Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2010   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Was our #64 illegally downfield on the Kevin Walter catch for a 1st down?

I could have sworn he has wayyyy downfield.

64 is Studdard, right?
Old 01-03-2010   #2
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Was our #64 illegally downfield on the Kevin Walter catch for a 1st down?

Yep... got away w/ that one.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Was our #64 illegally downfield on the Kevin Walter catch for a 1st down?

Was it called? If not then who cares?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares, I saw a lot of no calls against their OL, holding Mario and Antonio for half the freaking game.
Old 01-03-2010   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Was it called? If not then who cares?
I just wondered if anyone else saw it, that's all.
Old 01-03-2010   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

My broadcast showed hardly any penalties in replay, nor did they show alot of what happened on the field short of the actual play. Real bad coverage...
Old 01-03-2010   #7
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I saw that too but I wasn't sure, and still I'm surprised how bad the refs have become this year.
Old 01-03-2010   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I ain't seen nuffin'!!!

OK, maybe he was just a little itty tad over.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I pointed it out to my wife. We got away with that one.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes he was.
Old 01-03-2010   #11
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I could have sworn he has wayyyy downfield.

64 is Studdard, right?
who cares. there were probably 7-10 missed calls in that game. It all evens out eventually. Plus it worked out in our favor so Im not complaining.
Old 01-03-2010   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Yes he was.
LOL.

He was downfield by about 10 yards, IIRC.

I think he assumed Schaub was tucking it and running with it.

Question: If the QB is outside of a certain area, say "the Tackle box," is it OK for a lineman to go downfield?

Is it still illegally downfield? I would think it is.
Old 01-03-2010   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
who cares. there were probably 7-10 missed calls in that game. It all evens out eventually. Plus it worked out in our favor so Im not complaining.
Good freaking grief, dude.

I'm just making conversation.

Why is there two people on here who act like I'm somehow desiring us to have had it called against us?

It's. Just. An. Observation.
Old 01-03-2010   #14
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good freaking grief, dude.

I'm just making conversation.

Why is there two people on here who act like I'm somehow desiring us to have had it called against us?

It's. Just. An. Observation.
woah woah woah bro. take it easy. no hostility here. just throwing in my two cents, even if its not wanted.....
Old 01-03-2010   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
woah woah woah bro. take it easy. no hostility here. just throwing in my two cents, even if its not wanted.....
I think it was just the fact that you pretty much copied the other guy who did the same thing. Did you read his? Did you read mine?

All I was doing is seeing how many of us saw it when it happened. I have been posting with these guys for the better part of 7 or 8 years, so we kinda' have a running conversation on things.

Not saying you can't join in. Just saying it rubs me wrong when a few people do crap like that. It kinda' goes without saying that we were ALL glad the refs missed it.
Old 01-03-2010   #16
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL.

He was downfield by about 10 yards, IIRC.

I think he assumed Schaub was tucking it and running with it.

Question: If the QB is outside of a certain area, say "the Tackle box," is it OK for a lineman to go downfield?

Is it still illegally downfield? I would think it is.
Yea, he pretty much landed at Walter's feet on the catch. I don't understand how it wasn't called.

This game was officiated pretty oddly. They'd "let them play" for a large majority of the game, and throw in a ticky-tac call every once in a while. Didn't seem to be any consistency to me.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #17
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
I think it was just the fact that you pretty much copied the other guy who did the same thing. Did you read his? Did you read mine?

All I was doing is seeing how many of us saw it when it happened. I have been posting with these guys for the better part of 7 or 8 years, so we kinda' have a running conversation on things.

Not saying you can't join in. Just saying it rubs me wrong when a few people do crap like that. It kinda' goes without saying that we were ALL glad the refs missed it.
Duly noted. For the record I did not read his post. No harm no foul. I guess we are on common ground here with both of us being Texan fans so no need to beat a dead horse.
Old 01-03-2010   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Yea, he pretty much landed at Walter's feet on the catch. I don't understand how it wasn't called.

This game was officiated pretty oddly. They'd "let them play" for a large majority of the game, and throw in a ticky-tac call every once in a while. Didn't seem to be any consistency to me.
Exactly!

The pass interference call on the Patriots that put us near the goal line was not THAT bad of a play by the Pats defender. I feel it was a make-up call for the one they missed against the Pats earlier in the game.
Old 01-03-2010   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

speaking of KW

i think JJ has dont alot to help him be our #2 next year and looks like Kevin walter will be looking for another team

any team who gets him will be lucky IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
speaking of KW

i think JJ has dont alot to help him be our #2 next year and looks like Kevin walter will be looking for another team

any team who gets him will be lucky IMO
I doubt KW will be going to another team. Might move to the slot position though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read