Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-04-2010   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jamaal Charles

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1662559.html

Quote:
Charles carried 25 times, so he averaged more than 10 yards per carry. His touchdowns came from both short-range (a 5-yarder in the third quarter) and a long way out (56 yards in the fourth quarter).

He presented a game ball to the offensive line for helping him get the team record.
Oh yeah ... He's from Port Aurthur and UT .

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-04-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamaal Charles

He is Chris Johnson like.....a very explosive player.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #3
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

he was awesome at UT... just took some time to adjust to nfl... exciting player
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1662559.html

Oh yeah ... He's from Port Aurthur and UT .
Port Arthur representing!!!!
Old 01-04-2010   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
7/21/2008: Signed a three-year, $1.760 million contract. The deal included a $610,000 signing bonus. 2009: $385,000, 2010: $470,000, 2011: Restricted Free Agent
Uh, that guy needs a raise.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I followed his career through high school and UT. If not mistaken he was chosen in the second round perhaps 38ish or something like that? Congrats to him for a great season.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chiefs were about to trade him to the Redskins at the deadline for a 5th round pick but the Redskins thought the price was too high for a backup runningback.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2010   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Uh, that guy needs a raise.
I am sure he'll get one if his good play continues.
Old 01-04-2010   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was my favorite RB in that draft class (I'm a UT fan though so all y'all thought I was just biased). Great player.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved Charles through college and thought he should have been a first rounder. I just thought he needed to go to a team that would utilize his strengths as a runner. I hated it when the Chiefs drafted him though, because I didn't think they would use him right and they didn't until mid season this year. It's pathetic that LJ got all of those carries for so long they way he did. Charles has been a total beast the last 6 games or so. And the worst part is that ESPN never talks about the guy and they don't ever show his highlights either. I've barely gotten to see any of Charles's runs all year.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I loved Charles through college and thought he should have been a first rounder. I just thought he needed to go to a team that would utilize his strengths as a runner. I hated it when the Chiefs drafted him though, because I didn't think they would use him right and they didn't until mid season this year. It's pathetic that LJ got all of those carries for so long they way he did. Charles has been a total beast the last 6 games or so. And the worst part is that ESPN never talks about the guy and they don't ever show his highlights either. I've barely gotten to see any of Charles's runs all year.
ESPN did mention that Charles asked to be removed from the game against the Broncos so that he wouldn't break the record for rushing yards in a single game.

Said that if he was ever going to break it he wanted it to be in a game that mattered, not in a blowout.
Old 01-05-2010   #12
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I followed his career through high school and UT. If not mistaken he was chosen in the second round perhaps 38ish or something like that? Congrats to him for a great season.
3rd round 73rd overall.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I had him mocked last year to pair with Slaton. I thought he'd go in 2nd though.
Old 01-05-2010   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I had him mocked last year to pair with Slaton. I thought he'd go in 2nd though.
As did I. His size scared a lot of teams away.
Old 01-05-2010   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Fluke. I want to see more before I take that tag off his name in my book.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
ESPN did mention that Charles asked to be removed from the game against the Broncos so that he wouldn't break the record for rushing yards in a single game.

Said that if he was ever going to break it he wanted it to be in a game that mattered, not in a blowout.
I'm just saying that ESPN has hardly talked about Charles at all this season and how great he's been playing. I haven't hardly heard jack about him or seen hardly any of his highlights. I'll have to check the NFL network to try and catch them or something, because I've been a die hard fan of Charles since he was a Freshman at Texas and I knew he would bea great play maker if he could be used properly. I wasn't always sure if he could be a runner in between the tackles in the NFL as an every down back, but I knew he could be a great player for screens, sweeps and many other types of plays. He's been doing it all though lately and I'm very happy to hear that. It's crazy at how long the Chiefs kept him on the shelf as well for this long.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Eh to each his own.

I heard or read somewhere that Charles became the first back in NFL history to finish a season with more than 1000 yards and less than 200 carries. The guy only started eight games and broke 1000 yards (968 yards in his eight starts). Averaged 121 yards per start (skewed by the Denver game, but he still averaged over 100 per start without that one).
Old 01-05-2010   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
so what is Mario in your book? you worship that guy who barely even gives an honest effort and has to be called out to play well and whose big games could be called flukes, yet Charles is a fluke....

....don't tell me, your an Aggie or a Red Raider fan...or just classic Houston sports fan where anything outside of Houston doesn't matter.

Grats to Jamaal for showing the tools he has. Chris Johnson Lite.
Old 01-05-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-05-2010   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

So we should expect Austin to start airing KC games now, right?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read