Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-03-2010   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Question 2009-10 Playoffs: Date Marry or Dump

I totally stole this idea from a TV show.
For each set of teams:
1 to date: Good-looking, but one fatal flaw.
1 to marry: Likely to go all the way.
1 to dump: Gonna fall flat on their faces in the first game.
And then leave the last alone. I split it up by seeding just because that makes sense in my insomniac haze.

Wild Card Teams:
Jets
Ravens
Eagles
Packers

Division Winners:
Cardinals
Cowboys
Bengals
Patriots

First-Round Bye:
Colts
Chargers
Saints
Vikings
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009-10 Playoffs: Date Marry or Dump

Wild Card Teams:
Jets - Dump: I can't be convinced when the last meaningful game they won against a that finished over .500 was the Pats in week 2.
Ravens
Eagles - Date: They may be on a hot streak, but 0-4 against 10-win teams.
Packers - Marry: A tough one, but it looks like these guys have great balance. Plus, worst loss is only 12 points to a hot Favre team.

Division Winners:
Cardinals
Cowboys - Marry: I know, you're saying what?!, but when you hold your opponents to 0 points in the last 2 games, one of which being against the Eagles... you're doing something right.
Bengals - Dump: When these guys lose, they lose big. And when you're on a cold streak, things could get nasty.
Patriots - Date: A good team at home, but 1-6 on the road? C'mon man...

First-Round Bye:
Colts
Chargers - Marry: Hottest team in the NFL. Only possible problem is Baltimore, who's beaten them once at home already.
Saints - Dump: I'm afraid they've given up after the loss to Dallas.
Vikings - Date: A quick one: Favre's wearing down again.
Old 01-04-2010   #3
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 169179 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't think you could "Marry" more than two since there will only be one team from each conf. to make it to the SB.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I didn't think you could "Marry" more than two since there will only be one team from each conf. to make it to the SB.
well I was just going group-by-group, but I do see your point.
Old 01-04-2010   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Wild Card Teams:
Jets - Date : Sanchez is the flaw, the defense is what keeps me coming back
Ravens - Date : Fatal Flaw is probably the secondary. Where for art though Ed Reed
Eagles - Dump : Teams coming in cold are hard to get a fix on. Plus, the Eagles are always good for getting themselves out of the playoffs
Packers - Marry : Although the O-line looks like crap, Rodgers seems to be making something of it. Defense has been great.

Division Winners:
Cardinals - Dump : Not a believer this year. Resting on their laurels for the last few weeks will burn them
Cowboys - Date : Yeah yeah Cowboys, however Romo has to prove he doesn't choke
Bengals - Dump : WTF was that shit that I just watched.
Patriots - Marry : Even with Welker gone you still have Brady2Moss. If I'm going to dump people for bad defense I'll keep the one with the pretty QB

First-Round Bye:
Colts - Date : Are you ready to see manningface.jpg? I am.
Chargers - Marry : They have been beating people with their B squad
Saints - DUMP : Sorry N.O. but I can't believe.
Vikings - DUMP : Favre is cool but that defense has been playing patty cake with opponents lately.
Old 01-04-2010   #6
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 38001 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

To Sean Payton: "I do."

*crosses fingers that we find early season form in the playoffs*
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I totally stole this idea from a TV show.
For each set of teams:
1 to date: Good-looking, but one fatal flaw.
1 to marry: Likely to go all the way.
1 to dump: Gonna fall flat on their faces in the first game.
And then leave the last alone. I split it up by seeding just because that makes sense in my insomniac haze.

Wild Card Teams:
Jets - Date: Defense is good and team has rushed for 200 yards in five games defense plus running game wins games. Specially against a team they just crushed.
Ravens - Dump: Made it into the playoffs, defense will keep them in thegame against Pats though.
Eagles- Marry : Team still has the pieces to make a run like before getting stopped unexpectedly by the Cards.
Packers - Date : Like the team and Rodgers has really emerged as a top tier QB, but the OL concerns me.

Division Winners:
Cardinals - Date: Quietly won 10 games this season and have weapons on offnese. Don't think they make the run like they did last year though.
Cowboys - Date : Balanced team, but Romo and crew have to prove they can play big in the playoffs.
Bengals- Dump: Going to be hard to bounce back from an ugly loss to an opponent you played a week before.
Patriots- Marry: Still one of the more balanced and well coached teams in the playoffs.

First-Round Bye:
Colts- Marry: Yes. I said it. Yes they ended the season with two duds, but Peyton is still the QB there and the road goes through Indy this post-season. I think they'll be tough to beat there.
Chargers - Date : still haven't gotten past the AFC title game. Though I'll admit this team has been too talented even for Norv to screw it up.
Saints: Date : God, I wanted so bad to say marry for this team, but the late season slump kind of worries me. I'll be rooting for this team hard and I expect to see Brees sparkling this post-season.
Vikings - Dump: Maybe Favre steps it up, however I have a feeling we'll see a multi-pick game from him.
Was harder then I expected.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read