Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-04-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Off-season Dates

Mark your calendars ladies and gentlemen, the off-season has begun...

Jan. 31: AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, South Florida (ESPN).

Feb. 7: Super Bowl XLIV, South Florida (CBS).

Feb. 24-March 2: NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis, Ind.

March 5: Free agency begins.

March 21-24: NFL Annual Meeting, Orlando, Fla.

April 22-24: NFL Draft
Rd. 1: Thurs., April 22, 6:30 p.m.
Rds. 2-3: Fri., April 23, 5:30 p.m.
Rds. 4-7: Sat., April 24, 9 a.m.
Radio City Music Hall

May 24-26: NFL Spring meeting, Dallas, Tex.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Off-season Dates

Dadgum! I hate seeing the off-season schedule this soon.

BTW, spreading the draft over 3 days is quite ghey.
Old 01-04-2010   #3
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the new draft schedule.

They should of kept it like it was.

1-3 rds on saturday. 4-7 rds on sunday
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post

Agreed! I reckon it has to do with mo money, as usual.
Old 01-04-2010   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post

Ratings and money, my friend. That's why they did it. A prime time viewing audience will be in lots of cash for the NFL by selling those commercials. The 1st round of the NFL draft will be a highly watched event.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
April 22-24: NFL Draft
Rd. 1: Thurs., April 22, 6:30 p.m.
6:30 ET?

Geez, if that's the case the NFL is out of their minds. If I remember correctly, part of the reason for moving the date/time was so that the west coast wouldn't have to get up so early to watch it. But if that's the case, it will be on at 3:30 PT.

You think those people are going to take a personal day or leave early to watch the draft?

Pretty stupid, if you ask me.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

If they're going to do this 3 day crap, at least make it friday, saturday, and sunday. The ratings could very well tank this way.

It seems like the wait is gonna be shorter this year, maybe since the season pushed on later as far as time goes, plus we weren't too worried about draft position, but playoffs.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2010   #8
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodell made some comment about Thursday night being the most watched TV night. But every pathetic NFL junkie (like me) who might watch the draft WAS ALREADY watching the draft. Only now I won't, just read it in the paper the next day.

I guess the real plan is to destroy the concept of the draft watching party. Taking the munchkin to Reliant on Saturday was cool; even if they still have a draft party even I'm not a big enough loser to drag over there on a Thursday night.

After the parties die off in a few years, probably less interest in the draft in the future and thus less interest in the NFL during the off-season. Good job Roger!
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #9
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 179 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

i totally forgot about the draft starting on thursday this year!
the pro bowl the week before the super bowl
what are they going to do next show the combine in 3D?
play a preseason game on the moon?
Old 01-06-2010   #10
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

We have had a group that has started a draft tradition of getting together and getting sloppy throughout the day and trying to re piece everything that happened the day before while watching the later rounds.

No doubt this is a move for bigger sponsors, higher priced commercials, more viewers. It may have good ratings on Thursday with only the 1st round, but the rest of the rounds nobody will watch.

It will be good for the casual fan and the NFL's pockets, but not for the hardcore NFL fan.

Kinda pisses me off.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read