Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2010   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hold em or Fold em: Dunta Robinson

So what do you guys think? I think he's gone after Free Agency this year even with his lack luster performance. He will demand boatloads of money and there will be some team who will give him that boat (I think).

What do you guys think?
Old 01-04-2010   #2
TexanFan23
HoustonTexans#1

Rep Power: 16 TexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Hold em or Fold em: Dunta Robinson

He's gone and it's sad but it is what it is. He'll get a TON of cash on the open market and probably fail somewhere else. We need some new blood at CB.
TexanFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #3
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

10 yard cushions can take a walk. He no longer is the corner he used to be before getting hurt.

He wants to get paid like that guy and not the one he is today.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #4
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't pay him Rick.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

If Dunta wanted to be paid like a middling CB would any of you change your mind?
Old 01-04-2010   #6
TexanFan23
HoustonTexans#1

Rep Power: 16 TexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If Dunta wanted to be paid like a middling CB would any of you change your mind?
For the right price I think it would be great to have him back but he won't take average pay to stay in Houston, He'll be 28 by the time the season starts and he'll be stupid to not atleast try for a huge payday.. What's the shelf life for a CB anyways ? Anyone know ?
Old 01-04-2010   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan23 View Post
For the right price I think it would be great to have him back but he won't take average pay to stay in Houston, He'll be 28 by the time the season starts and he'll be stupid to not atleast try for a huge payday.. What's the shelf life for a CB anyways ? Anyone know ?
It's more dependent on how well the CB plays. If he's talented enough he could play forever, and I don't see that many CB's go right out of the league due to just breaking down as often as I see RB's do that.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2010   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy would make i think a hell of a FS or SS IMO it just screams at me or even a special teams player

But we got alot of contracts to pickup its not a perfect world we cant keep everybody ....and with that being said ....Its hurts me to say this our weakest part of the team is secondary this is someone we SHOULD pick up
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

For the right price, i'd love to have him back, i just think he's gonna price himself out of range. With a little more pressure on the Qb (without blitzing as much) and a ball hawking FS to go along with Pollard I think he's solid.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
This guy would make i think a hell of a FS or SS IMO it just screams at me or even a special teams player
This gets parroted a lot but I don't know why. He hasn't been much of a hitter this year, which is exactly what you would want in your SS position.
Old 01-04-2010   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Glover Quin was definitely a better CB than Dunta this season.

Enough said.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan23 View Post
He's gone and it's sad but it is what it is. He'll get a TON of cash on the open market and probably fail somewhere else. We need some new blood at CB.
LOL, he's not going to get a "ton of cash on the open market". Frankly the guy screwed himself and will most likely come crawling back (he should of taken the contract that we offered him, but I'm glad he didn't), most likely Houston is going to have the final say if he's here next year or not (since teams are NOT going to be beating down his door) and I hope they tell him to kick rocks.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 01-04-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #13
Ryan82
Rookie

I say he stays but only as a nickel corner. Which I feel you would not find a better third string cb
Ryan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan82 View Post
I say he stays but only as a nickel corner. Which I feel you would not find a better third string cb
Dunta's ego would never allow him to be a nickel corner......It would be a TO/Marshall situation if we even tried to press him in that role. The sad thing is, he wouldn't even be the best nickel corner on this team. McCain has that role sowed up.....a corner that still has burning speed and upside. Dunta is OVERRATED, he peeked during his rookie season and it's been downhill since.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #15
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I would give him a similar contract to what Reeves is making.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #16
TexanFan23
HoustonTexans#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
LOL, he's not going to get a "ton of cash on the open market".
I'll bet he does.

Some team out there (Redskins, Raiders) will give him alot of cash in hopes that he'll turn back into a good CB, Will it happen ? I dunno but don't think he won't get paid.
Old 01-04-2010   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, a buddy of mine said earlier today that Dunta had more sacks than any other Texan this year. Do you guys know if that's true or not? I haven't had time to look it up. Dunta being our sack leader sounds like a bit of a stretch.

The guy has left a bad taste in my mouth. We have far too many key players to lock up to be spending money on someone who doesn't want to be here. If Dunta gets a huge payday somewhere else, good for him. But I don't want him here.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Hey, a buddy of mine said earlier today that Dunta had more sacks than any other Texan this year. Do you guys know if that's true or not? I haven't had time to look it up. Dunta being our sack leader sounds like a bit of a stretch.

The guy has left a bad taste in my mouth. We have far too many key players to lock up to be spending money on someone who doesn't want to be here. If Dunta gets a huge payday somewhere else, good for him. But I don't want him here.
Your friend doesn't know much about football.
Old 01-04-2010   #19
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
If our best sack total is 0, I'm very disappointed.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexa...stics?team=HOU
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Resigning Dunta =NO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read