Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2010   #1
Texanballer
Rookie

Rep Power: 25 Texanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performer
Default Bob Mcnair seems extremely disappointed....

I am happy with the 9-7 season and didnt expect the bengals to win. But Mcnair seemed like he was completely sold the Texans were in the playoffs based on what i am watching on inside the game on ABC. He was very happy in the post game locker room but right now he seems very upset as if certain people are still not safe job wise.
Texanballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #2
TexanFan23
HoustonTexans#1

Rep Power: 15 TexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Bob Mcnair seems extremely disappointed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanballer View Post
I am happy with the 9-7 season and didnt expect the bengals to win. But Mcnair seemed like he was completely sold the Texans were in the playoffs based on what i am watching on inside the game on ABC. He was very happy in the post game locker room but right now he seems very upset as if certain people are still not safe job wise.
I really doubt you'll see much change in the way of coaching for the Texans.
TexanFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm watching it and don't get that impression at all.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan23 View Post
I really doubt you'll see much change in the way of coaching for the Texans.
I think some position coaches are getting cut this season. Chick Harris I'm looking at you.
Old 01-03-2010   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

And anybody whose name ends in "ris Brown", if the team doesn't cut you I will.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #6
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

He probably thought the Bengals wouldnt roll over - neither did I.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think some position coaches are getting cut this season. Chick Harris I'm looking at you.
I really hope Alex Gibbs goes out to pasture this offseason. The run game is his baby.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2010   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'm watching it and don't get that impression at all.
Neither did I. But, he didn't come off giddy, either. Which I appreciated.

Didn't care for the Rick Smith interview, suggesting that the Texans were starting to meet their goals (he's a "goal-oriented person"). You need to set your goals higher, Rick.
Old 01-03-2010   #9
TexanFan23
HoustonTexans#1

Rep Power: 15 TexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post

Hopefully Smith will do the right thing and save you some jail time
TexanFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #10
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Neither did I. But, he didn't come off giddy, either. Which I appreciated.

Didn't care for the Rick Smith interview, suggesting that the Texans were starting to meet their goals (he's a "goal-oriented person"). You need to set your goals higher, Rick.
If 9-7 is a goal then we have the wrong people making decisions.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #11
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
We would need a new franchise LT if that was the case.
Old 01-03-2010   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
We would need a new franchise LT if that was the case.
He said "ris Brown", not "uane Brown".
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #13
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems he got some low standards. I didnt see the piece you guys saw but Ch. 2 showed an interview and said "Well at least we arent/werent getting blown out in the games. We've been in every game except one". So winning doesnt matter, as long as we come close and arent getting blown out? Thats low imo
Old 01-03-2010   #14
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
He said "ris Brown", not "uane Brown".
I just saw that, my mistake.
Old 01-03-2010   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Seems he got some low standards. I didnt see the piece you guys saw but Ch. 2 showed an interview and said "Well at least we arent/werent getting blown out in the games. We've been in every game except one". So winning doesnt matter, as long as we come close and arent getting blown out? Thats low imo
It's lip service. He already declared Kubiak to be the coach this upcoming season so why belittle now?
Old 01-03-2010   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Baby steps people Baby steps
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #17
J_R
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
It's lip service. He already declared Kubiak to be the coach this upcoming season so why belittle now?
Oh hell I dont know. You're probably right though. Lip service. Baby steps as Norg said and gotta have something to sell to the fans.
Old 01-03-2010   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we have to find a way to improve based on the games we lost ..Kinda like the NBA does

Manily the divison games and why we lost thoes games

JAX-Twice
Tenn
Indy- Twice

why did we lose thoes games ?????

-NOt good enough Guards
-Not having a goal line Running back
-Not having a clutch Kicker

and many other reasons

Call me crazy but i would not mind if we got a Badass KIcker in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft this season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I really hope Alex Gibbs goes out to pasture this offseason. The run game is his baby.
We had one very good year of running the ball and one very bad one under Gibbs. His track record is phenomenal. I doubt Kubiak and the Texans give up on him after this season considering what he's done in the past. Losing Pitts and Briesel certainly didn't help either.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
we have to find a way to improve based on the games we lost ..Kinda like the NBA does

Manily the divison games and why we lost thoes games

JAX-Twice
Tenn
Indy- Twice

why did we lose thoes games ?????

-NOt good enough Guards
-Not having a goal line Running back
-Not having a clutch Kicker

and many other reasons

Call me crazy but i would not mind if we got a Badass KIcker in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft this season
There no huge-legged kickers like Janukowski in this year's draft. The
Raiders actually spent a high-round pick on that guy, and he's STILL
their kicker.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read