Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who is the Texans' MVP?
Andre Johnson 20 24.39%
Matt Schaub 39 47.56%
Demeco Ryans 1 1.22%
Brian Cushing 10 12.20%
Bernard Pollard 12 14.63%
Mario Williams 0 0%
Kris/Chris Brown 0 0%
Matt Turk 0 0%
Dunta Robinson 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2010   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Team MVP?

Who is the Texans MVP for this season in your opinion?

To me, it's clear as day. Ever since we signed Bernard Pollard our defense made a complete turnaround and became a very solid group, without him, we would have had an extra couple losses including yesterday.
Old 01-04-2010   #2
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team MVP?

Matt Schaub he put up unbelievable stats and you see how we did when he got hurt and rex came in during that jax game
Old 01-04-2010   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Dre Johnson.
Old 01-04-2010   #4
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

matt is offensive mvp
pollard is defensive mvp
Old 01-04-2010   #5
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Who is the Texans MVP for this season in your opinion?

To me, it's clear as day. Ever since we signed Bernard Pollard our defense made a complete turnaround and became a very solid group, without him, we would have had an extra couple losses including yesterday.
Wow, it's tough.
Schaub, Pollard, AJ, Kris Brown......WAIT A MINUTE!

I'll go with Manly Matt Schaub. He ain't Fragile Matt no more!
Old 01-04-2010   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Cushing.
Old 01-04-2010   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub and AJ are clear frontrunners for Offense.
Cushing and Pollard are clear frontrunners for Defense.

The Brown brothers go on my hall of shame
Old 01-04-2010   #8
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is far and away the best player on the team, but Schaub is the most valuable to our success. Without him this offense goes nowhere. As good as AJ is they could function with him out.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt and AJ as offensive co-MVP's

D-Ryans as defensive MVP. The dude's been a warrior this season.
Old 01-04-2010   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
D-Ryans as defensive MVP. The dude's been a warrior this season
He has been a warrior this year. I kinda feel bad for him in a way because he's always being asked about Cushing in his interviews. I wonder if he's like "WTF....I'm busting my ass out there too and making big plays". Plus, he's a HUGE reason why Cushing had an amazing rookie year. I'm definately a Cushing fan, but Ryans is the leader of our linebackers.....no question.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #11
TexansMVP
Probowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
AJ is far and away the best player on the team, but Schaub is the most valuable to our success. Without him this offense goes nowhere. As good as AJ is they could function with him out.
I agree 100%. My vote goes to Schaub.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ on offense. That's easy for me.

On defense it's Cushing. That's easy for me.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Matt and AJ as offensive co-MVP's

D-Ryans as defensive MVP. The dude's been a warrior this season.
Could you explain the choice of Demeco and ellaborate as to why?

I'm not saying that you're wrong by any means. I'm just interested to hear why you would pick Demeco. That's an interesting pick.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #14
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I chose Pollard but I think it should be shared by Pollard/Cushing/Smith. The addition of those three players on the defense altered the attitude of the entire group which I believe had a profound effect on the entire team.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

I'm not saying that you're wrong by any means. I'm just interested to hear why you would pick Demeco. That's an interesting pick.
Going into Sunday's game, Demeco was 6th in the NFL in tackles, and Cush was 2nd, I think (1st in AFC). The two of them added up to a larger percentage of their team's defensive plays than any other duo in the NFL. Given that Demeco's done this since his rookie year, and the fact that he's the QB of the defense, I think it's safe to say that Cushing landed in a cushy situation. Cush is a beast, don't get me wrong, but I think Ryans is more valuable overall, IMO. Cushing is the playmaker, Pollard was the polish on an almost-good defense, but Ryans is the glue that holds it all together.

On offense, I can argue the same for Schaub, but I'm going with AJ because I think he's the heart and soul of the offense. He is the inspiration for everyone else out there. I'd put Schaub 2nd by a nose.
Old 01-04-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked AJ for "O" and I would pick Pollard for "D".

The reason I chose Pollard was because the defense was complete suck before he got here. 'Meco and Cush were part of the defense full of suck (and I'm not putting it on those two). I'm just saying that Pollards contribution was extremely valuable. That said I don't think Ryans or Cushing is a bad pick either.
Old 01-04-2010   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
He has been a warrior this year. I kinda feel bad for him in a way because he's always being asked about Cushing in his interviews. I wonder if he's like "WTF....I'm busting my ass out there too and making big plays". Plus, he's a HUGE reason why Cushing had an amazing rookie year. I'm definately a Cushing fan, but Ryans is the leader of our linebackers.....no question.
Agreed! I like Cush a lot, but D-Ryans was huge for us this season. I won't go as far to say D-Ryans made Cush's year, but he had a hand in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

It's just a personal observation by watching and re-watching every game. Don't get me wrong, Cush is a beast. Like Cush, he's a sideline to sideline tackling machine. I think where he deserves the nod over Cush is the amount of mistakes made. Cush made his fair share of mistakes. He obviously makes up for them, but it doesn't dismiss the fact they happened. No, D-Ryans wasn't perfect, just moreso than Cush.

End the end, I like them both....a lot! As Cush learns and grows I think he'll be the better of the two. I'm giddy we've got the both of them and very excited we get to watch them grow and be one of the best LB duos in the league.

Oh yeah, Diles is pretty ok too.
Old 01-04-2010   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ for my pick. We lose at least 2-3 other games without him. Schaub and OD close second.

Pollard tied with Cushing for my defensive MVPs. Other teams are going to gameplan around Cushing when he fully matures, IMO, much like they did for Ray Lewis in his prime.
Old 01-04-2010   #19
Ckw

Wow! I am surprised that AJ isn't winning by a landslide. Schaub had a great season, but I don't think he puts up anywhere near the numbers he did this season without AJ.

On defense, it is a toss up between Pollard and Cushing, but I would give it to Pollard because of the huge difference in our defense from the first day we brought him in. We went from being awful against the run to very good/great against the run when we brought him in.
Old 01-04-2010   #20
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Aj would not have put up half the numbers he did without
Schaub.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read