Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2010   #1
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 301 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta Wants Back...

First off this is my first thread so here it goes..

The title pretty much says it all..also if mike shanahan gets a coaching job (most likely Washignton) Kyle will be joining him. so looks like a new OC.

Thoughts?

Link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6797865.html
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta Wants Back...

We are weak at CB and could use him.

If he wants to return he better accept A LOT less money.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #3
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guy,

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time here and become a active member. Lots of different viewpoints, but all good people around here.

Just as an fyi, there's already another Dunta thread started, so you may want to check that one out first.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Very magnanimous of him to be willing to play for the franchise tag (and its fat paycheck) again next year.

Old 01-04-2010   #5
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Very magnanimous of him to be willing to play for the franchise tag (and its fat paycheck) again next year.

I know, what a jackass. Like we'd be stupid enough to offer his sorry ass that sort of money again.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I want "back" too. Hehe
Old 01-04-2010   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope DRob comes back. He is still better than 85 to 90% of the CB's out there. Not to mention he is the only real vet presence we have in the back end.

Our D really turned a corner this year. I would like to see us draft a FS, DT, and a CB cus you can never have to many.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2010   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

only if he takes a significant pay cut (which I doubt he will do)

64 tackles, 1 FF , o int , 9 pass defensed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=5535
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes he does

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I hope DRob comes back. He is still better than 85 to 90% of the CB's out there. Not to mention he is the only real vet presence we have in the back end.
So you think Dunta would be a sure fire starter on 28 other teams? I doubt that.

Dunta is "okay", but he's not even close to being a top player at his position, he wasn't even the best corner on his team. If he comes back for a drastically reduced salary, I'd take him.....if not, he can hit the road. It won't be that big of a loss

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-04-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #11
Ckw

Quote:
“I realize this is a business. I won't take things personally like I did last offseason. I'd like to get a long-term deal, but I wouldn't be unhappy about it (if he's tagged again). I'm blessed. You can't be mad when you make $9 million.
Old 01-04-2010   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect DR to be offered a long term deal with adjustment for how he was over paid this season. Maybe in 6-7 million first year. I hope he turns it down.
Old 01-04-2010   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he's a bad guy at all but he had foot in the mouth disease this last year.

I think perhaps it was hard for him to accept that post surgery he wasn't going to be the excellent player he was before and he let his mouth get the best of him.

If they can sign him at a price that would work for the team you keep him.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #14
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

He could have made bank for a few years if he didn't mess around last offseason.

As it is, I don't want to pay much money for him, and sadly I think another team will still offer bigish money (not last offseason big money though!). We've got money to spend on more important free agents.
Old 01-04-2010   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he comes back next year. I don't think he's a top flight CB, and definitely don't want us to pay him like he is one, but he is still better than what we have. I realize Quin looked better than him this year, but we've seen a couple rookie CBs look good, only to not live up to their initial seasons.
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

He will play better next year on some team but he has always been a #2 CB. The Texans need to find someone to make him that #2 or #3 CB.
Old 01-04-2010   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to sign him for a reasonable amount but bring in a #1 CB. D.Rob at #2 would be nice and it would keep his ego in check (maybe).
Old 01-04-2010   #18
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So you think Dunta would be a sure fire starter on 28 other teams? I doubt that.

Dunta is "okay", but he's not even close to being a top player at his position, he wasn't even the best corner on his team. If he comes back for a drastically reduced salary, I'd take him.....if not, he can hit the road. It won't be that big of a loss
There are 64 starting corner jobs in the NFL. I think Robinson has proven that he's an average #1 or a very good #2 who could compete for the #2 starting job on any team except the Eagles, and the #1 job on half the teams in the league.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Where are the stats for the best DBs in the NFL? I'm just curious how many of them have zero INTs for the season. I still can't believe D.Rob dropped one that hit him on the numbers. That had nothing to do with his injury, and everything to do with him not being as good as he thinks he is.
Old 01-04-2010   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Where are the stats for the best DBs in the NFL? I'm just curious how many of them have zero INTs for the season. I still can't believe D.Rob dropped one that hit him on the numbers. That had nothing to do with his injury, and everything to do with him not being as good as he thinks he is.
He appears at 96th on this list - Link

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read