It sucks because i want a mid day show that doesnt suck......im looking at you 1560 and Ken Hoffman.
Actually a new guy just started yesterday. I didn't get to listen much, but he's worked here before and seems like a tell it like it is guy. Anyways it's local now.

As far as 610 goes yeah they lost it. I mean I don't mind them being homers, but man sometimes it was just hard to stomach. Sometimes they would just gloss over good stuff or give inadequate answers and just meh. BTW John Lopez is being called J-Lo.... really... thats sad.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #15
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

The mighty Gwin is pretty cool. He's pretty informed and actually demands a higher level of expectations. He acknowledges what the Texans do well, however he doesn't make excuses for their mistakes and acknowledges those as well. I like it.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Actually a new guy just started yesterday. I didn't get to listen much, but he's worked here before and seems like a tell it like it is guy. Anyways it's local now.

As far as 610 goes yeah they lost it. I mean I don't mind them being homers, but man sometimes it was just hard to stomach. Sometimes they would just gloss over good stuff or give inadequate answers and just meh. BTW John Lopez is being called J-Lo.... really... thats sad.
I've noticed "J Lo" like to toot his own horn alot...I think they had to get somebody in there that would be as silly as Vandermeer is. That's just a fluff show. Nothing more.
Old 01-05-2010   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post

I got tired of hearing about the "Vanderkid." Then, a few weeks ago, I was listening in the car and he told listeners to go to the "Vanderblog" and check it out.

I'm about Vandersick of 610.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

radio, here.
I love listening to Palillo, but it sucks that he's more about Baseball and college hoops than he is about pro football

But yeah the guy from 10 till noon is pretty decent. 790 was going through a bunch of static periods for awhile and they had some real buffoons on (I think it was syndicated guys from whatever network 790 is apart of), about 4 or 5 months ago. Nice to see they've hammered it out better.
Old 01-05-2010   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Non Battle-Red KoolAid Texans Talk on Local Radio

Quote:
We will agree to disagree.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #20
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I like Gwinn. He doesn't sugarcoat anything. But I will be the first to admit that I probably like him because he shares my opinion.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read