Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2010   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Belichick calls out the Texans field of play

Quote:
While Bill Belichick wouldn't go so far as to blame the field conditions at Houston's Reliant Stadium on the serious knee injury suffered by receiver Wes Welker during Sunday's game against the Texans, the New England Patriots coach said on Monday that he had concerns about the quality of the natural grass field before the game.

"I thought it was terrible," Belichick said on Monday afternoon during his weekly appearance on Boston sports radio 850 WEEI. "I really thought it was one of the worst fields I've seen."

Belichick said he had concerns about the playing surface after walking on the field before the game, saying certain areas seemed softer than others.

"I don't know what would have happened on another field," he said. "The quality of the field I thought was poor. I'm not saying it cost us the game, but at this level we ought to be able to play with consistency."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=4796075
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #2
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 67743 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Belichick rips turf at Texans stadium

Belichick rips turf at Texans stadium
http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/...&position=also
Quote:
In the wake of Wes Welker’s freak, non-contact injury yesterday, Patriots [team stats] coach Bill Belichick took a shot at the Reliant Stadium field today.

“It’s terrible,” Belichick said of the field. “One of the worst fields I’ve seen. For the level of play we have, I think consistency of field should be priority number one, when you talk about player safety and things like that. Player safety begins on the field.”

In his weekly interview on WEEI, Belichick pointed out that the field was spongy in some spots, wet in others, the trays of grass didn’t match and there was low grass mixed in with high grass.

In discussing the dangers of such a field, he said, “You think it’s going to grab and it gives; you think it’s going to give and it grabs; and that’s where you get those non-contact injuries like what we saw Sunday.”

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Belichick rips turf at Texans stadium

I could see that.

Arian Foster slipped in around the same spot where Welker went down.

When they bring those trays in from outside on wet days, they can stay a little slick in spots. End of the season is an issue too, but I'm not sure it is as bad as he says though.
Old 01-04-2010   #4
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Belichick calls out the Texans field of play

i was just about to start this same thread!
pretty lame if you ask me first usa today tries to blame pollard now the hoodie is trying to blame the turf!
it was a unfortunate freak injury i know it sucks but stuff like this happens
Old 01-04-2010   #5
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't there a bowl game played earlier in the week? I wonder if that contributed to the turf being in the condition it was in...
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Belichick calls out the Texans field of play

Somebody brought it up in the coaches show on 610 and Kubiak had no idea... he seemed to be pretty surprised actually. He actually complimented the crew on the work they do in getting the field in game shape every week,etc.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #7
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

yes the texas bowl was played there on new years eve!
it sucks that welker got hurt on a freak play but it is what it is reminds me of jammal anderson when he played the blue stars in dallas made a cut with no one near him and boom goes the dynamite!
Old 01-04-2010   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak politely took exception with that comment. He said he thought the turf was fine.

Not exactly "eff you, Belichick" but about as close as GK will ever come.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 115966 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

The field does start to look kind of funky at the end of the year. It kind of gets a wierd checkerboard look with squares of torn up grass mixed in with fresh tiles.

They need to replace the whole field after week 8 each season, instead of the patchwork they do now.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #10
brosef
Rookie

quit whining hoody...
brosef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I could see that.

Arian Foster slipped in around the same spot where Welker went down.

When they bring those trays in from outside on wet days, they can stay a little slick in spots. End of the season is an issue too, but I'm not sure it is as bad as he says though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Wasn't there a bowl game played earlier in the week? I wonder if that contributed to the turf being in the condition it was in...
I believe they have more than one "Field" - Those that were used for the bowl game were'nt likely used for the Sunday game.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #12
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I believe they have more than one "Field" - Those that were used for the bowl game were'nt likely used for the Sunday game.
You never really know though. I remember when Reliant would host numerous soccer events and the field would be all beat up with poorly erased soccer field paint marks.
Old 01-04-2010   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you watch the teams up north playing at home , their playing on painted dirt and that's better ? I guess the worst I've seen is a couple of years ago when Miami played Pittsburg on MNF , I think they played with the leftovers from Ike coming down on them .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #14
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

blame has to be placed somewhere. here's to "homefield advantage". is this the first time someone raised hell about the field? they've been doing this for eight yrs.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

HOUSE OF PAIN IS BACK

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 89889 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans play 10 games a year there, and they aren't dropping like flies. Belichick is just b!tching, just to b!tch. It may not be perfect, but its not horrible.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #17
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 26148 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

belichick is just crabby
Old 01-04-2010   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Gilette Stadium's field is awful compared to Reliants

Besides don't they play on snow/ice in Foxborough like half the time? I would think that would be more conducive to non-contact injuries than a grass field
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are always complaints about the field, especially towards the end of a season.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #20
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Sounds like he is just trying to cover his ass for losing an integral player in a meaningless game for his team.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read