Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2010   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans will pick 19th or 20th in 2010 Draft

Per Nick Scurfield via twitter -
Quote:
NickScurfield

The Texans will have either the 19th or 20th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. Will depend on a coin flip with the Atlanta Falcons
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans will pick 19th or 20th in 2010 Draft

Yeh I was hoping for somewhere around 14 or 15 for trade down possibiities. Its still possible but I think thats less likely now.
Old 01-04-2010   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

You can get a good starters at that position in the draft in both the 1st and 2nd rounds, if you pick a "need" position. I'm sure there'll be a good CD/safety or a lineman avaliable for that pick who could start and help.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Yeh I was hoping for somewhere around 14 or 15 for trade down possibiities. Its still possible but I think thats less likely now.
Agreed. I had #15 on last mock from about three weeks ago.
Old 01-04-2010   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Our 1st pick we need a Bonified Lockdown CB

i would like dunta to stay but he will prob be asking way more for what hes worth

How is the CB class looking this year ????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #6
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

i would like dunta to stay but he will prob be asking way more for what hes worth

Haden looks like a top 10 pick, and then you're looking at marginal 1st round talents. I'm sure somebody will blaze a fast 40 and move up, but it's not because they played exceptionally well.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I want some stud interior offensive linemen myself.
Old 01-04-2010   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade down and pick Berry.
Mays will probably be available around 19 or 20
Old 01-04-2010   #9
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Safety, corner, DT, OL would be great.

Although if we went with a CJ Spiller, Jahvid Best or Dez Bryant i wouldnt complain.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think we need a fleet-footed, ball-hawking FS. I'd rather not go into next year having to pick from an aging Ferguson, an injury-prone Barber, or a too slow Busing to get our starting FS.

I'd rather use the 1st day picks on a FS and/or a stud interior lineman (offensive or defensive, we could use upgrades in the middle of both) and either make do with the younguns we have at CB or try and grab one with a 2nd day pick.

While a stud CB would be sweet, I think we're fixed better there than at FS or DT/C/OG.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I want some stud interior offensive linemen myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWdvfRhTruw

This year he played 807 snaps, and didn't give up a sack. Dude is beast.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #12
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

That guy is a monster.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

For those that want a trade up: I wouldn't count on it.....historically speaking anyways.
Old 01-04-2010   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

Brandon Carter from Tech's a beast too. He basically shut down Suh. I'm not sure he fits the ZBS well, but he's darn good. Probably too freaky for the Texans to take. LOL
Old 01-04-2010   #15
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think we need a fleet-footed, ball-hawking FS. I'd rather not go into next year having to pick from an aging Ferguson, an injury-prone Barber, or a too slow Busing to get our starting FS.

I'd rather use the 1st day picks on a FS and/or a stud interior lineman (offensive or defensive, we could use upgrades in the middle of both) and either make do with the younguns we have at CB or try and grab one with a 2nd day pick.

While a stud CB would be sweet, I think we're fixed better there than at FS or DT/C/OG.
I disagree. We've got Eugene Wilson under contract for another 2 yrs. at FS and though an upgrade would be nice it's not our highest priority. A stud
OG would really be nice as well and is a distinct possibility but good OG's can be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If Dunta leaves then CB instantly becomes our highest priority. None of the younguns we've currently got on roster is ready to be a true #1 CB, Dunta is the best we've got and he's marginal as a #1 CB. I'd like to see the Texans trade down if possible to the mid-late 20's and then pick one of the following players.

Trevard Lindley or Patrick Robinson-CB
Mike Iupati-OG
Dan Williams-DT
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #16
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

According to Scott Wright of DraftCountdown.com, there is a big drop off once Hayden goes off the board.

Sorry can't copy from story so see 3rd question about the Falcon's defense:

Its also an interesting take on the Falcon's who may be picking in front of us should we lose the coin toss.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl Thomas if he's there.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #18
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Some guys to look at that I've been paying attention to that could potentially be our first round selection.

*Personally I don't see us going offense with our first round selection.*

Donovan Warren: CB, Michigan
Patrick Robinson: CB, Florida State
Ras-I Dowling: CB/FS, Virginia
Earl Thomas: FS, Texas (I doubt he will be available at #19 or #20)
Taylor Mays: FS, USC (I'm not really big on him, but some people are)
Brian Price: DT, UCLA

^ Check these guys out, they're who are on my radar.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #19
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

This year is deep for DT, but if Earl Thomas is on the board (unlikely) by the time we pick, I don't see us passing him up. He loves studying football and would be an excellent fit for us.

This guy recently caught my attention as a possible value pick in later rounds. John Estes from Hawaii.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #20
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im a fan of Ras-I Dowling or Taylor Mays but anyone of those picks will help this defense

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read