Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak makes the Texans less Dangerous to the Colts

S4DF

Practice Squad
The longer you stick with the same system and allow Kubiak to develop and build the Texans slowly and patiently, the more time you give Peyton and friends to crack Kubiak's code.

The Colts aren't just on top of the division because of player talent, they are perennial winners because Peyton isn't really challenged anymore by the 3 other teams in the division. Sure, you could draft a RB and become a great running team like Jacksonville in the Fred Taylor/MJD days or the Titans currently, but that's not likely to get you to even split games with the Colts.

It's a rare situation that your path to the playoffs goes through a QB that is so smart that your entire system can become obsolete in a matter of a few years, but seriously, a new coach would pose a greater threat to the division leader, and the Texans have obviously already dedicated their plan towards stopping Peyton (i.e. Mario Williams over Reggie Bush) and trust me, Kubiak's system does not scare the Colts.

mussop

Hall of Fame
The longer you stick with the same system and allow Kubiak to develop and build the Texans slowly and patiently, the more time you give Peyton and friends to crack Kubiak's code.

The Colts aren't just on top of the division because of player talent, they are perennial winners because Peyton isn't really challenged anymore by the 3 other teams in the division. Sure, you could draft a RB and become a great running team like Jacksonville in the Fred Taylor/MJD days or the Titans currently, but that's not likely to get you to even split games with the Colts.

It's a rare situation that your path to the playoffs goes through a QB that is so smart that your entire system can become obsolete in a matter of a few years, but seriously, a new coach would pose a greater threat to the division leader, and the Texans have obviously already dedicated their plan towards stopping Peyton (i.e. Mario Williams over Reggie Bush) and trust me, Kubiak's system does not scare the Colts.
Jeesh are you a Colts fan?

D-ReK

RAWWWRR!
The Colts are 7-1 against the Kubiak era Texans. If there were a code to crack, they did it a long time ago.

It seems the best way to beat the Colts is to get pressure on Peyton and/or grind out the clock to keep the ball out of his hands. If we are able to resign all of our key pieces on D and acquire a DT who can collapse the pocket and a solid RB, there is no reason why we can't dominate them next year.

Improving slowly is better than not improving at all.

Cjeremy635

Overtraining
I don't buy into your logic here. I think we are built to beat them, we just aren't mature enough to do it yet.....if that makes sense. We gave them a run for their money and we were our own worst enemy during that span of games. If we stop shooting ourselves in the foot, we can beat any of the other 31 teams. We get in our own way at this point in our history, and I'll take that, it's a sign of a young team and a young franchise. Those are mental mistakes that can be corrected in a relatively short amount of time. It's not like we're the Lions or Raiders here, we are definately capable and don't have to use the "any given Sunday" logic anymore.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Why should we trust you? [/rhetorical]

In any event I'd bet Manning would much rather face the Bengals or Jets than the Texans this post-season.
4 posts and 0 rep - he's deffinately earned that trust :sarcasm:

I think you are right , the Dolts (and Bungles) would rather face someone else - This team had the Dolts on the ropes in both games - Take away a Moats fumble inside the 5 and that game likely turns out much different. (and they beat the Bungles on their home field).

The NFL isnt about systems or who's athletes are better than who's - this aint NCAA football , its the NFL. The entire league is full of superior athletes - It boils down to execution and mental preperation. The Texans have been prepared , they just havent been able to execute - make a damn play - often enough when they need to - The Dolts have.

As for the Dolts and all this system crap - I dont buy it. The Dolts are likely a 5-7 win team without Pey-Me-A-Ton. With him they are a superbowl contender. He makes everyone else on that offense better.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

So by your logic, we should change coaches every four years to stay ahead of Manning's code breaking skillz.

If that sounds absurd, maybe that's because it is.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
Nobody's afraid of the Colts' system either--just the QB running it, his wall of protection, and their D's pass rush.

Want to beat the Colts? Get a real FS and a large, disruptive, NT so Peyton will have to back up to Mario's kill zone.

The colts won every game they tried to win this year.

My guess is the colts are just a damn good football team regardless of what Kubiak does.

bckey

All Pro
In any event I'd bet Manning would much rather face the Bengals or Jets than the Texans this post-season.
Bengals maybe but not the Jets. They beat us handily on opening day and killed our first ever however slight playoff hopes on the final game of the regular season. And did it with a 37-0 shutout. The Bengals don't look like a playoff team to me.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Bengals maybe but not the Jets. They beat us handily on opening day and killed our first ever however slight playoff hopes on the final game of the regular season. And did it with a 37-0 shutout. The Bengals don't look like a playoff team to me.
1st game of the season and playoffs are two totally different critters. Also one game doesn't overcome a track record of very hard fought forced to come from behind games.

TheCD

Rookie

Are you trying to say we should change offensive/defensive philosophies every other year?!?!? :confused: