Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2010   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rick, pay me.....

Signed Bernard Pollard. Sign the man already! He's been huge since he showed up, love his attitude.
Old 01-03-2010   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick, pay me.....

Co-signed,
DeMeco Ryans
Owen Daniels
Old 01-03-2010   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Co-signed,
DeMeco Ryans
Owen Daniels
Yep Yep
Old 01-03-2010   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont worry iam pretty sure Pollard is Staying with us next year we got that on lock
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Signed Bernard Pollard. Sign the man already! He's been huge since he showed up, love his attitude.
I want a long term contract signed yesterday.
Old 01-03-2010   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I would bet someone will offer Pollard big money. We've got Demeco & OD to sign as well.

I had heard on the radio today, that we locked up Foster for 2 years...... I didn't know that.

& what do you guys think about Dunta? 5 for 75 for Randy Moss, no TDs.. do we want to keep Dunta?
Old 01-03-2010   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I would bet someone will offer Pollard big money. We've got Demeco & OD to sign as well.
All three are restricted free agents. The Texans have the right to match any offer.
Old 01-03-2010   #8
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All three are restricted free agents. The Texans have the right to match any offer.
You think New England makes Pollard an offer?????

If anyone deserves to be paid, it's Pollard. He made a statement the whole time he's been with us this year.
Old 01-03-2010   #9
SoCalTexanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVP

D Ryan - Franchise Tag
D Robinson- probably sign somewhere else but definitely not for the Texans original offer if he stays
O Daniels-Love the guy but his injury may prevent him from the big pay day. Hope he stays but a torn ACL is not the injury you want in a contract year
Pollard-will be resigned unless Texans can land a top tier safety like T Mays in the draft.
SoCalTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTexanFan View Post
D Ryan - Franchise Tag
D Robinson- probably sign somewhere else but definitely not for the Texans original offer if he stays
O Daniels-Love the guy but his injury may prevent him from the big pay day. Hope he stays but a torn ACL is not the injury you want in a contract year
Pollard-will be resigned unless Texans can land a top tier safety like T Mays in the draft.
I would be very pissed if they franchised Demeco rather than paying him.
Old 01-03-2010   #11
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91406 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Signed Pollardized (ME)... for all the mental anguish I have put up with over the years; and for the ulcer I am developing tonight.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #12
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I would be very pissed if they franchised Demeco rather than paying him.
No franchise tags in the uncapped year.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Not correct. Franchise tags will still be available and RFA tenders are extended from 4 to 6 years.
Old 01-03-2010   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodbye Dunta!
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pollard is a restricted free agent? Are you sure?

Great news if true.

What would the Texans' compensation be if he signed with another team?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #16
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not correct. Franchise tags will still be available and RFA tenders are extended from 4 to 6 years.
Actually two franchise/transition tags will be available to each team in an uncapped year.
Old 01-03-2010   #17
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Pollard is a restricted free agent? Are you sure?

Great news if true.

What would the Texans' compensation be if he signed with another team?
Pollard has now been in the league for 4 seasons. In previous years, that would make him eligible for unrestricted free agency. But due to the NFL opting out of the collective bargaining agreement with the players' union, players need 6 vested league years to become UFAs. That's if their current teams decide to tender them. Which I'm sure the Texans will with Pollard.

If Pollard were to sign an offer sheet, and the Texans refused to match, the Texans would receive a draft pick commensurate with the type of tender that was offered. The options would be a 1st & 3rd round pick tender, a 1st round pick tender, a 2nd round tender, and a minimum tender (which would also return a 2nd round selection as Pollard was a 2nd round pick in 2006).
Old 01-03-2010   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, I doubt we will see very much movement of quality players during the FA period. The new rules extending UFA to 6 years will affect something like 212 players in the league (I think that was in USA Today). Teams will hit the guys they want to keep with a strong RFA and those they want to unload, maybe for contract reasons, they wont. If I understand the contract situation correctly, it looks like there will be a good opportunity for some teams to unload high paid, older players without the usual cap hit. If so, we sure could have used something like that for Weaver a couple of years ago. On the other hand, we might be able to pick up an older player (29-34) or two for a much smaller salary hit than usual and get a couple of years out of them.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #19
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
IMO, I doubt we will see very much movement of quality players during the FA period. The new rules extending UFA to 6 years will affect something like 212 players in the league (I think that was in USA Today). Teams will hit the guys they want to keep with a strong RFA and those they want to unload, maybe for contract reasons, they wont. If I understand the contract situation correctly, it looks like there will be a good opportunity for some teams to unload high paid, older players without the usual cap hit. If so, we sure could have used something like that for Weaver a couple of years ago. On the other hand, we might be able to pick up an older player (29-34) or two for a much smaller salary hit than usual and get a couple of years out of them.
Can you say finally get that solid penetrating DT/NT we have been coveting.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pollard has now been in the league for 4 seasons. In previous years, that would make him eligible for unrestricted free agency. But due to the NFL opting out of the collective bargaining agreement with the players' union, players need 6 vested league years to become UFAs. That's if their current teams decide to tender them. Which I'm sure the Texans will with Pollard.

If Pollard were to sign an offer sheet, and the Texans refused to match, the Texans would receive a draft pick commensurate with the type of tender that was offered. The options would be a 1st & 3rd round pick tender, a 1st round pick tender, a 2nd round tender, and a minimum tender (which would also return a 2nd round selection as Pollard was a 2nd round pick in 2006).
How many players of each level tender can a team assign?
For example, are they limited to one 1st & 3rd, two 1st rd, two 2nd rd, etc....?
How many players at each level can we "protect"?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read