Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-03-2010   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboys v Philly

I like how we got on the board early but that interception was bad on the tip. Could have been 14-0. They need to put points up vs the Eagles. I want the division
Old 01-03-2010   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys v Philly

Go Cowboys!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

17-0....kicker made it. Glad Folk got cut

Roy Williams isn't good
Old 01-03-2010   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
17-0....kicker made it. Glad Folk got cut

Roy Williams isn't good
Folk had to go. I still think he has some kind of residual effect from his hip surgery but he couldn't kick anymore so that's too bad.

RW isn't good..boy are you right about that...although I loved him at UT where he was money. Argh.
Old 01-03-2010   #5
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

well the eagles look just like the cowboys did last year
Old 01-03-2010   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by treduke View Post
well the eagles look just like the cowboys did last year
Eh maybe...but they probably aren't quitters...the Cowboys just flat out quit last year. Cowboys will have to continue to bring it to win.

My vote for team that had quit would be the Giants.
Old 01-03-2010   #7
treduke
All Pro

Rep Power: 178 treduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respectedtreduke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Eh maybe...but they probably aren't quitters...the Cowboys just flat out quit last year. Cowboys will have to continue to bring it to win.

My vote for team that had quit would be the Giants.
yeah the giants just laid there and took it.......HARD
Old 01-03-2010   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
yeah the giants just laid there and took it.......HARD
don't get that either. They're well coached and have solid players.
Old 01-03-2010   #9
treduke
All Pro

Quote:
don't get that either. They're well coached and have solid players.
i really thought after the beating they took last week they would come out with some fire but i guess not!
Old 01-03-2010   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
i really thought after the beating they took last week they would come out with some fire but i guess not!
You know I cannot remember reading one single thing about Coughlin being on the hot seat this year.

He was a few years ago and they went on to win the SB...but not this year.

I wonder if he is on the hotseat?
Old 01-03-2010   #11
treduke
All Pro

Quote:
You know I cannot remember reading one single thing about Coughlin being on the hot seat this year.

He was a few years ago and they went on to win the SB...but not this year.

I wonder if he is on the hotseat?
winning the sb gave coach coughlin at least three years of wiggle room
plus with a new stadium i doubt the mara family would want to rock the boat
Old 01-03-2010   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
winning the sb gave coach coughlin at least three years of wiggle room
plus with a new stadium i doubt the mara family would want to rock the boat
Yea you may be right about that wiggle room. I never have seen his name as a coach that could be fired.

He's an older guy though..maybe he'll decide to retire. Maybe it's not worth it to him anymore.

That's just me talking though..I've never heard him say that.
Old 01-03-2010   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Division Champs!!!I'll take that after all the talk about them. The NFC East never goes tro the pre-season fave of late. Our reward...Philly again
Old 01-03-2010   #14
treduke
All Pro

not a fan of the blue stars but i think they have philly's number this year but beating a team three times is tough!
Old 01-03-2010   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

How weird to have to play them again next week. I'll take it though!

Always nice to kick some Eagles butt. Hasn't happened much lately. They didn't look very prepared to me.
Old 01-03-2010   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92829 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Division Champs!!!I'll take that after all the talk about them. The NFC East never goes tro the pre-season fave of late. Our reward...Philly again
The Cowboys have had a really good season. I think they over achieved and at least beat many people's expectations. Beating Philly at the end of the year unlike what happened last season was nice icing on the cake for them. They'll have to do it again though which is going to be a grudge match for both. Beating NO and the Eagles both at the end of the season should be good for their confidence.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
not a fan of the blue stars but i think they have philly's number this year but beating a team three times is tough!
yea that's a tall order beating them 3 times. We'll see. Never know but they are playing good defense and the Eagles can't seem to cover Witten.
Old 01-03-2010   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The Cowboys have had a really good season. I think they over achieved and at least beat many people's expectations. Beating Philly at the end of the year unlike what happened last season was nice icing on the cake for them. They'll have to do it again though which is going to be a grudge match for both. Beating NO and the Eagles both at the end of the season should be good for their confidence.
What worries me is that it reminds me of 2 years ago. Won the division, beat the Giants convincingly twice and then the Giants took it to them. I think Romo and the team is different this year though and that year they had the bye. Right now they keep playing and using the momentum. Hopefully they make a little noise. You are right....a year many didn't expect. Miles Austin really turned them around
Old 01-03-2010   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What worries me is that it reminds me of 2 years ago. Won the division, beat the Giants convincingly twice and then the Giants took it to them. I think Romo and the team is different this year though and that year they had the bye. Right now they keep playing and using the momentum. Hopefully they make a little noise. You are right....a year many didn't expect. Miles Austin really turned them around
If they'd get real smart they'd take out Williams and put in Ogletree...but we know that's not gonna happen.
Old 01-03-2010   #20
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles will beat the Cowboys next week. The Eagles played as bad as they could tonight and the Cowboys played lights out. The Cowboys beat the Giants twice in 2007. Then, the playoffs happened. If the Cowboys do win though, they could be in Miami.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read