Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-27-2005   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Orlando Pace

Rams traded Orlando Pace to the Giants for Amani Toomer, Will Allen and a 2nd round pick.

Last edited by Grid; 02-27-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

*EDITED*

LIES! its all LIES!

(the cowboys part that is.. the Giants/Raiders trade is true.. at least at this point)

Last edited by Grid; 02-27-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2005   #3
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Rams traded Orlando Pace to the Giants for Amani Toomer, Will Allen and a 2nd round pick.
Hold on let me get this str8. You are telling me that in addition to Torry Holt and Issac Bruce the Rams also now have Armani Toomer. That's got to be the best WR corp in the leauge hands down if it wasn't already.

And what were the Giants thinking? Did they really need an O-Lineman that bad. Toomer, Allen and a 2nd round pick is alot!!!
Old 02-27-2005   #4
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
Hold on let me get this str8. You are telling me that in addition to Torry Holt and Issac Bruce the Rams also now have Armani Toomer. That's got to be the best WR corp in the leauge hands down if it wasn't already.

And what were the Giants thinking? Did they really need an O-Lineman that bad. Toomer, Allen and a 2nd round pick is alot!!!
...The Giants STOLE this trade.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005   #5
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
...The Giants STOLE this trade.
Are you saying that the Giants got the better end of the trade?
Old 02-27-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

They really needed an olineman. their line is almost as bad as ours.. but without the upside.

btw im deleting the Cowboy post. it was a rumor that spread real quick and got turned into truth.
Old 02-27-2005   #7
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Are you saying that the Giants got the better end of the trade?
Let's see....You have a second year QB who got rocked last year. They "lost" a Safety that got burned more than a pizza baking at 500 for an hour, an average WR and 2nd rounder for a TOP 3 LT in the league??? Yea...I'd say they won.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2005   #8
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
They really needed an olineman. their line is almost as bad as ours.. but without the upside.
Well if their line was as bad as ours i guess that trade would make since. It's nice to know that some NFL teams take pride in protecting their QB's who are supposed to be the future of the franchise.
Old 02-27-2005   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Decent trades by both teams, but a couple flaws...

Rams have pretty much told Issac Bruce to go find himself somewhere else to play. (Unless they bring him back(re-sign,hes a UFA) and put Toomer in the Slot.) Allen is an up and coming CB and has speed and can cover pretty good. That being said, the Rams OL takes a BIG hit...no Pace, no Turley. They might struggle to protect Bulger.

Giants FINALLY....FINALLY have someone that can block that doesnt have the name "Luke Petitgout"....the 2nd rd pick IS a bit much,seeing as they lost that #12 with the deal for Manning. Allen was big in pass defense with Peterson being out for a long period of time....and Toomer was really their only WR that was worth talking about.

All in all...both teams lose and gain in this deal.

Winner of the trade as of now...i'll say STL, only cuz they get a good CB in the process.
Old 02-27-2005   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

BTW.. The Redskins "allegedly" signed Samari Rolle. the source isnt very reliable though so take that with a grain of salt.
Old 02-27-2005   #11
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

can i get a link?
Old 02-27-2005   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

nope.. everything is rumors and "inside sources" right now. Wont be any real news announcements until FA has officially began.

BTW.. in related news.. if the Rams get Toomer it is rumored/assumed that they will release Bruce.
Old 02-27-2005   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

oh and also.. this was supposedly announced on ESPN radio.. but rams fans and insiders are saying that it may not be true.. or that it may be true, but the deal is different. Supposedly the giants want picks from the Rams.. either that.. or its a 2nd rounder NEXT year.
Old 02-27-2005   #14
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
BTW.. The Redskins "allegedly" signed Samari Rolle. the source isnt very reliable though so take that with a grain of salt.

Yeah, the Redskins signed Rolle...if they did, that means they have money. I KNOW FOR DAMN SURE THEY AIN'T GOT A DIME TO SPEND IN FREE AGENCY! That is all.

*takes that with that salt grain!*
Old 02-27-2005   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

exactly.. which is why i said take that with a grain of salt.

*lol*
Old 02-28-2005   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

This is an odd trade. I dont see the Rams needing a WR like toomer. Allen makes sense, and so does the pick, but thats all. I would have pulled the trigger on that deal if I was the giants GM.

I actually wish the texans would have put together a package like that for Pace.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #17
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
*EDITED*

LIES! its all LIES!

(the cowboys part that is.. the Giants/Raiders trade is true.. at least at this point)
That hurts man. You had my hopes up.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #18
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Yes because Eli Manning will be working behind him, that allows you can put any WR out there and he will rack up yards.

Pace for Toomer and 2nd round = I think that is a steal for the G men
Ok it may have been a steal, but let me remind you that it is Eli Manning and not Peyton we are talking about. Eli hasn't done anything yet, but show potential. Just cause he'll have blockers doesn't mean he'll be like his big bro.
Old 02-28-2005   #19
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
That's got to be the best WR corp in the leauge hands down if it wasn't already.
Cough Harrison cough Wayne cough Stokely cough

Amazing trade however, if it happens
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Eli's second year he gets Orlando Pace to cover his back, but DC got Seth
Wand. I dunno, could understand DC being a little bit envious (and maybe
a little pi### off to ) about that. But the G-men know how to take care of their young QB.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read