Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2010   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TCU vs. Boise State Fiesta Bowl

Is anybody watching this game? TCU is struggling.....If Kellen Moore was on his game the horned frogs would already be down by like 3 TDs. Moore has missed some wide open receivers.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TCU vs. Boise State Fiesta Bowl

I've been watching. TCU looks nervous. I guess the bright lights have made them look out of it. Especially the QB.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

TCU needs to kick it into gear.
Old 01-04-2010   #4
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

frogs need to score here before the half
Old 01-04-2010   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

TD Frogs.
Old 01-04-2010   #6
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

this kinda reminds me of last years game boise was up 10-0 or 13-0 and tcu came back and won
Old 01-04-2010   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by treduke View Post
this kinda reminds me of last years game boise was up 10-0 or 13-0 and tcu came back and won
Yeah, I think all those missed opportunities are going to come back and bite Boise State in the ass. Missed FG and missed about 2 wide open receivers for TDs.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-04-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2010   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This game is tearing me up. Worst game I've seen them play this year. Dalton and the offense just are stagnant and the D is keeping us in it. That fake punt is going to kill us
Old 01-04-2010   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

I would hate to play Boise State in a bowl game........they sure do have a big bag of tricks, don't they?
Old 01-04-2010   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I would hate to play Boise State in a bowl game........they sure do have a big bag of tricks, don't they?
I told everyone when this game came out that it was the worst possible matchup for TCU. I think they could beat Ga Tech, Iowa and Cincy but after barely beating them last bowl season, Boise scared me.

This is the worst I've seen them all year. They aren't playing that consistent ball and moving it
Old 01-04-2010   #11
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

TCU receivers blowing it with all the dropped passes.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
TCU receivers blowing it with all the dropped passes.
Yeah that was a perfect throw and a TD. They dropped 2 last 3 and out. Need a 4th down here

Fudge..this sucks. Take advantage of the field position
Old 01-04-2010   #13
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who says the Mountain West and WAC cant play D?

Great defensive game especially by Boise. You always here about their offense but their D is playing great as is TCUs.

Texas and Bama would not wanna play these teams.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Texas and Bama would not wanna play these teams.
I'd rather Texas play both of these teams, than have to play Alabama.
Old 01-04-2010   #15
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd rather Texas play both of these teams, than have to play Alabama.
Lol. The BCS: Where playoffs are like the Detroit Lions in the Super Bowl, never gonna happen.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Lol. The BCS: Where playoffs are like the Detroit Lions in the Super Bowl, never gonna happen.
Yep, sucks doesn't it.

I'm just saying......Dalton threw 3 picks tonight. Texas stuffs the run and has the best secondary in the entire country. I'd like their chances.
Old 01-04-2010   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Yep, sucks doesn't it.

I'm just saying......Dalton threw 3 picks tonight. Texas stuffs the run and has the best secondary in the entire country. I'd like their chances.
I still think TCU would match up with them well. That was a horrible game for Dalton and the D still played well. Overall I'm proud. They beat Boise last year and then went undefeated this year. They beat 6 bowl teams and the MW was 4-0 until today against good comp. Tough loss
Old 01-04-2010   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andy Dalton sucks. And the coaching staff didn't help him. It almost seemed like they didn't even run the ball after the first quarter. You cannot be one dimensional against a good defense.

This is a blowout if the TCU defense isn't so good. They really only allowed Boise St to move the ball on two drives the whole game.

Both defenses were fantastic. That is what football is supposed to look like.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #19
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Dalton's INT for a return killed them in the end, but I still love how CP draws up great gadget plays. I would love to see Boise State move to the Pac-10 and whoop some of those teams every year.
Old 01-04-2010   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Andy Dalton sucks. And the coaching staff didn't help him. It almost seemed like they didn't even run the ball after the first quarter. You cannot be one dimensional against a good defense.

This is a blowout if the TCU defense isn't so good. They really only allowed Boise St to move the ball on two drives the whole game.

Both defenses were fantastic. That is what football is supposed to look like.
No, he is good in doses. Youa re dead right though and I said it above. They were actually getting 6-7 yards a pop when they ran and then they quit. It was unexplainable. When they did run they went away from the spread option and had Dalton run out of the shotgun. I hadn't seen this all year. I'm kind of stunned and disappointed they didn't show the nation what I saw all year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read